A proven IT professional with over 10 years experience in the field. I have management experience, exceptional customer service and communication skills. Having managed an IT department with 12 locations for more than 3 years, I was involved in project management with conversions in MPLS, Blackberry and firewall companies. Worked with multiple vendors and renegotiated contracts with many that resulted in significant savings and improved service. I managed a VMWare Datacenter involving 3 Vmware Vsphere ESXi hosts and 31 virtual machines.
- Project Manager for changing MPLS providers, saving 25 4K on monthly bills, while increasing bandwidth 33
- Organized the opening of 4 branches, ordering MPLS circuits, telco lines, phones and Server/PC equipment, and setup
- Project Manager responsible for the changing of ISP providers, allowing us to maintain redundancy for internet access
- Project Manager for Blackberry upgrade of all users, converting from Alltel to T-mobile, resulting in a 30 cost reduction
- Successfully renegotiated the company's warranty contract with Shoretel, saving 6,000 yearly
- Successfully upgrade of our VMware servers and hosts from 4.1 to 5.0.
Field Tech Consultant Network Administrator
- Managed our VMware vCenter Datacenter involving 3 VMware Vsphere ESXi 4.1.0 hosts, 31 virtual machines. using V-motion. Also created and managed a separate 3 host environment involving 28 virtual machines.
- Built 4 Hypervisor 4.1 hosts. Dell Poweredge 2950 and Poweredge R710 with 15 machines. P2V conversions of
- 15 production servers to VMware and V2V conversions for backup purposes.
- Built out and deployed multiple 2008 R2 and 2012 physical and virtual boxes. Including IIS 7.5 web servers and
- application servers.
- Performed monthly WSUS releases using MMC console and update services. Updating 70 plus production servers
- and workstations monthly.
- Maintained our co-location facility. Involving 40 physical and 30 virtual production servers in Peak 10. cloud
- Administered EMC VNXe3100 with 12 TB. NAS- Network attached storage and SAN- Storage area network.
- Managed our cloud based VOIP Vocalocity / Polycom phone system.
- Provided in-house support for 30 plus users and approximately 55 PC's. Added and removed users as needed.
- Assisting in network planning, deployment, administration, server hardware planning, pricing, deployment and maintenance.
Field Tech Consultant Systems Manager
- My primary responsibility was to plan, implement and oversee the corporation's system upgrade, and conduct the transitioning of a 262-seat geographically dispersed network. I led a team of two engineers that I was responsible for, and participated in a hands-on manner while managing my team.
- Replaced all PC's with Windows 7 operating systems at all of the company's locations.
- Installed and configured all of the software necessary for proprietary applications.
- Repaired and replaced wiring as needed.
- Created new images and Group Policies based upon user departments' requirements.
- Reconfigured and rewired all of the server rooms as needed.
- Reloaded user mail and internet preferences.
Field Tech Consultant IT Systems Manager
- Provided support for 120-plus users at 11 separate branches in three counties, as well as the operations center.
- Planned the upgrading of the enterprise and teller banking software as new updates were released.
- Installation and configuration of the software for Windows servers 2008, 2003 and XP.
- Maintained all corporate Blackberries utilizing Blackberry Manager, and all cell phone users/accounts.
- Developed printer maintenance programs and designed toner replacement policies at all branches.
- Designed policy for new users, setup users requiring the installation of multiple applications and platforms.
- Managed process for new branches, which entailed the ordering/organization of circuits, analog lines, services.
- Project Manager responsible for the replacement of firewall vendors, allowing us to use a local company.
- Managed VOIP phone system from Shoretel that had 150 plus phones in 12 locations.
- Project Manager for data backup migration to utilize offsite data backup of crucial files.
- Maintained all 3rd party software enterprise applications, worked with users and vendors to operate effectively.
Field Tech Consultant Field Technician Consultant
- Installed and configured all hardware: motherboards, CPU's, hard drives, drives and any other peripheral devices.
- Updated recovery and restoration software, and tattoo of OEM motherboards.
- Installed and configured the software for Windows systems 98, ME, 2000 Pro 200 server and XP.
- Resolved any technical issues that arose with the OS or with the software/hardware.
Technical Analyst, Level 3
- Played key role in ensuring 99 uptime for 200 client sites and 275 servers, in a 24/7 environment.
- Managed corporate telco systems: ordered frame relay circuits, along with ISDN lines and POTS lines, as well as 800-numbers for backup dictation lines for new sites.
- NT Administration: created new user accounts and deleted termed employees' accounts created machine names.
- Created/removed e-mail accounts in Microsoft exchange created/removed accounts in Remedy Data center systems support in a 300K-per-hour-revenue environment.
- Devised policies for build-out and configuration of Compaq Servers and Workstations, and the coordination of their installation with Spheris field engineers.