Objective: To obtain a Network/Systems Administrator or a business support/technical consultant position where I can utilize my vast knowledge and experience as well as outgoing personality. Skills: I possess fifteen years of experience performing support, design and analysis of computer network systems in a large enterprise environment. My specialty is to provide highly sophisticated technical solutions that are practical and essential for end users.
Application support, deployment, and maintenance Network management and troubleshooting Novell and Windows Help desk administration, call center operations PC hardware and software support Database administration and client support Information systems planning, analysis, design and maintenance
Design and installation of small Ethernet networks LAN/WAN management, TCP/IP, DHCP configurations Extensive experience with ISP's and remote connectivity Extensive experience with hardware, device drivers, repair and deployment Network backup and restores operation server rebuilds Some experience with firewall configurations, network routers, switches and hubs.
Operating Systems/Systems Administration:
Microsoft: DOS, Windows 3.11 Windows NT NT Server 3.51-4.0, Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP/2003, Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 Enterprise Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 MS Outlook 2000 2010 Active Directory Administration PC Anywhere Terminal Server. Remote Desktop TightVNC TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS Novell Netware 4.x to 5.x Symantec Ghost 7.0 Palindrome Backup Suite Veritas Backup Exec 8 - 10 SQL Server 6.5/ 2005 working knowledge MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000/2003/2007 MS Internet Information Server 5-8 VB scripting working knowledge Acronis True Image
Internet / Intranet / Extranet Development:
MS Office Professional 4.3 2003/2007/2010 MS PowerPoint MS Visio 2000/2003 MS Publisher
Visual Basic 3.0 6.0 VB.NET working knowledge VB Scripts and ASP.NET
- Provided conceptual advice on Windows Azure and Hyper-V technologies to be implemented in the future
- Provided system support to small businesses and previous work associates on as needed basis
- Performed all Windows System administration duties in AD for various clients
- Purchased, setup and configured PCs with Windows 7 and transferred setting from old systems
- Advised clients on equipment purchases and set up equipment for clients.
- Setup additional servers in client environment Windows Server 2008, 2012 , updated web server with client files as requested, and maintained the server updates and anti-virus files
- Prepared and restored BYOD devices and setup for company email, apps etc.
- Installed wireless routers, wireless cameras, high gain antennas, run wires and other equipment as per client needs
- Setup client's numerous email POP accounts with Outlook 2007/2010, migrated PST files over 2GB and explained email backup solutions
- Worked on a 3 month contract at Gen-Probe Diagnostic Stamford, CT to help with software application migration troubleshooting SQL server issues and VB.NET application exception errors
- Supported over 800 users in numerous locations prioritizing requests based on resource availability and degree of importance logging tickets into tracking application
- Performed Active Directory Administration creating all user accounts and Microsoft Exchange administration email accounts, distribution lists, storage limits
- Imaged machines using SCCM as well as Symantec Ghost and pushed all desktop updates and encrypted laptops using WinMagic server encryption
- Worked on the project to lower the MS Exchange load by archiving users mailboxes and worked with high profile users mentoring about email retention policies and Barracuda-Archiver application
- Worked on the project to match and delete old accounts in Elite to prepare the company for the IT audit
- Monitored server space in Exchange and AD and managed to unload large files to other storage media
- Cleanup and rearranged server room, cabling and other equipment, troubleshoot CAT5 connectivity issues, jacks, wireless access points, occasionally setup Blackberries and other phones for clients
- Contacted vendors and coordinated to fix Ricoh/Canon Copiers, toners and IP telephones
- Monitored the company website and worked on the webserver deployment IIS 6
- Researched new venues and solution to lower the cost of software licensing and improve the overall user experience
- Supported company's 4 site computer network and Panasonic IP Hybrid phone system
- Setup and configured users in Active Directory and set new computers as well as DNA Mail accounts for Outlook 2007 and other internal system accounts
- Upgraded Windows 2000 domain controller servers in AD to Windows 2003 and migrated data, swapped server HD, memory, and other components.
- Supported MS Exchange system migration to MS Outlook 2007 DNA mail outside vendor and transferred old/missing/misplaced emails to PST files for users companywide
- Reconfigured old MS Exchange 2003 server and pulled old email for users who left company to Outlook 2007 and gave access/permissions to other users as requested with shared mailboxes
- Configured Konica Minolta printers C250 and C253 for network printing and scanning
- Researched and purchased other printers and equipment as per user needs and configured according to specifications Blackberry, iPhones, webcams, Panasonic Network Cam etc.
- Completely managed a project to setup a new office site, obtained Comcast cable, Verizon lines, configured SonicWall Pro 4020 and managed the Phone vendors to integrate IP phone system into the network
- Managed online backups using Sinar software and disk-to-disk backups
- Setup the SAGE Timberline server replacement on new DELL 2095 server and performed the migration process
- Researched, purchased a Dell VMware server, configured and setup 3 virtual machines as per development team request
- Created a VPN solution utilizing SonicWall VPN Client
- Worked with applications interoperatibility issue with Windows Vista x64, x32 and XP
- Managed all IT purchases and relationships with outside vendors
Field Network Technician
- Trained in NYC supporting multitude of clients exclusively in Hedge Fund industry worked on project migrating hedge fund sites
- Assigned as a CSA for hedge funds in Greenwich and Stamford, CT as a primary system admin
- Setup a new Blackberry server and integrated it with MS Exchange 2003 server and configured all GreatPoint hedge fund users' blackberries/pda's for use with a new server
- Supported, installed and configured Redi Plus, Bloomberg multiuser, Advent Axys, Blackberry devices
- Troubleshoot Outlook 2007 email access and MS Exchange 2003 server issues in a fast paced financial environment
- Installed, configured servers and worked with outside vendors EZE Castle
- Perform routine server maintenance as per client's system specs.
- Installed trader's workstations, multiple monitors and other necessary equipment.
- Supported and installed Avaya IP phones
- Installed and configured numerous Wireless Sprint and Cingular air cards in laptops
- Racked servers and burned new server installs, installed tape drives and performed cable management
- Assisted in different client's outages and troubleshoot network issues with outside vendors
- Performed trade floor support in a fast paced environment
- Supported MS Exchange, migrated users, managed mailboxes, and performed space management
- Swapped traders PC systems reinstalling all applications as per firm requirements working in a fast paced environment with little or no supervision/guidance.
System Administrator/Intel Services
- Monitored Peregrine que for new network infrastructure tickets
- Performed server maintenance in the Server rooms encompassing more than 300 servers in 4 locations across Westchester County, NY.
- Performed Space Management activities for users in Novell environment
- Created User Accounts and Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 and AD environment
- Cleaned up numerous double/old accounts within Novell and Active Directory
Network Administrator/Application Support
- Worked on two projects split evenly 20hrs / 20hrs: 1.WTC Security System and 2. Zen 6.5 Remediation
- Audited and documented the WTC Badge ID Security system in terms of computer security
- Installed configured VPN between WTC trailer and 115 Broadway Office Building on SonicWall TZ170
- Documented the entire WTC Badge Security System consisting of 4 servers, 10 workstations, 6 printers, 5 cameras and numerous symbol readers.
- Provided guidance for WTC system administrators for day-to-day administration of systems
- Configured Retrospect Backups and tested them
- Space Management and Performance Tuning
- Remediated numerous PCs on the client side to latest version of Zen 6.5 and Patchlink
- Verified application packages for proper deployment
Family Europe Trip - Poland, Germany
- Provided network/system support to all onsite executives and 2 other remote sites
- Engineered the Ghost Solution Suite images for Dell Gx240, Gx280, IBM T21, T22, T42, and T43 laptops using Sysprep and Windows XP
- Assisted in MS Exchange 2003 server setup and migration from Lotus Notes environment
- Build Windows 2003 Servers to client specifications IBM xSeries336, x346, x340, x335
- Rewired the server room installing and configuring new HP ProCurve Switch 4180GL
- Rebuilt the server rack with proper rack mounts, UPC configuration, and electrical req.
- Implemented Veritas Backup Exec system backing up to ExaByte 7 tape robotic tape library
- Built and configured numerous desktop laptop systems for new employees utilizing latest Ghost imaging technology
- Deployed all onsite client PCs to Active Directory abandoning Netware
- Reengineered Accounting desktop system build utilizing new apps FRX 6.7, Crystal Reports, Pervasive SQL
- Upgraded ADP Payroll Server to new version and deployed client software to HR Dept
- Provided network/system support to all onsite 80 users and 12 remote sites with a total of 350 users across United States.
- Administered Exchange 2000 server in an Active Directory environment.
- Supported Company specific applications: Avante and MAS 200 Sage
- Setup and administered WIN2K servers in Active Directory Environment
- Responsible for companywide virus protection using Norton Antivirus console.
- Performed daily backups using Veritas BackupExec
- Setup and configured Exchange 2000 server for 350 active users.
- Setup and configured SurfControl Spam filter plug-in for Exchange 2000 server
- Performed light UNIX administration AIX
- Coordinated T1 line support for 12 remote sites interacting with MCI, Sprint and other providers.
- Acted as a liaison between users and outside consultants Epicor
- Administered ASP.NET web based application ASI ACCESS
Systems Analyst Corporate Treasury System
- Provided system assistance to corporate users in a fast paced, extremely demanding environment.
- Supported trade floor systems and applications.
- Installed/setup and supported Reuters, Bloomberg, FxExpress, Hummingbird Exceed, Blackberry PDAs.
- Modified scripts for the treasury intranet pages and maintained IIS.
- Supported and trained MS Office 2000 Suite including advanced functions.
- Configured network printers and setup network scanning on printers.
- Configured and supported ODBC connections for Oracle, Sybase databases and Atom application.
- Developed and maintained Windows 2000 login script using Kixstart.
- Assisted in Windows 2000 Advanced Compaq Prolinea server builds and configurations and server hardware upgrades.
- Migrated users from Exchange 5.5 to E2K on the client side and interfaced with the E2K server team regarding problems and solutions.
- Supported and installed G/L application Recon 6
- Performed light Solaris administration and system setup
- Performed updates to the intranet websites and modified simple PERL scripts
Windows 2000 Deployment Engineer
- Assisted in Windows 2000 Norton Ghost images creation for new systems
- Setup, configured and deployed 180 laptops IBM T22 and 85 desktops Dell OptiPlex GX150 with Windows 2000 OS to newly acquired business sub-unit Heller
- Upgraded numerous older PCs from Windows NT 4.0/98 to Windows 2000 preserving settings and data.
- Coordinated new systems delivery, client data migration and final setup
- Installed and supported GE in-house applications Siebel, Oracle client, Fiberlink
- Advised end-users on workarounds regarding WIN2000 incompatible applications.
- Interfaced with the development team regarding APIs compatibilities.
- Performed remote server administration using PC Anywhere 8.0
- Assisted in writing WINSTALL scripts for automatic software delivery
- Assisted in mail accounts creation and migration Exchange 5.5 to 2000
Systems Administrator Advanced
- Provided second level support for local area network LAN , and wide area network WAN solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms.
- Developed system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available EDS and supplier capabilities.
- Established and maintained security and integrity standards and controls.
- Responsible for setting up a variety of new computer systems with Windows NT 4.0 operating systems.
- Supported senior level personnel VIP , supported home systems of Xerox CEO.
- Supported Reuters and Bloomberg applications for senior level executives.
- Interfaced with vendors to troubleshoot market data links across the WAN.
- Kept and managed database of Bloomberg users and transferred software licenses.
- Advised in technicalities of report generation with market data feeds into Excel.
- Responsible for setting up Novell and NT domain accounts for new and existing users.
- Assisted in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer needs.
- Analyzed user requirements and statistics to identify trends in order to resolve performance issues.
- Supported MS Office 97 Suite, MS Outlook, Label Maker and other applications.
- Worked on the extensive project migrating 600 users from Windows 3.11 environment to Windows NT 4.0
- Performed network backup and restores using Palindorme Backup package.
- Troubleshoot Cisco 5500 router and Windows NT Exchange Server
- Assisted at a project 2months at NASDAQ Trumbull, CT supporting Windows 2000 deployment to enterprise clients and helped with backlogged trouble tickets.
- Workstation administration and End user support
- Help desk duties and User mentoring and training
- Mainframe support and Server maintenance Disaster recovery operations
- Telecommunications support coordination
- New product design and testing Asset management Introduced new systems and software
- Developed many innovative solutions to common workplace problems
- Supported a system for remote connectivity for a 70 member sales force
- Connected numerous new network printers to the network
- Tested many new applications and server components
- Provided end user training for third party and in-house software
Technical Analyst/ Help Desk
- Configured and setup desktop and laptop computers for network connections
- Installed variety of software in the network environment Novell 3.26
- Assisted in development of methodologies for internet development
- Maintained database of user's calls and equipment Vantive
- Remotely solved various system problems through Desktop Manager
- Setup Solaris workstations and performed light installs
- Occasionally provided 3rd level phone support
- Re-organized and updated software automating numerous tasks
- Performed spreadsheet analyses Lotus 1-2-3 R4.0
- Created marketing presentations based on generated results PageMaker 5.0
- Inserted data into SAS package
- Trained and tutored in new versions of software.