- Linux certified professional over 7 years of professional experience as a linux system and vmware administrator with experience in operating systems that include, redhat, centos and ubuntu.
- Experienced in implementing the applications like apache, tomcat, mysql with php and ldap environment.
- Extensive experience in vmware esx/esxi 4.x, 5.x, vcenter 5.x. Proficiency in vmware installation and monitoring virtual environments with esx 5.x and virtual center 4.x and virtual appliance 5.x.
- Strong experience with vmware ha (high availability), fault tolerance, distributed resource scheduler (drs) and vmware distributed power management.
- Experience working with dns/dhcp/ldap/nfs/nis/nis+ services.
- Worked on data - center operation and migration across the linux platforms.
- Experience in system administration and server virtualization, worked closely with software development, client services, implementation and support teams to meet business and technical demands.
- Expertise in nfs/dns/tftp/dhcp/tcpip, ssh, scp, rsync, tar, gzip, etc.
- Implementation of backup solutions using veritas netbackup 4.5, 5 and 6.5
- Experience in shell and perl scripting
- User & security administration, multiple backup & recovery technologies (snapshots, disaster recovery plan) and maintenance of various activities.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, design, administration, implementation, and support on linux environment.
- Installation and up gradation of packages and patches configuration mgmt., version control, service pack & reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Experience with microsoft exchange 2003, 2007, windows server 2003/ 2008, microsoft active directory, dns, dhcp, routing and remote access.
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading esxi servers, virtual center servers and windows virtual machines using vmware update manager and manual upgrades for patching.
- Strong knowledge of tcp/ip protocol suite, virtual networks, wireless networks & cloud computing concepts.
- Experience with vsphere problem determination, capacity planning and root cause analysis.
- Experience in creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in red hat linux.
- Installation and up gradation of packages and patches configuration mgmt., version control, service pack. & reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Proficient in configuring the data communication devices such as routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers and troubleshooting lan and first level wan related problems.
Operating systems: RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, solaris 2.x/7/8/9,10, hpux 10.20, 11.00, windows 2000/2003 server family & professional, windows95/98/me/xp/vista/windows7/8
Hardware: Sun cool thread t2000, t6320, sun enterprise m3000, m5000, sun midrange 4500, 6500, v480, v490, v880, v890, sun entry level x4100, x4200, x4250, x4440, netra t1 dell power edge 1350, 1750, 1850, 2850, 6450, hp proliant dl 360g2, dl 360g5 and dl 580, 585g2, backup devices, ethernet hubs, routers, lan testers, cable modems, terminal servers and print servers, dlt/dds drives.
Data base servers: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g on solaris and red hat linux.
Storage and backup: Netapp, hitachi data systems, veritas net backup .
Languages and scripting: Shell and perl
Volume and server management: Solaris volume manager, logical volume manager, veritas volume manager.
Vmware tools: Horizon view 4.5/5.0, esxi- 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0 , vmware vsphere 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5 , vcenter server 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5 site recovery management (srm), vmware infrastructure 3.0/3.5, esx 3/3.5, vcloud suite5.1, vcenter lab manager 4, vcenter server, vcenter update manager, symantec backup, vcenter operations manager(vcops), vblock, vsphere replicator, vsphere web client.
Linux / Vmware Admin
- Installing and managing esx and esxi servers on hp, dell and installation of vcenter server, vcenter components using vsphere web client and upgrading vmware tools.
- Planning, managing and installation of vmware esx 5.0 /5.1 server, installation and configuration of virtual center database and installation of vmware infrastructure virtual machine.
- Management and integration of esx server, create a new storage space, creation of vmfs data store, configuration networking for the virtual machines.
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting vmware esx server, vmware virtual center, setting up v-motion, ha, Drs, and related vmware products such as vm workstation, p2v converters, vm backup products and other products for virtualization.
- Migration of virtual machine from one enclosure to another within the same environment in different enclosure
- Troubleshoot and resolve the storage related issues generated in the production, development and testing environments using vcops.
- Vm servers build & rebuild (deploying the new vm from the template and cloning an existing vm) as per the client request through change management process.
- Moving vm’s from one datastore to another datastore using storage vmotion.
- Installation and configuration vcenter heartbeat for vcenter failover and failback purpose.
- Support and training - provided necessary help / assistance to it helpdesk / telecom support personnel to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of rhel 5 and 6.
- Applied patches on all linux and hp-ux serves from common repository.
- Configured dm-multipath, gfs and redhat cluster on linux boxes.
- Wrote extensive shell scripts to automate the tasks.
- Troubleshooting day - to-day issues with various servers on different platforms.
- File system administration, setting up disk quota, solutions on san/nas storage.
- Reconfiguring consoles, nic on the servers and worked with san migrations team to bring the emc disks online.
- Configured ldap in redhat linux servers.
- Managed disks and file systems using lvm on linux.
- Worked with linux, san, oracle database, and network teams.
- Monitored linux server for CPU utilization, memory utilization, and disk utilization for performance monitoring.
- Configured and administered xen virtual servers (domains).
- Implementing software raid Confidential install-time and run-time on linux
- Add, remove, and resize logical volumes and file systems on linux.
- Diagnose and correct boot failures arising from boot loader, module, and file system errors on linux.
- Worked on variety of linux platforms red hat linux, solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Vlan creation across the vblock platform (cisco, n1k, ucs, cisco n5k)
- Redundancy for vblock management traffic
- Experience in monitoring and performance troubleshooting in both oracle databases and vmware infrastructure and in database management in oracle and mysql
- Build servers using kick start, red hat satellite server, and vsphere client.
- Implemented automations tools chef, puppet, and spelunk.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using redhat satellite server, yum, etc.
- Worked exclusively on vmware virtual environment.
- Experience in using vmware-vmotion to move vm’s from one datacenter to another datacenter.
- Involved in installation and configuration of various third party software onto servers.
- Installed packages using yum and red hat package manager (rpm) on various servers.
- Troubleshooting network administration, iis configuration, dns setup and modifications, firewall rule sets, local and distributed director, connectivity, and supporting applications.
- Provide support to account managers, UNIX and windows technicians, and other departments.
- Used logical volume manager for the management of volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on linux.
- Coordinated with various cross functional teams across it operations to make sure smooth functioning of projects.
- Worked closely with dba team in order to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
Linux-VMware Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers
- User management, creating and managing user accounts, groups and access levels
- Monitoring System Performance of Virtual memory, managing swap space, disk utilization and CPU utilization
- Added new physical volumes and disk space using LVM, managed, and troubleshoot file systems.
- Configured and troubleshooting NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, and Apache servers in Linux Servers.
- Installation and configuration of ESX/ESXi hosts, register to the vCenter server.
- VM provisioning through ESX/ESXi hosts and VMware vCenter Server 4.0
- Performed upgrades of Packages and Patches in Linux.
- Installed Linux on VMware virtual servers using Virtual Client Infrastructure Console and Virtual Media.
- Patched different software using RedHat Package Manager and YUM. Upgraded Linux Kernel using YUM.
- Provide support to web and application teams.
- User management, creating and managing user account, groups and access levels.
- Setup sudo environment in sudoers file.
- Automate day to day sysadmin tasks by setting cron jobs.
- Modified existing scripts to automate backup jobs.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain,
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes