I.T. Director - Project Manager - Consultant
- Service, Support, Projects, Development, Operations, Infrastructure with Customer-Centric, Quality-Focused Approach.
- Senior Director of Information Technologies offering twenty years of expertise in defining global technology architecture, developing software solutions, and implementing high-available infrastructure supporting multiple business disciplines and technology strategies. Business-oriented leader progressively gaining extensive knowledge by leveraging both current and emerging technologies in diverse industries of retail, sales, automotive, manufacturing, packaging, electronics, hardware, software, engineering, and security.
- I.T. Strategy Execution developed and executed enterprise I.T. strategies, defined I.T. solutions to support corporate objectives, and implemented cost-effective and scalable technology that supported business growth.
- Global I.T. Systems Operations architected, deployed, and secured global enterprise I.T. infrastructure and operations. Championed business strategies and I.T. projects while managing culturally diverse local and remote teams.
- Vendor Sourcing, Negotiation, Relations fostered strong relationships with vendors and negotiated contracts to reduce costs, improve SLA's and support, and provide adequate services to meet strategic goals.
- Leadership Talent Development attracted and mentored top I.T. talent, inspired excellence, increased quality of customer facing support, and motivated cross-functional teams based on performance and innovation.
Areas of Expertise
- I.T. Transformation Improvement Business Strategy Execution Global I.T. Strategy Implementation
- Data Center Operations Support Policies, Governance, Controls Project, Change, Risk Management
- Business Intelligence Analysis Mergers Systems Integration Business Continuity Recovery
- Forecasts, Budgets, Cost Control Vendor Contract Negotiations Leadership Talent Management
Professional Experience and Accomplishments
- Consulted with the Network Security and Compliance Departments on security best practices to build a sustainable and repeatable PCI program. Performed risk assessment, penetration testing, and gap analysis to discover current security posture and potential vulnerabilities. Collected and processed information for the SAQ, AOC, and ROC documentation in preparation for 2015 audit.
- Provided program and project management for multiple IT network security projects including implementation of SIEM, FIM, IDS/IPS tools, configuration level reviews of network devices, network segmentation, remediation and mitigation of non-compliant findings, validate, update, and document procedures for authentication, patching, and threat and response management.
- Responsible for an international multi-site network infrastructure including the daily operations of network engineering, administration, support, ERP/CRM/MRP systems, and Data Center management. Provided strategic leadership and project management for local, contract, and offshore staff of network admins, programmers, order entry, and support for multiple companies.
- Analyzed current systems, future requirements, and develop plans for virtualization, transformation, and migration of outdated systems to a new Data Center and to cloud services. Managed the development of applications, mobile apps, databases, and BI tools in support of sales, manufacturing, and logistics to align with current business objectives and implement best practices.
- Management of network operations for multiple Data Centers, 110 sites, 7000 employees, 5500 workstations, and a local and remote staff of 20 engineers, project managers, and support. Responsible for I.T. strategies, infrastructure transformation, hardware and software support, and technical project management. Accountable for 3.6M operating expense and 10.8M capital budget.
- Responsible for end-to-end technology initiatives including migration of email systems to Microsoft Office365, refresh of LAN/WAN, Data Center consolidation and migration, centralized Cisco VOIP system, enhance ERP, BI, and data monetization, MDM Strategy. Developed policies for PCI and SOX audits, business continuity, e-discovery, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Championed technology adoption and transformation through continuous process improvements. Renegotiated key vendor's contracts for cost and SLA's, realizing an annual savings totaling 2.3 million Data Center 640k Hardware/software 380k Data Voice circuit redundancy 290k Microsoft Enterprise Agreement 570k Network/IPT 435k.
- Championed technology adoption and transformation through continuous process improvements lead organizational and policy changes provided clinical data analytics developed Key Performance Indicators redefined support SLA's advised executive teams and board of directors and guided Program, Project, and Portfolio Management, all through utilizing ITIL and PMBOK best practices.
- Responsible for Data Centers, 17 international sites, storage, data/voice networks, security, project management, and a staff of 10 network engineers. Engaged to evaluate personnel, review procedures, assess risks, turn around productivity, encourage team-building, develop new project plans, and mitigate poorly performing existing projects.
- Managed daily operations of network engineering, network administration, and Data Center management operations. Managed multiple technical projects including virtualization of servers, SAN upgrades and data migration, implementation of Cisco IP phone system, and architect and build out new site infrastructure.
- Responsible for operations of multiple Data Centers, 55 sites, 300 servers, 3000 workstations, storage, data/voice networks, security, and managing vendors, outsourced contractors, and a technical staff of 30. Led day-to-day operations for network engineering and support, project management, budgeting, and strategic planning. Accountable for annual budget of 10.0 million.
- Developed and budgeted technical project plans for the transformation of outdated systems and begin the convergence and virtualization of the enterprise network infrastructure, Data Centers, and business systems in alignment with business objectives. Fostered collaboration to build stronger relationships within the I.S. department, with heads of the business units, and end users.
- Managed several hardware and software projects including migration of multiple email systems to Gmail virtualization and consolidation of Data Center systems and applications upgrades to existing Oracle Financial modules and a consolidation of disparate business units' general ledgers and other financial data to facilitate better SOX controls and reporting methods.
- Responsible for a global services department providing custom software development to expand business through functional enhancements, data integration, and business intelligence. Managed multi-cultural and diverse project teams of 100 personal including customers, analysts, developers, and engineers. Accountable for project sales and delivery of 5.0 million annual revenue.
- Managed projects of various complexity, duration, and cost for ERP, MIS, BPM, PLM, MRP, B2B, and CRM implementation and integration projects consisting of SAP, JDE, Oracle Financials, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, and proprietary systems, enabling interoperability of data and collaboration between the company's core applications and a customer's business systems.
- Adhered to established project methodologies, standards, and procedures while supervising the completion of all milestones, change management, and risk mitigation. Improved efficiency, productivity, and profitability through process improvement and successfully delivering quality projects on-time and on budget while maintaining a profit margin of 20 by creating attainable project objectives.
- Acted as the primary contact between the key stakeholders and the project team, while traveling extensively locally and internationally to customer's sites to initiate and deliver projects, and to the Bangalore Development Center to architect, plan, and monitor resources pertaining to full lifecycle development of new and on-going projects.
- Through the careful assessment of the client's network infrastructure, telecommunications, application portfolio, and business procedures, provide consulting and recommendation of proposed transformation requirements, upgrades, and enhancements to the client's existing business processes and network systems, providing technical solutions for future business growth.
- Develop and manage technical related projects for the client's network infrastructure by utilizing best practices and project management methodologies including vendor selection, RFP's, staff augmentation, training, hands-on configuration, monitoring, maintenance, and implementation as required.
- My technical abilities balanced with strong business acumen assure cost effective and realistic solutions planning for business continuity, disaster recovery, procedures and policies, capacity, standardization, security, compliance, and customer support. Provide contract negotiations with vendors and service providers to reduce costs and to assure SLA's are upheld.
- Responsible for managing the network and telecommunications infrastructure, managed department personnel of 25 for I.T., Software Development, Support, Training, QA, Sales, and Marketing, planned daily operations and budgets, hired and disciplined employees, performed evaluations, and enforced policies. Accountable for annual budget of 8.2 million.
- Presented business strategies, budgets, and resource requirements to Advisory Board, partners, and investors to obtain capital. Administered company's intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights, patents, venture capital term sheets, IPO regulations, SOX compliance, and investor/partner agreements.
- Managed infrastructure, software development, marketing, and sales projects, and oversaw tradeshow productions. Experienced in documenting RFP's and negotiating service contracts for software licensing, training, internet/telecom provisions, outsourced/unionized labor, and procurement/purchasing/leasing with major vendors.
- Responsible for a 24x7 technical staff of 20 members providing network services for the production, inventory, and logistics systems by maintaining network infrastructure, including all network related production equipment and robotic machinery. Accountable for an annual budget of 15.5 million.
- Architected and implemented a plant wide LAN/WAN including 100 servers, 700 workstations that supported 400 employees and 70 production lines. Managed a 10 million enterprise-wide project including defining, developing, testing, training, and successfully implementing a paperless drawing/program delivery/version control/ system making a global impact for five plants in three countries.
- Traveled for international training in best practice methodologies, Six Sigma, Kaizen, JIT, ISO, information systems, programming, and production plant layout for expanding operations, production, and facilities, to pass stringent quality assurance audits.
PMP, ITIL, SSBB, MCSE, Microsoft through Windows 8 Server 2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, FTP, MPLS, PRI, SIP, SCCM, SCOM, Unix, Linux, AS/400, MS Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint, SQL, Crystal Reports, IIS, Apache, Exchange, Office365, Gmail, Lotus Notes, Oracle, Backup, Antivirus, Imaging, Visual Studio, C , C , .NET, SOA, ActiveX, Java, Perl, PHP, SAP, JDE, Oracle E-Business, Dynamics, Sage, NetSuite, PeopleSoft, MS CRM, Salesforce, Act , EDI, Cisco IOS, routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, WAN accelerators, HP, Dell, IBM, Data Centers, servers, workstations, laptops, tablets, smartphones, barcode scanners, BYOD, SAN, NAS, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMWare, Hyper-V, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, DMZ, VOIP, UC, PBX, Saas, IaaS, PaaS, UCaaS, QOS, IPSec, MDM, IDS/IPS, DLP, IDM, SIEM, FIM, TACACS, PKI, RSA, ACL RBAC, Endpoint, security tools, etc.