- Over 17 years of experience in the Information Technology field. I am a highly motivated Network Engineer with a solid background in complex network design, troubleshooting and management. I have excellent communication skills, in which
- I can interact with both end user and administrators alike. I currently hold the position of Senior Network Engineer, responsible for a multiple customer network, including firewalls, routers, switches and remote access.
- I have extensive experience in an Enterprise LAN/WAN environment, as well as Data Center design and migration. I can quickly adapt to any technology platform as required.
- Experience with various routing protocols to include BGP, RIP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Installation of a global MPLS network using a mix of T1, E1, DS3, IMA, and Ethernet circuits.
- Configuration of internal TACACS and Radius authentication services.
- Implementation of Infoblox appliances for business critical services of DHCP, DNS and IP Address Management features.
- Installation of a companywide wan optimization system to reduce location bandwidth requirements using Riverbed Steelheads and Interceptors.
- Network monitoring with tools including Solar Winds Orion, MRTG, and Cacti.
- Design of geographically load balanced DNS services using F5 Global Traffic Managers.
- SSL VPN access using Juniper Secure Access appliances and Cisco AnyConnect
- Site to Site VPN tunnels originating from Cisco firewalls and routers.
- Design of firewall failover configuration using policy based routing to advertise a default route to the local network, but redirecting to MPLS in the event of a failed health monitor.
Senior Network Engineer
- Advise and support of clients with network engineering issues.
- Establishment of internal networking environment and connectivity to various customer networks for management and monitoring purposes.
- Provide technical documentation and solution delivery to clients and peers.
- Technology research to enhance engineering functionality and knowledge base.
- Develop client network proposal, designs, and assist in implementation and improvements.
Lead Network Architect
- Network lead on a global IT overhaul to include the reduction of 17 company data centers into two large US based data centers to support SAP and additional required virtualized applications. Projected to reduce current Enterprise Information Technology yearly spend by 65% in redundant expenses.
- Company wide deployment of local Internet connections at all company sites using Palo Alto firewalls to support cloud based application access.
- Manage a network of over 3500 network devices serving around 200 company locations.
- Converted US MPLS network to AVPN from IPFR for an annual savings of around $600,000.
- Completed design and build out of an internal Web Hosting data center, currently hosting around 850 public facing websites.
- Designed network project plan for transition of our AT&T hosted E - Business data center to a new in house data center that was recently completed saving over $30,000 per month initially.
- Design and configuration of PCI compliant web hosting data centers in San Jose, CA and London, UK to support the sale of online postage for the French post office.
- Installation of multiple gigabit internet circuits using diverse paths from our main enterprise data center to geographically diverse carrier locations.
- Installation of Cisco access points as both Autonomous and lightweight configurations with Cisco Wireless controllers.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of various circuit types including T1, E1, DS3, ATM, IMA, Metro Ethernet, ISDN, PRI, and DSL.
- Designed external intelligent DNS load balancing system using F5 Global Traffic Managers to provide geographical based name resolution for consumer facing websites and employee remote access. Converted system to Neustar Inc. DNS service for additional cost savings.
- Configuration of services including Bind, Exchange, IIS, Apache, SQL, TACACS and Radius.
- Design and deployment of extensive Quality of Service policy to all routers worldwide to classify traffic and give preferential treatment in the event of network congestion
- Netflow monitoring to assure fast, reliable communications between all network nodes.
- Global deployment of Riverbed Wan optimizers for server consolidation, achieving an average of 90% traffic reduction on existing WAN links.
- Juniper IVE SSL VPN appliances for secure remote access located at various entry points, using a common URL that is geographically load balanced using F5 Global Traffic Managers.
- Cisco 3000 VPN and ASA 5500 firewalls at multiple global network entry points to provide IPSEC remote access to end users.
- Cisco AnyConnect secure mobile solution implementation to provide secure remote access using SSL.
- Design of redundant SAP data centers based on requirements from SAP basis team including load balanced DS3 WAN links.
- Designed extensive Video Conferencing infrastructure that utilized Polycom HDX cameras, CMA 5000 Gatekeeper, RMX 2000 Video Bridge, RSS 2000 recorder and V2IU video firewall
- Bluecoat, Websense and Surf Control web proxies for Internet usage monitoring.
- IPSEC Site to Site VPN tunnel design and support for home and 3rd party connections.
- Windows 2008 Media Server management, including video production and editing.
- Cisco 871 through ASR1002 routers upgrades and configuration.
- Cisco 2950, 3560G, 4948 and 6500 switches.
- Supported two recently retired IBM mainframes, multiple AS400 with an offsite hot backup AS400 cluster within another internal company data center.
- Solar Winds Orion, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, MRTG and Cacti for network monitoring.
- Developed a network recovery plan, and have participated numerous tests in which entire network and appropriate services are required within 4 hours successfully.
- Created extensive network documentation including detailed Visio drawings and step by step instructions on network design and recovery.
- Evaluation of existing site design and recommendation of replacements or upgrades.
- Design of extensive access lists on Firewalls and routers to provide security and the prevention of IP based threats.
- Identified security breaches and implemented countermeasures to prevent further exposure.
- Company wide Cisco ASA conversion from existing PIX series firewalls.
- Initiated project to install high capacity Internet connections at each office location globally using Palo Alto Networks Layer 7 firewalls in a highly redundant design providing policy based failover back onto the MPLS network to ensure continual access to resources.
Confidential, Austin, TX
IT Help Desk Technician
- Helpdesk Technician offering Tier 3 support for a global Internet software company
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems to ensure employee productivity
- Respond to and resolve requests received via telephone, intranet tracking system and email
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide accurate solutions to customers
- Develop and provide technical coaching and mentoring to other employees
- Creation of user accounts, email accounts in both Exchange and UNIX systems.
- End user support on Cisco VPN 3000 concentrators and AT&T Global Dialer
- Network monitoring with tools including WhatsUp Gold, MRTG and IP Sentry.
- Active monitoring of file and web servers, exchange message queue, LAN and WAN link usage
- Troubleshooting and creation of custom routing solutions for users to connect to the internal network using various Internet connections to include vendor networks, cable modems, DSL and satellite
Network Administrator/System Engineer
- Design of an aircraft transportable data center that included rack layout, and installation and configuration of all network equipment
- Managed the installation of Hewlett Packard LH3 servers, Cisco 3800 routers, Xylan switches and hubs.
- Server maintenance, including backups, tape restores patches, upgrades and virus protection.
- Network and server monitoring using various tools to include: HP Open View, Session Wall 3, and Xylan X-Vision.
- Provided detailed documentation as to installation and recovery procedures.
- Installation of Satellite uplinks for relaying voice and data communications.
- Provided all IT services for Camp Bondsteel, including configuring and maintaining Lucent Definity phone switches, Ethernet and fiber optic lines, providing network access utilizing both unencrypted and encrypted data communication
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes