Technically-sophisticated network and systems management professional with a solid history of effective systems and infrastructure server administration for multi-site data centers across the United States and England. Broad knowledge and success in a business and manufacturing environment supporting large scale LAN/WAN networks. Skilled trainer able to direct multiple tasks effectively and master innovative software and tools.
Areas of Expertise:
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Senior Network Engineer
Designed, implemented, maintained and supported data network, infrastructure communication equipment including all Cisco equipment, switches, firewalls, routers and concentrators. Performed tier three support along with Project support of a multiple server migration. I also was involved with a upgrade of over 200 firewalls. Supported migration of servers to VMware including physical migrations and VMware migrations.
Senior Network Engineer
Designed, implemented, maintained and supported data network, infrastructure servers, VMware and Dell Equallogic SAN system. Designed, implemented and supported core, distribution and access layers for network using Cisco router, switches and firewall. Designed disaster recovery plan for enterprise using Dell Servers and storage along with VMware to a warm off site location. Implemented and supported Server 2008 and Active Directory. In one of the offices migrated Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. I installed Exchange 2010 at new office location. Transformed network from a flat network to a network with multiple VLAN's using Cisco switches and Dell switches. Improved network and system availability by forty percent. Set up network for VOIP. Worked with Sonic Wall SPAM filter and used Cisco ASA 5510 for the firewall and VPN. Negotiated, maintained and managed all contracts pertaining to information technology and security. Managed vendors and consultant's worked with consultants on project plans and delivery of the projects on time and on budget. Built and maintained LINUX server. Deployed and supported Microsoft Hyper-V
Network engineer Contractor
This position was primarily performing routine day to day network communication tasks and requests assigned directly ticketing system. Job duties include assist LCM team with troubleshooting local problems and perform problem resolution analysis and general network/system management install and configure network equipment from on-site spares maintain Cisco routers, switches, and Cisco Access Points proactive monitor wireless infrastructure via Cisco Wireless Control System WCS review network logs from Cisco routers/switches and troubleshoot network problems. Other duties include responding to telephone calls, emails and personal requests for technical support
Senior Network / Systems Engineer
Designed, implemented, maintained and supported data network, infrastructure servers and security systems. Negotiated, maintained and managed all contracts pertaining to information technology and security. Managed vendors and consultant's worked with consultants on project plans and delivery of the projects on time and on budget. Designed, implemented and supported Microsoft 2003 Server with 2003 active directory. Migrated Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 migrated enterprise from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL 2005. Implemented and maintained Microsoft SMS 2003 used to install software to all workstations. Used SMS 2003 to manage and maintain security patches and updates to servers and workstations. Migrated all Microsoft 2000 workstations to Microsoft XP Pro and some to Vista Enterprise. Migrated all of the Enterprise workstations from Microsoft Office 2000 and Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007 using Microsoft SMS Server. Worked to insure the enterprise was legal from a software licensing standpoint negotiated and managed Microsoft SA for company.
Designed, implemented and supported core, distribution and access layers for network using Cisco router, switches and firewall. Designed and implemented Cisco wireless LWAP for campus including four building and manufacturing facilities. Incorporated legacy phone system into Cisco VOIP environment. Designed disaster recovery plan for enterprise using Dell Servers and storage along with VMware to a warm off site location. Implemented and supported 8e6 appliance for web filtering. Deployed anti-virus software to all servers and workstations using Symantec Enterprise edition and migrated to Symantec End point or all workstations and servers. Deployed Symantec appliance for email spam and virus protection. Deployed Microsoft Server 2008 into production environment with Exchange 2007. Worked on migration plan and testing from SMS 2003 to Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Deployed and supported Cisco VPN for remote office and home users. Was tasked with putting in place project plans for all infrastructure and network projects. Implemented and maintained security video surveillance and physical security for all plants. Worked with Dell architecture for windows disaster recovery deployed Dell Equalogic on all server using VMware ESX.
Network / System Engineer
Supported Microsoft and UNIX environment. Provide phone support for end users of corporate network. Support Microsoft XP desktop systems and software used by clients. Provided desktop support for clients remotely install client software via Microsoft SMS. Maintained Active directory. Provided technical support for Microsoft Office, Exchange, Adobe, PowerPoint and Project. Enforced corporate security policies. Maintained RSA server for Securid. Support and troubleshoot issues with corporate network and servers
IT Facilities Manager
Designed and built three backup data centers in New York City, Dayton, Ohio and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Charged with standardization of cables, racks and physical security. Managed system controls for environments in raised floors and fire protection equipment in all three centers. Oversaw contractors and vendors across the United States for product delivery and installation of upgrades. Liaised between building, cabling and environmental contractors and upper management. Ensured project delivery on time and adjusted for issues that arose. Performed site surveys for twenty remote offices, ensuring standardized cable and rack installation. Researched, designed and implemented back office telephone system for 200 person call center.
Network Voice Manager
- Designed and managed projects, support and maintenance for data network and infrastructure servers. Negotiated contracts with vendors and managed relationships. Served as technical manager for network, voice and system engineers, and for hiring/employee reviews. Oversaw contract negotiations, work of contractors and network architects. Led team of CCIEs for enterprise network architecture, standardizing equipment and architecture. Designed and implemented enterprise data network for corporate data center, presenting, purchasing and deploying data/voice network infrastructure. Collaborated on Microsoft active directory and Microsoft Exchange deployment team and implemented Cisco VOIP for enterprise. Created network policies and procedures for enterprise and managed multiple projects and budgets for network and telephony. Documented network and telephony architecture.
- Reported directly to Vice-President and CIO for strategic projects.
- Implemented IP Telephony, replacing existing telephone system and standardized network equipment for enterprise, delivering system with 99.99 availability.
- Instrumental in deployment of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Citrix server for centralized project document repository.
- Setup London office on time and within budget, designing and implementing Microsoft network and managing all aspects of office deployment.
- Lead team for enterprise network upgrade and future data centers.
Systems Engineer / Network Architect
- As Microsoft Exchange system administrator, managed 35 production and development servers. Designed and implemented high-availability B2B network for startup dot com, restructuring and improving network and NT domain. Supported and managed corporate Intranet and Internet sites, ensuring network availability, resolving data communications issues and maintaining Compaq, 3COM and Cisco equipment. Developed and implemented security policies, purchasing and maintaining Webtrends Enterprise and Firewall auditing software, and deploying and managing Nokia firewall using Checkpoint firewall management software.
- Designed and implemented strategy for migration of Windows NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 domain structure.
- Instrumental in achieving ICSA certification for Web site
- Decreased network down time by 50 by designing and implementing network migration and system migration.
- Collaborated on the design and implementation of disaster recovery plan using Veritas software and DLT hardware, eliminating single points of failure in network and system architecture.
- Designed and deployed EMC solution for enterprise connected via WAN connection
- As Advanced Products NT System's Engineer stabilized system and performance in development multi-department, multi-vendor team of 300, maintaining records, producing bi-weekly reports and recommending system configurations. Researched, tested, recommended and purchased Webload tool for simulating user activity to measure performance and stability. Developed/implemented support tools and defined/tested network architecture, identifying problems, diagnosing causes and determining corrective actions for platform issues. Maintained and operated HP Server equipment.
- Chosen as the technical liaison between Reynolds Reynolds and Microsoft for project.
- Created and implemented various project plans. Developed and tested hardware and operating systems for future product line offering. Compiled, analyzed and presented benchmark data on UNIX operating systems hardware, Identifying problems, diagnosing causes and determining corrective actions. Responsible for defining system configurations for multi-market deployment. Maintained and operated NCR Tower, MIPS, Silicon Graphics, Specialix Terminal Servers, DIGI, and Sun equipment in a lab environment. Purchased and maintained rational software for system load generation. Delivered oral and written presentations for Product Managers, Developers and Executives.
- Consistently met or exceeded project goals.
Senior Systems Support Engineer
- Senior Support Engineer of Hardware and General System for support center of 400 supporting 5,000 automotive dealership customers. Consulted with clients to determine needs and priorities, identifying problems and instructing users on resolution. Created and presented classes in UNIX for support staff. Provided personalized 24X7 services to enterprise pager customers. Interviewed and hired tier 1 and tier 2 support staff, directing and managing staff of five full-time employees, distributing work assignments, monitoring daily logs, demonstrating effective leadership and encouraged team concepts. Maintained service report records and produced reports for senior management and departments. Liaised between support and development
- Presented with two quarterly awards for support and the Reynolds Reynolds Presidents Award of Excellence, the highest award presented to employees.
- Chosen as subject matter expert on Silicon Graphics Servers, Irix operating system and UNIX performance.