Extensive experience in Enterprise architecture and systems integration with a focus on Unified Communications. Specialized focus on large scale multi-site architecture cloud models, security, and product development. Excellent communication, facilitation and negotiation skills. Able to interact with executive team, customers and cross-functional development teams. High quality standards, strong problem solving skills, and a distinguished technical leader.
- Microsoft OCS, Lync 2010/2013 Enterprise Voice, IM Presence, Audio/Video Conferencing, O365 Messaging integration and Customer/Partner Skype Voice Federation.
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence
- Acme Packet Session Border Controllers SBC models 3820/4500
- Audio Codes Mediant 1000/800 voice gateways. Remote Branch survivability design.
- Centralized SIP trunking, Branch, and dial-plan design.
- F5 and Bluecoat hardware load balancers and reverse proxies.
- OSPF, BGP-4, IGRP, EIGRP, RIPv2
- SS7, PSTN, SSH, TLS, RADIUS, DHCP, TCP, IP, UDP, NAT, PAT, QoS, SNMP, DNS
- Ethernet 10/100,1000 OC-48, OC-12, OC-3, DS3, DS1, DS0, PRI Circuits
- WANs: T1/E1, T3s, Frame Relay, FXS, FXO, Analog POTS.
- Carrier class service provisioned networks. Class 5/4 Telco switches.
- Voice protocols/Codecs: SIP, H.323, MGCP, SCCP, RTP, and SRTP. RTAudio, G.722, G.711, G.729
- Voice access gateways/switches: Cisco 38xx's, 28xx's. Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, and 2900 series data switches. Avaya: S8700, S8300, G700, and G650.
- Cisco Virtual Switch Controller SC2200. SS7 traffic routing to IP based networks for dial access and VoIP solutions.
- Access control, PKI, Cryptography, Business continuity, Telecom security and Regulatory Compliance
- Deployment of IPSEC, Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol PPTP and L2TP remote access VPN's
- Cisco PIX Firewalls, Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrators, and Cisco MARS Intrusion Prevention System
- UC tools: Clarus, Unimax, NetIQ, NetAlly VoIP Monitoring and VoIP Assessment Solution software
- Microsoft Lync 2013/2013 MOC clients, Cisco/Avaya IP phones, and Cisco VG224's and VG248's for analog support. HP C7000 Blade server, Wireshark, Fluke, Sniffer Pro, Solar winds, MRTG, and Network General network monitoring products.
- INET SS7 routing software for Telco traffic troubleshooting.
- WAN/LAN troubleshooting: Cisco routing debug tools for troubleshooting circuit signaling, framing, coding, trace routes, pings, and netstat configurations.
- Design, develop, and test cloud based architectural models for HP UC offerings which include Microsoft Lync 2013/2010 Enterprise Voice, IM, Presence, Office 365Messaging integration and Skype voice federation.
- Key contributor in defining long term Unified Communication technology strategies, solutions, and roadmaps with management and technical teams for the HP Enterprise Services portfolio.
- Responsible for the technical direction for the Integrated/Certified Centralized SIP Trunking capability with several global carriers including Verizon Business, Level 3 and Orange Business Services.
- Identify new technologies to expand service offering capabilities including Acme Packet Session Border controllers, Sonus SBC's, and AudioCodes gateways.
- Responsible for all security centric initiatives and deliverables within the UC offering. Create network risk assessments and documented approaches to mitigate malicious network traffic by managing/creating firewall rules to client dedicated voice compartments and leveraged tools VLAN's.
- Document security standards, policies, and collaborate across global organizations to allow edge traffic flows into various HP data center environments.
- Architect Cisco based solutions for the Bank of America transformation project that represented over 7000 sites and 250,000 users. Designed 10 Call Manager 6.1 clusters supporting US based Boa/Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management VoIP branches utilizing 3845's, 3825's, 2811's gateway's and 3560 switches.
- Architect metro design packages that included Cisco Call Manager clusters utilizing inter cluster trunks to legacy Unity Voicemail clusters across two dispersed WAN's between ML and Bank of America.
- Perform system testing and certification for UC components including, call control, voicemail, Unified Messaging, Presence, and Instant Messaging across cloud and on-premise based Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya environments. Architected a carrier-based Next Generation E911 solution for the North American market.
- Create Business and Technical Design Guides and artifacts for internal global engineers supporting the delivery of HP's leveraged solution offerings.
- Serve as a design consultant for all leveraged voice tools such as Clarus, Unimax, and NetIQ. Provide support to internal HP VNOC for problem resolution.
- Responsible for customer demonstrations in the HP Client Experience Center CEC comprising current Microsoft, Cisco, and Avaya UC offerings.
- Architected and designed enterprise Unified Communication networks for customer in the financial, healthcare, retail, and insurance industries. Platforms used were Cisco and Avaya IP-PBX's integrated with Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 routing devices.
- Installed and configured Cisco PIX firewall login authentication scheme using IPSec public key cryptography and key management. Performed daily Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator administration for site to site connectivity, and remote VPN access.
- Perform multiple IP telephony integrations and green field implementations under various platforms for voice and data protocols in accordance with IETF standards. Perform integration and testing for the following protocols: SIP, H.323, RTP, UDP, SDP, and TCP/IP.
- Performed VoIP assessments for all customer IP Telephony installations. The assessment determined if the current network was able to carry additional voice traffic and reported MOS scores, silence suppression, jitter buffer, packet loss concealment and a recommendation for voice compression schemes.
- Designed and implemented IPSEC VPN's using secure tunnels which allowed customers to dial internally to remote offices and share data across their private networks.
- Installed Cisco MARS IPS which helped identify and respond to security threats across the customer networks.
- Created all documentation for the VoIP assessments and presented the final results to the executive management teams and clients.
- Served as a pre-sales engineer assisting in the design in order to meet client networking requirements.
- Implemented QoS solutions to provide better service to voice traffic using Differentiated Services DiffServ , Integrated Services IntServ and Best Effort over provisioning
- Assisted in resolving complex IP Telephony issues for customer networks which included the configuration, and maintenance of the network and DMZs.
- Architected, designed, and managed a Microsoft ADS server cluster consisting of Windows Servers, Sun UNIX Enterprise E250 servers, running Checkpoint Firewall-1. Designed the OU hierarchy, managed DNS naming schemes, and created forests' for efficient domain management.
- Performed daily Checkpoint firewall administration for remote VPN access, and InfoSec security practices on corporate firewall site.
- Migrated multiple business unit domains to corporate web servers using Apache and virtual hosts in a Cold Fusion development environment.
- Developed an online LAN/WAN cost database for the executive management team to analyze the total global network costs.
- Installed VERITAS backup agent for Windows and Oracle Servers. Created a disaster preparation and recovery plan for server cluster.
- Created all documentation for the design, configuration, and management for entire server cluster.
- Implemented a SS7 Virtual Switch Controller VSC that supports over 60 cities and 300,000 ports for NetZero.
- Deployed and supported Network Access Servers AS5800's and Virtual Switch Controllers VSC 2200's within an ATM environment supporting DS3's and T1's in the network.
- Decreased call customer call failure rates from 50 to 5 by correcting both voice and data routing issues. Corrected SS7 routing issues by working with RBOC's, LEC's, and CLEC's in order to maintain the stability of the Broadwing network.
- Contributed to an OSS team to track ordering network components, inventory management, A-to-Z circuit provisioning, equipment and facility provisioning, billing and reporting.
- Resolved customer BGP issues pertaining to MAE East, West and Central public peering points. Resolved customer issues regarding route maps, route reflectors, and determining best practices for proper route aggregation.