As a solutions-oriented professional I have extensive experience producing multi-tiered, multi-terabyte, distributed deliverables across a diverse set of industries. Roles include Sr. BI/Data Architect, ETL/SQL Specialist, Principal SDE, Sr. Technical Program Manager, Project/Dev Manager, and Director. Technical roles provide exposure to current and future platforms. US citizen. Prior contracts based on one-year visas.
- Microsoft BI/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Erwin, ETL, INetSoft, QlikView, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Informatica, BO
- Relational Engines: SQL Server 2014 down to 1.4, Azure , Netezza, MySQL, DB2, Sybase, Oracle.
- Languages: Transact SQL, Scripting. Past experience with C , C , C, Java Script, VB, OLTP/OLAP.
- Methodologies: Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, Incremental, Lean. Microsoft Stack and Office Tools.
- Microsoft. Sr. BI Program Manager. Transition members into new roles and align with Hadoop based multi-year roadmap. Clients: SMSG and CFPNA.
- Edifecs. Sr. BI/DW/ETL Software Engineer. Tableau and SQL Expert. Analyze current BI technologies and trends as it relates to Healthcare related information.
- Getty Images. BI/DW Dev and Architect responsibilities. SQL Expert. Current and upcoming Microsoft BI Stack, MySQL and Oracle financial platforms. Participate in Microsoft TAP program.
- Premera. As part of the BI Team responsible for the dimensional and 3NF data models for Health Care Systems, including new Medicare Advantage/Obamacare products. Short term.
- KiethTech, LLC. Consulting for, and assisting with the design of a new Azure cloud-based SaaS BI platform. Harnessing latest technologies. Seamlessly manage industry independent BI reporting.
- Streamlined Solutions. Upgrading existing products, tools, and utilities to make use of SQL Server 2014's memory optimized engine. A factor of 20 improvement across the boar
- Corbis. Responsible for BI/Data warehouse design, modeling, ETL, reporting and analytics for a new product built on top of a Microsoft BI stack. The system imports various Nielsen and other third party viewership information, incorporating intra-show advertising and financial data.
- Responsible for converting AT T Data, ETL, and BI Reporting layers into an INetSoft fully BI-compliant platform which manages billion dollar financial transactions annually. 2 TB data mart.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, SQL Server/Azure, Microsoft Stack, NoSQL/Hadoop. Netezza. Tableau, INetsoft Agile
- Architected/Designed a metadata driven ETL and Schema migration engine. Enabled zero-downtime, future dated release activations from heterogeneous terabyte sized CRM sources. System detects and automates schema changes and record deltas. Designed and oversaw a log-shipping BCDR effort.
- Technical Program Manager for several BI Portal Offering and enterprise level Data Quality projects as teams doubled in size. Mentored offshore experts training locally, moving into management roles.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, SQL Server 2008 2014, SSIS, BI Technologies. Waterfall Agile, OLTP/OLAP
- Oversaw the scalability effort consolidating systems from 145 Ernst Young offices around the globe. 65 terabyte, 125,000 user system. Resolved performance issues with MDX/ETL/Cubes/OLAP/OLTP.
- Completed BI training for the MicroStrategy 9.0 suite of products. Certified Engineer CES , Administrator MCE . Completed a 12 course intensive training session. Client base consists of executive and senior level management in the Northwest sector. Focused on two week, quick win projects. BI/MDX/OLTP/OLAP.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, SQL Server 2008 R2 Fast Track SSIS/SSAS/SSRS , MicroStrategy Agile. OLTP/OLAP
- Brought in as their in-house SQL Server Expert. As one of three key inventors, responsible for the data architecture, SQL code, and ETL layers of a 2 terabyte real-time and near real-time reporting Data Warehouse. Independent API across layers, ETL, and BI reporting. Automated test harness.
- The data warehouse is part of a packaged software product. The meta-data driven installations are stand-alone, self-maintaining, configurable and customizable. Remaining prototypes set the framework for the next five releases. The business and data layers are portable across MySQL and SQL.
- Core Technologies: MySQL, SQL Server 2005/2008/Express, QlikView, C , C . Agile Waterfall. . OLTP/OLAP
- Responsible and accountable for the development and management of 9 corporate enterprise systems for one of the world's leading online service providers. Came in as the only in-house senior database engineer. Built a new team of high-caliber, in-house staff while replacing existing contract positions. Responsible for the BI and Star Schema layers of the corporate data warehouse.
- Managed, designed, developed, and tested financial modules. Optimized reports, transactions, and data entry procedures. A set of mufti-faceted, distributed, autonomous systems interact and communicate information globally between internal and external systems that meet or exceed the needs of our customers. Delivered first two DB2/.Net data warehouse application.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, MS SQL Server, DB2, C services, C , NT Batch, OLTP, OLAP. Agile, Iterative, Lean.
- Responsibilities include data modeling, coding, data conversion procedures, and completing the technical design of the distributed SQL Server business layer for the highly visible Vista Digital Licensing system. A centralized set of systems communicating with 4 databases was converted to a single database that was replicated between three sites around the globe from the master site at Redmond.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, MS SQL Server, C services, C cryptography. Waterfall.
- Brought in as the first employee. Promoted to CTO as part of the VC takeover. Company sold for 54 million in 2012. Defined, designed and delivered core C components in initial releases. The tax-efficient portfolio management technologies cater to the full spectrum of professional advisors, adding tax-efficiency and customization to a firm's separate account offering.
- As a project/dev manager completed phases including:
- 3.0 2003 - Secure and distributed ASP model. Platform independence.
- 4.0 2004 - Embeddable, Brandable, Multi-User/Multi-Office shared products. Core design.
- 5.0 2005 - Scalable. Presentation Tier redesign. Tier specific server farms.
- The product optimizes 1000 accounts in 2 minutes. Our nearest competitor performs the same task in 4 hours. Company's focus switched to sales and consulting sectors. Profitable for the last two years 2.5 million in revenue. Converted financial theories into a scalable solution and architected a user interface that embeds seamlessly into existing third party sites. The theories and technologies used classified us as being market leaders.
Managed the re-architecture of an expert system written for the State of Nebraska Health and Human Services department. 40 business and technical areas were addressed, each taking an average of 2.5 months from the start of the requirements phase to the end of functional test phase. 10 to 15 expert system consultants, 15 to 20 in-house business analysts, and 40 external technical team members.
In the first six months of a highly visible Boeing project brought the development platforms under control, enabled 15 parallel development environments, reduced the database size by a factor of 10, and reduced the database footprint to 3 Meg. per week from an excess of 100 Meg., assisted in the restructure of four key teams, and automated the administrative tasks. Promoted to database team lead while performing system architect duties for a 4 team, 24 person project.
Converted Ad Placement Software to a 24 hour system. Automated maintenance routines. Improved database response time. Redesigned core modules and reduced code size by a factor of 5. Implemented accounting functions. Resolved locking issues and bottlenecks. Trained both management and developers to properly design and implement client server applications and databases. Trained developers on tuning techniques specific to SQL Server.
- As a member of a Distributed Infrastructure team managed the presentation tier and trained Visual C and Visual Basic developers. Individuals were new to both development environments as well as to relational databases. I re-architected the application to use relational databases and TUXEDO services. On a second project, data migration processing was improved and space usage was reduced by a factor of 8, down to 40 Gig. Parallel processing improved the overall efficiency of the application by a factor of 10. Brought in-house after 3 months.
- Core Technologies: Erwin, VB, SQL Server, C , AION. Waterfall, Iterative.
- Responsible for the Trading and Operations systems of an international investment firm. Developed and managed the effort of teams distributed around the globe. Automated trades processing for Canadian products in real-time between offices across Canada, the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Core Technologies: Sybase/C/Unix/Sun Workstations and Servers. Incremental, Iterative.
- Responsible for all financial accounting modules of a multi-currency/multi-lingual application. Completed the detailed design and lead a team of 5 to 10 developers who introduced enhancements to our base product. 3 teams of 30 to 60 members were coordinated over a wide area network.
- Core Technologies: Sybase/Sybase UI/Unix/Sun/OS 2. Waterfall. Incremental.
- Led the analysis phase of a consignment tracking system. Designed and implemented the information architecture that satisfied the EDI access needs of customers situated around the globe.
- Performed the technical and database analysis, design, and implementation of a system for a Tax and Assessment department.
- Developed and implemented client server design strategies for flexibly and transparently migrating between front and back ends as well as supporting simultaneous connections to heterogeneous front and back ends. Published and presented findings at the 1993 International Sybase Conference.
- Advised and instructed internal staff on proper client/server design and associated database design techniques and issues. Customers included the Police Force, Utilities Industries, and Hospitals.
- Core Technologies: C, VB, PowerBuilder, Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, OS/2, DB2, DB Manager. Waterfall.
- Reviewed the technical analysis for migrating an extensive Materials Management system from DB2 and IMS mainframe platforms to a MS SQL Server platform.
- Responsible for the database design and the data migration on Client/Server and Open Data architectures. De-centralized updates were allowed across distributed Business Unit sites and at corporate head office.
- Responsible for the database analysis, redesign, and administration of their Billing system. Transaction response time was reduced by a factor of 5. Space usage was reduced by a factor of 7. Monthly savings were estimated at 50,000 in hardware rental/usage charges.
- Responsible for the business analysis, database analysis, and database administration of several Gas Utility departments.
- Responsible for the database design and the documentation of the functional requirements for converting an existing IMS/DB2 customer information system into a decentralized set of autonomous, platform-independent business units. Reviewed potential third party software packages that best matched the client's needs and identified the suitable candidate.
- Core Technologies: SQL Server, DB2, Toolbook, Application Manager, OS/2, Windows. Waterfall.
Automated a real time temporal-logic theorem prover. The tool, written in Prolog, was subsequently used as a basis for a fourth year course. Was asked to present our findings at an IEEE conference.
Core Technologies: Prolog
Quebec: Improved an expert system responsible for performing the duties of an intelligence officer in the Canadian army. The system, written in Lisp and running on a Lambda workstation, incorporated strategic rules in an object oriented GUI front end that satisfied the information needs of mobile site
Based on the work performed for DREA in 1987 I was asked to represent Canada at NATO. Top 10 candidates of 16 countries were provided with the opportunity to participate each year. Discovered forces acting on instruments and introduced software for automating the analysis of such.
- Improved an existing knowledge representation system from exponential execution time to linear executing time. Introduced linear time procedures and a GUI interface. The system, written in Lisp and running on a SYMBOLICS workstation, incorporated strategic rules in an object oriented GUI front end which satisfied the information needs of mobile sites.
- Core Technologies: Positions centered on information engineering, knowledge base design, and GUI front ends for distributed Expert Systems using Artificial Intelligence methodologies.