- A Network Engineering Professional with 8 years of experience in network design, implementation, troubleshooting and managing of large-scale enterprise networks.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers.
- Extensively worked on Cisco catalyst 6509 and implemented VSS along with VDC and VPC on Nexus 5505, 7009 switches.
- Comprehensive expertise in the implementation of optimization, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Expertise in Configuration of Virtual Local Area Networks VLANS using Cisco routers and multi-layer Switches and supporting STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST along with trouble shooting of inter-VLAN routing and VLAN trunking using 802.1Q.
- Proficiency in configuring, deploying and troubleshooting of routing protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and Policy routing over Cisco Routers.
- Implemented redundancy with HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, Ether channel technology LACP, PAgP etc.
- Proficiently implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Route Maps and route manipulation using Offset-list.
- Hands on experience in deployment of GRE tunneling, SSL, Site-Site IPSEC VPN and DMVPN.
- Managed inventory of all network hardware, Management and Monitoring by use of SSH, Syslog, SNMP, NTP.
- Network security including Telnet, ASDM, NAT/PAT, ACLs, AAA, ASA and SRX Firewalls.
- Worked on Juniper NSM netscreen and CLI.
- Thorough understanding in implementing and configuring F5 Big-IP LTM load balancers.
- Worked on T1/E1/T3 technologies and different LAN WAN technologies.
- FTP, DNS, TFTP and DHCP configuration and setup.
- Performed professional level documentation using Visio diagrams.
- Good knowledge in configuring Cisco Wireless Networks: LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Cisco Routers: 2600, 2900, 3600, 3800, 7200 and 7600
- Cisco L2 L3 Switches: 2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500, Nexus 5K/7K
- LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Light weight access point, WLC.
- WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC, E1/T1/E3T3 , DS3, OC192.
- Network Security: Cisco ASA, ACL, IPSEC, Juniper SRX.
- OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows 2000/2003/2008, XP , UNIX, LINUX.
- Routing Protocols: RIP v1/v2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.
- Gateway Load Balancing: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Various Features / Services: IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP.
- Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works, Ethereal, SNMP, HP open view, Ethereal
- Security Server Protocols: TACACS , RADIUS
- Facilities: DS0, DS1, DS3, OCX, T1/T3
- Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, F5 Networks Big-IP LTM 8900, Cisco ACE 4710.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, Windows 7 , Linux
- Involved in complete LAN, WAN development including IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, troubleshooting etc.
- Involved in Switching technology Administration for enterprise, campus data center segments, including but not limited to Port security, Trunking, RPVST , Inter-VLAN routing, Pruning and switch fabric migration.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on Cisco 7600 Routers connected to WAN.
- Worked with Cisco Layer 3 switches 3750, 4500, 6500 Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000, 6000 and 7000 in multi VLAN, multi-Zone environment and as part of DC fabric remediation/refresh project, deployed Cisco Nexus switches and implemented features like FEX Links, VPC, VDC, OTV Fabric Path.
- Configured 3750 switch stacks.
- Involved in troubleshooting of routing protocols like EIGRP and BGP.
- Worked on implementation of IPSEC VPN and DMVPN.
- Configured routing policy to perform route manipulation and filtering.
- Used DHCP to automatically assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients via Infoblox IPAM.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Implemented GRE tunneling Site-to Site VPN between two branch offices and also SSL VPN for user's connecting from various locations.
- Worked on ACE troubleshooting in ASA 5510/5520 firewalls configuration and Implementation for the network.
- Implemented rules on Juniper SRX 550 at the server farm.
- Experience in Juniper NSM netscreen and CLI.
- Worked on documentation to create Visio diagrams using MS Visio
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability.
- Worked on F5 and CSM load balancers deploying many load balancing techniques with multiple components for efficient performance.
Role: Network Support Engineer
- Responsible for implementing, engineering, level 2 support of existing network technologies / services integration of new network technologies / services.
- Worked on 2600, 3500, 7613 Router and 4500 and 6500 switches.
- Configured and managed Cisco access layer routers and switches.
- Major contribution in improving OSPF convergence by controlling SPF algorithm and LSA/SPF throttling in the WAN infrastructure.
- Tested various BGP attributes like local preference, MED, Weight and replicated customer issues in the testing environment lab.
- Designed WAN structure to prevent single point of failure in case of link failure.
- Configured PVSTP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Implemented port aggregation link negotiation using LACP and PAGP.
- Involved in design, implementation and configuration of HSRP for load balancing on L3 switches on different location of office on the switched Network.
- Configured and deployed BIG-IP LTM 8900 for providing application redundancy and load balancing.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco's VPN client via IPSEC.
- Troubleshooting issues and outages on Trunks and Router interfaces and firewalls extensively.
- Involved in operations and administration of WAN consisting Ethernet Handoffs, T1, DS3, and Optic Fiber Handoffs.
- Technical assistance for LAN/WAN management and complex customer issues.
- Provided support for troubleshooting and resolving Customer and user reported issues.
- Worked with Network Engineer's in the installation and configuration of firewalls.
- Performed route redistribution manipulated route updates using distribute lists, route-maps administrative distance, offset-lists.
Role: Networking Engineer
- Configured 2600, 2900 and 3600 routers with RIP and EIGRP.
- Implemented VTP and trunking protocols like 802.1q and ISL on cat 3560, 3750 and 4500 switches.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network ISDN, Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP .
- Configuration of Access List ACL Std., Ext, Named to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Providing Network and Security Architecture and Operations support services for Windows 2008 based web, application and database servers.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP problems troubleshoot connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet, Environment.