- Sr. Systems Engineer: Leverage demonstrated experience directing the demands of complex projects, developing innovative systems, and providing technical expertise.
- Skilled at transitioning operational requirements into cutting-edge solutions that streamline processes, reduce redundancies, and increase control. Proven team leader combine technical expertise with strong qualifications in systems architecture, development, and maintenance. Articulate communicator interact effectively with key personnel and staff members at all levels. Talent for thinking outside the box thrive on meeting the challenge of each project.
Systems Engineer, systems design, implementation, technical infrastructure, continuous improvement, hardware maintenance, upgrades, relationship management, project planning, project management, systems configuration, administration, virtualization, change management, solutions development, technical support, technical training, Prior DoD TS/SCI eligible Clearance, Associates of Applied Science in Computer and Information Science.
- Platforms: Solaris, FreeBSD, SuSE, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Windows, Apple OS X
- Tools: Visio, Bash/Ksh Shell Scripting, Active Directory, Firewalls, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Bind DNS, Virtualization Software VMware, Parallels, Oracle VM for SPARC, Solaris Zones , EMC SAN, Netapp SAN, Brocade DCFM, Sun Storage CAM, Veeam Backup Replication, BMC Bladelogic
- Hardware: Switches/Routers, Network Ports/Cabling, Cisco, Fujitsu, HP, Netgear
Sr. Systems Engineer,
- Technical Scope: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.X 6.X, Solaris 10 11, Oracle VM for SPARC 3.X, IBM Websphere Application Server 7.X, IBM HTTP Server 7.X
- Sr. Systems Engineer on the Platform team creating standards for currently used technologies and planning for future capabilities. SME for Oracle VM for SPARC, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM Websphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server, and scripting. Provide technical expertise in support of design and implementation for tech refreshes and leveraging new capabilities. Research new technologies, recommend modifications and implementation of system enhancements. Review and generation of technical documentation. Mentoring junior engineers, review and generation of software enhancements, script validation and approval. Responsible the Oracle VM virtualization farms utilizing Fujitsu M10-4S building blocks.
- Stood up new test and production environments using a new methodology that had not been done before within the group. With very little time and resources available, I successfully designed, engineered and implemented the solutions necessary to fulfill customer requirements for multiple tiers of Websphere Application Server environments. Quickly became a SME of Websphere Application Server for my team and established myself as a knowledgeable and valuable resource to other Websphere Application Server teams within the company.
- Created new standards for Solaris deployments involving zones. Increased server density through the utilization of Solaris Global Zones and Non-Global Zones within the Oracle VM environments. Reduced storage footprint and increased performance.
- Improved accuracy of Security Compliance team's reporting of vulnerabilities within the UNIX/Linux environments. Automated STIG checks for Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux to provide clear results for NESSUS scanners. Re-evaluated various NESSUS checks and provided solutions to the Security Compliance team.
Linux Design Engineer IV / Systems Architect,
Technical Scope: Red Hat Enterprise 5.x 6.x, Windows 2008 R2, VMWare ESXi 4.1, 5 5.1, Netapp, vCenter, Veeam Backup Replication
Analyzed current backup architecture of 7 days of replicas on local ESXi storage and redesigned the disaster recovery solution utilizing currently in place software to establish a 1 month of daily backups to an on-site SAN and 1 year of off-site backups to a remote SAN while reducing I/O utilization and resolving a flaw in prior backup methodology failing after VM changes
- Technical Scope: Red Hat Enterprise, Solaris, SuSE Enterprise, Windows 2008, VMWare ESXi 4.1 5, VCenter, LustreFS, Sun Storage Common Array Manager, Brocade Fabric Management
- 6mo Contract - Proactive member of the environment team challenged with recapturing a legacy implementation and migrating to a virtualized infrastructure. Provide technical expertise in support of design and implementation. Perform metric testing, recommend modifications and implementation of system enhancements. Writing procedures and technical documentation. Validation of scripts and recommendation for modifications for automated tasks.
Technical Scope: CentOS, Solaris, HP-UX, VxWorks, Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, Windows 2003
Proactive member of team challenged with maintaining submarine simulation equipment and software for US Navy. Provide technical expertise and support troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions. Interface extensively with both military and government populations to establish requirements of submarine training simulation systems. Manage IBM/HP blade servers, maintain site inventory, and monitor environments, ensuring optimal performance.
Technical Scope: Mac OS X, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Accepted assignment to install, maintain, and enhance Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance ISR dissemination and archival systems in Iraq and Afghanistan. Performed metrics gathering and performance enhancements to the Near Real Time NRT Full Motion Video FMV services provided to the military. Communicated extensively with diverse military populations defined requirements, performed site surveys, and installed equipment at various locations. Troubleshot, repaired, and maintained servers across Iraq, Afghanistan, and the US facilitated uninterrupted operations despite frequently adverse conditions. Documented various system metrics, including daily status, site installations, and associated hardware. Served as Team Leader prioritized and coordinated plans for site repairs and installations. Trained personnel on daily operations and maintenance of software. Monitoring of remote system installation health for the servers and their associated power and video equipment to plan preventative maintenance prior to potential hardware failures. Automating server security implementation via bash scripting.