- To utilize 25 years of Network Security Administration performing in high tempo environments by adding precise expertise and assertive work habits. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance TS/SCI , Counter Intelligence CI Polygraph. 24 years of Department of Defense experience as an Information Systems Technician/Engineer. Cyber security, intrusion detection, network security analyst, and information assurance manager expert with 18 years of hands on experience in test evaluation, software code checking, security policy, operational requirements, system security, information assurance IA and system requirements processes, procedures, DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides STIGs , certification, scanning, performance metrics and life cycle management.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process DIACAP , Intelligence Community Directive 503 ICD 503 , DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/3 DCID 6/3, Security Technical Implementation Guide STIG , National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST 800-53 . Experienced in monitoring and implementing IDS and IPS Cyber network security tools, such as Wire Shark, Arcsight, CENTAUR, HBSS, Retina, What's Up Gold and Solar Winds .
- Vast understanding of Network Infrastructure to include, but not limited to F5 Load Balancers, Riverbeds, SANs, KG-250s, Fastlanes, Taclanes, KIV-7s, Catalyst Switches, Cisco Routers, Video/Audio Teleconferencing, Cisco and AVAYA VOIP phones setup. Troubleshooting Dell, HP, Microsoft Operating Systems Windows NT, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, and Server 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012 Client Architecture. Citrix Thin Client Server Administration, Microsoft servers, SCCM, ISSE, OASIS, Remedy, Hyper-V, and VMware. SUMMARY OF KEY SKILLS / ABILITIES Strong leadership qualities, organizational, coordination skills, detailed oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, customer service oriented and great team building skills. Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, professional, competent, and able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines. Ability to assess needs, analyze and solve problems. Credited with ethics and character of the highest caliber passionate about Cyber Security, thus giving 100 effort, performs Cyber Security research keeping abreast of current trends, and inspiring subordinates and associates to the same level of performance. Confident, dependable, and team player with 20 years of extensive and diverse experience in information technology management that includes the following skills project management, budgeting, briefing, analyzing, and customer service.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Member of the Cross Domain PMO team that manages the Enterprise Perimeter Defense and the Enterprise Cross Domain Service ECDS which involves reviewing Requests for Change RFCs , Engineering Change Proposals ECPs and advising the Government on technical security subjects. As well as ensuring Cyber Security policies and directives are upheld in information technology IT acquisition programs within the National Geospatial Agency NGA . Applies the following policies, guidelines, and standards to Security Engineering projects and activities:
- DCID 6/3: Protecting Sensitive Compartmented Information within Information Systems
- CJCSI 6510.01E: Information Assurance and Network Defense
- DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process DIACAP
- NIST Risk Management Framework SP800-37 Governing Policies
- DoD Directive 5200.1: DoD Information Assurance Security Program
- DoD Instruction 8500.2: Information Assurance IA Implementation
- Deputy Secretary of Defense for Cyber, Identity and Information Assurance CIIA
- Attends regularly scheduled weekly system development technical meetings involving Preliminary Design Reviews PDR , Cyber IPT, Cross Domain Security Engineering CDSE , Critical Design Review CDR , Interim Progress Review IPR , Test Readiness Review TRR , Baseline Acceptance Testing BAT , and Post Test Reviews PTR for the Cross Domain PMO Program.
- Member of the NGA Enterprise Cross Domain Service ECDS program, which includes NGAs Certification and Accreditation requirements, consolidation, and Department of Defense Intelligence Information System DoDIIS / Combatant Command COCOM support efforts.
- Supports the ECDS program management office in the certification and accreditation C A requirements needed for systems engineering activities.
- Develops security testing and evaluation plans to conduct system certification testing and consolidation of existing systems into the NGA Enterprise solution.
- Established the development of user training guides ensuring customer involvement and understanding in all aspects of Cyber Defense and Information Assurance IA on all of the NGA Enterprise networks.
- Manages and distributes the processing of Remedy tickets for ECDS and the day to day operational coordination with over 40 NGA programs.
- Performed tasks required on a continual basis e.g., system backups, disaster recovery, and end-user file recovery to keep U.S. military Command, Control, Communications, and Computer C4 network devices, servers, systems e.g., Global Command and Control System, video teleconferencing VTC systems, Joint Operations Planning and Execution System, Requirements Development and Analysis system , and end-user workstations functioning correctly. - Analyzed and administered system software e.g., Network Information Service, Domain Name System, Network File System, Microsoft Active Directory Services used to make network routers switches, servers, and workstations function properly. - Ensured appropriate access for end-users to C4 data and applications programs. This is accomplished by monitoring end-user and workstation access privileges to the C4 Network resources and by validating end-user preferences, data, security, and accessibility to the system. - Analyzed complex C4 problems which involved the interaction of different software applications, computer hardware/software, multimedia hardware/software, computer-controlled projection systems, video switching equipment, television cameras, monitors, video teleconferencing, and other visual information systems and recommended alternative solutions for correcting the problems. - Monitored the effectiveness of end-user C4 hardware and software. This includes evaluating system operation and identifying potential problem areas before they became catastrophic. - Analyzed and administered databases such as Oracle, Sybase, and other various E-mail Systems.
- Evaluated network security by running scans in accordance with EUCOM/AFRICOM IA level security requirements. - In concert with System Engineers, conducted C4 upgrade projects and extend existing systems to support new locations or functionality. - Participated as a member of integration teams to install new U.S. military C4 system networking and audio-visual/video teleconference AV/VTC hardware and software on existing classified and unclassified networks, including full-range testing of the old and new components to make sure that they work together well, that they performed the function they are designed to perform, that they can be supported after they are installed, and that they can be expanded when the military mission requires it.
- Responsible for the Tier I/II systems support for laptops and servers connected to LAN/WAN at three forward deployed customer sites. Primary duties include configuring, installing CAT 5/6/Fiber cables, maintaining and troubleshooting NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS Windows 2003 servers and Windows Panasonic Tough Books, to include ensuring data recovery backup and restore procedures are completed in a timely manner. Other duties include scheduling and maintaining connectivity for high visibility VTCs, Information Assurance IA Management: proactively securing information systems, updating virus database signatures, monitoring for and deploying IAVAs to remediate network vulnerabilities and software/hardware/application installation/upgrades.
- Evaluated network security by running scans in accordance with SOCOM IA standards and compared results against DISA Standard Technical Implementation Guides STIGS and reported IA information and alerts.
Computer Information Systems Analyst
Performed network vulnerability analysis and reporting, network security monitoring and analysis, identified suspicious and malicious activities, identified and tracked malicious code including worms, viruses, trojan horses, etc , entered and tracked events and incidents. Supported incident escalation and assesses probable impact and damages, identified damage control, assisted in developing course of action and recovery procedures. Information
Technical Support - Performed network scans using various Anti-virus programs ie. ClamWin, Norton, McAfee, and Threatfire . Experienced in removing worms, trojans, malware, spyware and viruses on Apple and Windows Operating Systems. - Monitors and analyzes networks with Sonic and Cisco PIX firewall hardware. - Provide hardware and software support to over a thousand users in the RSU23 combined three city school systems. - Support network upgrades to include Cisco routers, firewalls and switches. - Maintain three Microsoft Windows Servers running Windows 2003 and 2008 server operating systems. - Daily maintenance on IMAC laptops, PC desktops and laptops.