- Highly motivated, solution-focused and experienced professional with strong technology and data management skills. 10 year record of achievement and demonstrated success providing hands on technical expertise. Have outstanding troubleshooting and solid presentation skills, and the ability to clearly communicate technical subjects. Experienced in architecting solutions, designing applications and infrastructure, developing, implementing, and supporting, tuning,
- optimizing current and new technologies as a group lead role as well as an individual contributor and mentoring.
- Install hardware/configure/troubleshoot AIX, Solaris,Linux, HP-UX, Network devices
- Install/configure Veritas - VxFS, VxVM,VCS, HA, Storage Foundation, VMware, Linux P2V
- Shell Scripting korn, grep sed awk , Perl, HTML Linux, Apache/Tomcat, Oracle, SQL
- Install hardware/configure Cisco network devices, SAN, Solaris2.6-10, Monitoring tools
- DataCenter Builds Migrations, Program Intregration/Development, Capacity planning, Security hardening Standard, ITIL Audits DR/HA. IPLC
- Process Management associated with hosted environments VAN and Managed Services
- Development of Policy Procedures Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures
- Project Management, MS Office, WebEx, Sharepoint integration, Maintenance Windows
Sr. UNIX Systems Integrator Consultant
- Remote Unix Systems Intergrator SI for HP-UX, Solaris and Linux platforms within the datacenters.
- Support of over 250 servers with a high performance clustering environment.
- Primary UNIX SI support of major sub-functions for Security and Network Tools Group.
- Provide support for numerous servers within Boeing's high performance environments.
- Help drive activities, investigate, updates/design/planning/datacenter and server migrations.
- Perform Sox controls and activities to bring systems into Compliance..
Sr. Systems Administrator Consultant
- Member of Unix Systems Hosting/Client Services for the IT group. Perform cross-platform AIX/Linux/HP-UX/SUN server deployment tasks and work towards acceptance and certification as needed.
- Promoted to Linux Resource Manager on server deployment team for U.S. data centers.
- Also, served as backup Resource Manager for HP-UX deployment as needed.
- As a member of Linux HP Deployment teams, responsible for overall server builds for testing, development and production environments in the U.S. data centers.
- Helped develop/implement build requirements documentation and check scripts and auditing.
- Work concurrently with project management office in participation towards Sever Deployment and Acceptance per the Architectual Blueprints.
Sr. Systems Administrator Consultant
- Datacenter Operations team, break/fix, diagnostics, configuration for HP-UX, RHEL, Solaris Windows servers hosting applications for CFA stores and Corporate office.
- Add/remove/replace components / subcomponents / peripherals, hard drive swaps/cpu/memory, general servicing, inventory and NetBackups, .
- Datacenter Build/Migrations Virtual/Physical , install HW/SW OS, Inventory Control.
- Perform file system configuration and updates also enterprise architecture integration at the application and data level for PROD/DEV/ STAGE.
- Regular database builds for New Stores, Retrofits and Rebuilds, Sybase/MS SQL server
- Work to develop standard operational procedures SOP for datacenter activities. Created Runbook/Runlogs and Wiki site for Ops team.
- Setup and supported developer environments for Oracle JBOSS applications.
- Used VMWare, Netbackup, Monitor/configure HP-SIM/NetIQ/NetIQ, On-call support.
- Work to develop the Network Operations Center NOC and workflow procedures for the team, Server Deployment Disposition procedures Disaster Recovery.
- Performed Audits, developed remediation tasks and generated daily reporting from existing monitoring. Also identified process gaps and worked to automate some existing processes.
- Perform monthly Production/Staging Refresh, Patch Management and Scheduling, User support..
Production Systems Manager
- Hired as Senior Unix System Administrator for /Solaris Linux servers at the corporate datacenter. Also responsible for all HP-UX db servers.
- In a NetOps team Lead role, I was responsible supporting the company's core production systems running on the Multi Enterprise Services Hub MESH . My tasks included datacenter builds migrations. Designed managed/moderated production systems includeing Request management, Code Push Maintenance Windows , Incident Management, Change Control, Monitoring Internal Systems Operations, ITIL Audits, Disaster Recovery.
- Lead role on architect design team responsible for migrating the Richmond.CA. datacenter to the Tier 4 datacenter in Lithia Springs, GA. 100 uptime/MESH platform This included virtualization utilizing of VMware Solaris zones containers. 8/09-12/09. Migration included HP-UX, Linux, Sun and AIX servers.
- Was responsible for review/approval of all changes, code push, also ran the maintenance windows to implement.
- Lead role on architect design team responsible for the build-out of a Tier 4 data center to support the Dell contract which was this largest single business community management engagement for this space of any company. Austin, TX. 9/08-2/09.
- Successfully adopted/integrated maintained ITIL Standards and passed all SAS70 Audits
- Initially hired as the Sr System Admin responsible for the administration of Production SUN servers Primary on-call 24x7 in the datacenter Lennox Park Atlanta GA.
- Promoted 2002 to Production Systems Coordinator for Management of Production servers
- As part of NetOps, I facilitated the buildouts necessary to support trading partner applications from multiple acquisition s .
- Designed and managed Web Portals for Datacenter Migrations, Change Control, Incident Management, Code pushes, and Maintenance Windows.
- Managed review/approved/test changes installs updates to the Solaris OS, including Veritas clustering config, Netbackups, tools/scripts, performance monitoring. Currently running OS for Solaris, RHEL HP-UX.
- Established Patch Strategy Team for Inovis's UNIX/WIN Network environments.
- Work included install/config of Veritas RAID0 1, 0 1, NetBackups, tools/scripts, performance monitoring, SMTP, sendmail, SUSE, network services, users/groups, EDI setup
- Received monetary bonus for datacenter tier migrations.
- As Seibel CRM Build UAT member, developed the initial problem knowledge base and incorporated change control.
- On-Call Primary for Problems/Incidents as 7x24 Sev1 issues. Also root cause analysis RCA .
- Trained Incident Manager s and established CCB change control board , developed SMEs
UNIX System Admin Consultant
- In a role of Solutions Architect performed various duties from defining UNIX solution, preparing getting approval for the solution through architectural review, designed architectural components and assisted the implementation of technical design while coordinating and communicating with the Business, Project Management Office, Infrastructure and Development teams.
- Provided technical design and prepared various documentation for architectural design and technical specifications for customer datacenter build-out and maintenance.
- Assigned as Lead UNIX Admin on IT Infrastructure team worked to create, design, construct and implement all technical infrastructure requirements for the customer named CBEYOND Communications datacenter build Atlanta, GA., also provided customer knowledge transfer at project end.
- Designed architecture and file system layout and generated all associated documentation required for Datacenter build of the Staging, Production High Availibilty HA Clustering and DR environments.
- Prepared quotations, installed hardware and configured the OS on and all 60 SUN servers running OS Solaris2.8 .
- Installed and configured Veritas RAID 0 1, 0 1, also provided Seibel, Vitria, Daleen Oracle UNIX configurations and support
- Performed troubleshooting, break/fix, diagnostics, configuration, add/remove/replace components / subcomponents / peripherals, swamp out hard drives/cpu, maintenance and general servicing.
Technical Service Consultant
- Sole UNIX Linux/Solaris/HP-UX Administrator on build team for the Atlanta ROC Remote Operations Center where I completed the successful rollout of 75 servers in a 45 day period.
- Core HP-UX 9000 support for the Southern Company customer Security Audits
- Built all systems out of the box and configured into Sprint's nationwide network.
- Maintained all hardware as well as break/fix, troubleshooting, diagnostics, configuration, add/remove/replace components / subcomponents / peripherals, swamp out hard drives, servicing, remote access, maintenance and diagnostics.
- Designed file system layout clustering VxFS,VxVM 2.X/RAID5 , HA NetBackups, Legato, StorageTek, supported HP Openview, Tivoli, ran ASET.
- Successful completion of Disaster Recovery Plan and replication for y2k preparation team
Network and System Admin/Sr. Civil Designer
- Set-up managed the Systems and Network devices for the Engineering Design group, became very profitable.
- Specified/purchased/Installed all equipment UNIXOS4.x thru Solaris2.6
- Installed StorEdge VxFS/VxVm3.0.1/RAID5, performance monitoring, backups, NIS, NFS/RFS, PCNFS, TC/IP, designed Distributed and Client-Server models, WAN intergration
- Created network solutions for sharing files devices between UNIX, Win95/NT, Mac, OS2
- Trained others in CADD GIS applications including MicroSta95, AutoCad workstations, print services, also provided personnel and project management.