Seeking a challenging position as a Telecommunications Systems Network Engineer in support of Federal Government focusing on network reliability, customer satisfaction and organizational success.
Summary of Qualifications
- Specialized experience of over 20 years in Telecommunications, Information Systems and Technology, Communications Systems, Leadership and Management.
- Team Lead and Senior Network Engineer with over 17 years of technical and leadership experience.
- Extensive operational and staff management experience.
- 17 years of C4 systems engineering experience supporting DOD agencies.
- Network Services Protocol Expertise: BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN, SNMP, SMTP.
- Possess an active Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Expert experience managing, configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches, Juniper network switches and Extreme Network devices.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Implemented Cisco IOS software upgrades protocol in over 450 Cisco devices
- Assisted LMC obtain and maintain the International Organization for Standardization ISO 9001 ISO 20000 for past twelve years.
- Assisted LMC maintained a 99.95 in Network availability in both NIPRNET SIPRNET
Professional Summary and Experience
- Maintain and support all aspects of the wide and local area network and corporate data communications. Provide support and assistance to network technicians as needed in network issues Analyze the network subsystems and related issues. Diagnose and troubleshoot local and wide area network-related issues. Provide customer service for local and wide area network administration to the user community. Implement and enforce wide and local area network standards, settings and restrictions. Interact frequently with network analysts and Security Operation Center personnel. Assist staff in assessing the effectiveness and impact of departmental activities and practices relative to local and wide area network functionality. Establish guidelines and parameters for the deployment of local and wide area network components and enhancements. Facilitate the movement and relocation of routers, circuits, and Ethernet segments/switches. Monitor and maintain wide area network management systems. Maintain access lists and user settings on wide area network WAN equipment. Document changes and procedures, including network Visio diagrams. Expert/Proficient with TCP/IP troubleshooting tools trace route, tcpdump, net stat, etc. is required Expert/Proficient configuring and managing WAN technologies and circuits such as VPLS, TLS, T1, DS3, OC3, OC12.
- Experience with Cisco 2500, Cisco 2600, 2800 Cisco 3600, 3700, 3800, Cisco 7200, 7500 series routers along with Cisco 2924, 3500, 3600, 3700, 3900, 4000, 5000, 6000 series
Monitor managed the Pentagon's LAN/WAN backbone systems comprised of Cisco and Juniper series routers and switches. I motivated team members to strive to their greatest potential through effective, recognition, and employee development. Proactively monitored, diagnosed and resolved customer network problems or directed the problem to the proper authority for resolution using Remedy Incident Management Tool Accurately document, triage, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network incidents.
I am currently working as Service and Design Engineer, Configuring, reconfiguring and installing Juniper and Cisco Switches on NIPR and SIPR on the Pentagon Network. Assist with the transition of the JCS personnel to the VDI environment. Performing survey's at different locations at the pentagon to determine customer's requirements. Activating network drops in various locations inside and outside of the Pentagon. Assisting the JCS customers in troubleshooting network problems within the Pentagon. Providing assistance to other members of the Network Engineering staff to help with their projects. Currently reviewing Engineering Installation Plan s EIP's and providing guidance. Reviewing current configurations on the switches and routers with the HQDA ITA Network and alerting management about potential VLAN issues. Writing network Engineering Installation Plan EIP . Creating and Designing Network Engineering Drawing for Pentagon and NCR project.
Air Force Shift Lead for Eight Network Engineers to Monitored managed the Pentagon's LAN/WAN backbone systems comprised of Cisco and Juniper series routers and switches. I motivated team members to strive to their greatest potential through effective, recognition, and employee development. Proactively monitored, diagnosed and resolved customer network problems or directed the problem to the proper authority for resolution using Remedy Incident Management Tool Accurately document, triage, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network incidents.
managed the Pentagon's LAN/WAN backbone systems comprised of Fore ATM switches, Cisco 2600, 4000, 5300, and 7500 series routers, Cisco 5000 and 5500 series switches, Alcatel/Xylan switches, 3Comm Net Builder II routers, 3Comm and Cabletron hubs. Proactively monitored, diagnosed and resolved customer network problems or directed the problem to the proper authority for resolution. I used TCP/IP diagnostic tools such as HP Open View to perform centralized SNMP network monitoring and administration of network backbone systems over FDDI and 10baseT media. Used protocol analyzers such as Network Associate's Sniffer network analyzer to capture and analyze network traffic, providing both protocol analysis and static's.
Responsible for configures, installation, troubleshooting Cisco routers. Provide support for the world -wide INSINC X.25 packet switching. Monitor and maintain Global Router based Wide Area Network, consisting of 450 Cisco Routers. Assist Veteran Affairs customs with routers, LAN and WAN support using NOIS National Online Information Sharing System.
Traveled to multiple INS border patrol stations to configure, installation and troubleshooting Cisco routers/switches devices. Provided fault management and problem resolution solution on Cisco Equipment. I have knowledge and experience with TCP/IP and Ethernet protocol. Also have knowledge of modems CSUs/DSUs devices. I was responsible for inventory and shipping of Cisco router/switches to multiple INS border patrol stations.
Level Two Monitored and maintain Global Router based Wide Area Network, consisting of 520 Cisco routers. Provide support for the worldwide INSINC X.25 packet switching and FDDI router based Networks Perform Network Analyst, installation, configuration and trouble shooting, assistance on routers and DSU's on common links at speeds ranging from 56k to frame relay and pro-active problem identification prior to major user impact. Maintain a duty log on a daily basis to annotate any circuit outages, line problems, personnel on duty and other significant information.