Summary of Qualifications:
- 8 years experience with networks including troubleshooting and implementing Cisco equipment with active CCNP.
- Experience with network security Checkpoint, NetScreen, SideWinder, PIX/ASA, VPN and IDS. CCSP en route 3/5 completed . Certified IPS and PIX specialist.
- 7 years working in Unix/Linux, Windows Exchange 2003,2007/Active Directory, VMWare. MCSE Certified.
Senior Network and Systems Engineer
- Technical account manager and point of contact for several key web hosted customers. Team lead for all network and security projects/issues. Designed, implemented, and maintained most robust network for customers which included Disaster Recovery, Load Balancing, Multihoming BGP , VPN IPSec , Firewalls, Server Virtualization, Intrusion Detection Sensor, Layer2, Server Clustering, DNS, Tape Backup and Monitoring elements.
- Management of security for different customer production network. Administer enterprise-level Checkpoint/Nokia, PIX, SonicWall, Juniper Netscreen firewalls in a Window/UNIX environment. Responsible for maintenance of host-based IDS/IPS from multiple vendors in network. Manage security policy throughout customer network. Set up and manage customer site-to-site VPN and remote user VPN.
- Conducted various security tasks such as vulnerability scanning, security policy auditing, assessment and reacting to intrusive probes and tweaking of firewalls and IDS/IPS to prevent attackers from government network.
- Maintained and supported current customer network running on Cisco router and switches. Administer connectivity between multiple field offices in a hub and spoke architecture over Verizon's VBNS network. Implemented and monitored customer network over Nagios.
- System administrative duties which includes patching, service troubleshooting, and monitoring of HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, VMWARE and windows servers. Supported Microsoft Windows server 2000/2003, Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007, LDAP, and DNS. Implementation of Veritas NetBackup. Administration of existing Legato/EMC, NetVault tape library and daily backups.
- Installed and managed anti-spam appliances and software for customers. Elements included SMTP, DNS MX Record Management , LDAP, VMWare, and various Mail Servers.
- Worked for Tier 2 ISP providing IP service to customers world-wide via satellite. IP over RF . Implemented and supported Cisco routers, switches, DVB equipment. Experience with BGP, OSPF, HSRP, RIP, and VLANs. Configured, troubleshot, and maintained the production network.
- Supported 7x24x365 operations center and serviced more than 200 clients around the globe. Implemented and troubleshot Points of Presence PoPs or customer premises of remote ISPs connected to the global Internet backbone via satellite. Extensive issues related to BGP, Frame Relay and load balancing.
- Worked with various backbone ISP's Sprint, UUNet, AboveNet to maintain and modify existing internal network. Load balanced internal network during critical events to minimize impact to customers.
- Maintained and supported specific IP-over-RF related products such as Skystream DVB, Shiron, IDirect, and Newtec.
- Team lead for South American customers providing Spanish language support. Maintained and supported 50 separate active sites throughout South American and the Caribbean.
Technical Support Engineer
- Resolved IP network problems such as high latency, packet loss, link down, and routing issues. Worked with customer for on-site installation, training, in addition to support where the products were highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Isolated and solved SS7 signaling issues, call routing failures, data storage problems.
- Provided hardware and software support for all Glenayre products to small and large telecom companies T-mobile, Nextel, COX, etc. . Troubleshooting included Red Hat Linux, Cisco switches and routers RAID storage units, large scale messaging equipment, Sun Solaris equipment, terminal server. Responded to problems to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Designed and implemented scripts in Linux, C , and mySQL to automate various tasks such as data collection and logging, system wide configuration change, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Hardware Systems Engineer
- Responsible for the selection, design, prototyping and testing of telecom, signaling, networking, messaging and power distribution hardware used for Glenayre products. Setup, integrated and configured various hardware into rack systems and enclosures to be sold as a product. Performed product evaluation and design assessment to pass various compliance regulations and certifications. NEBS, Safety, EMC/EMI, FCC, UL .
- Designed and implemented signal-cabling solutions for routing and connectivity between various products. SCSI, DB-Type, Fiber Systems, Modular . Also created various DC power distribution systems including all components, packaging, cable routing, and mechanism for telecommunication environment cabinet.