- Software Development: I love being able to develop software to support my customers and coworkers. I am able to leverage the power of VB.Net and C .Net along with Windows Presentation Foundation I have the ability to generate professional, clean, reliable and most importantly, customizable software to meet most any needs my users have. I have become someone who can help people complete any task in a reliable, fast, and efficient manner. My greatest strength is a strong respect, understanding, and passion for software that works how a user expects. I believe that for software to succeed it must 'make sense' to the users. I aim to make my users experience something they enjoy using, software should not create 'different' work it should make less work. I am truly looking for a job that makes use of both my IT background and my passion for Software Development.
- Information Technology: I am a quick learner which has a direct bearing on my abilities to adapt to the ever-changing world of Information Technology. I am by nature a people person. I excel at being able to work with multiple kinds of personalities to solve complex problems. Throughout my career I have often been called on to sell complex ideas to customers and management. My organizational skill coupled with a strong sense of personal responsibility has provided me success in all of my personal and professional endeavors. My good communication skills make me approachable, helpful and understandable. I have an ability to simplify complex systems so that users better understand their technology and how it can benefit them and their organizations. I focus on being a proactive member of my organization. I am here to help people succeed in their jobs. I have planned, purchased, installed, configured, and maintained multiple networks on all levels of an IT department. I have a great deal of experience training users on newly implemented software solutions. From purchase to deployment to maintenance, If it plugs into a network I've almost assuredly played a part in making it work.
- Software:, NFS, NIS, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ethernet, MS Office, MS Exchange, MS FrontPage, Send mail, Netscape, SharePoint Team Services, Open Office, Sophos, Norton Antivirus, Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Apache, Active Gold, Active Client, Norton Ghost, Power Quest, Palm Desktop, Adobe, GNU Image Manipulation Program, Knoppix, Fedora Core, SuSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, K12LTSP, OSX, Devil Linux, Robo Copy, Remedy, WinRAR, Web Mail, Zimbra, RAID, UNIX, Fortress, MSSQL , Access, Fogbugz, Snagit, Protracker Advantage, SalesLogix, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2012, Greenshot, GoogleDrive, Google Graphs, VMWare, ESXi,
- Hardware: Dell Servers, HP Servers, Mac Servers OSX , network storage devices, Raid storage solutions, solid state drives, I/O devices, Blackberry, Complex Audio Systems, Dell printers, HP printers, Xerox printers, Brother printers, Lexmark printers, Projectors, Canon scanners, HP scanners, Fujitsu scanners, Acer laptops, HP laptops, Dell laptops, Toshiba laptops, Gateway laptops, Asus laptops, Averatec laptops,
- Networking: DHCP, RDP DNS, TCP/IP, Linksys wireless routers, Belkin wireless routers, Enterasys wireless routers, SonicWALL, Wireless Labs, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Cisco VPN, 10/l00/1000 Base-T Languages: VB.Net, C .Net, VBA , Perl, HTML, PHP
SAAS Specialist Automation Specialist C .net developer
- Maintained all customer facing software and servers in a high availability environment.
- Supported over 80 software titles used in day to day operations.
- Worked with developers to design and implement enhancements, changes and fixes.
- Directly supported check processing working with the Federal Reserve and our credit union clients to ensure that all check processing from Bank to Bank occurred correctly.
- Responsible for all server upgrades. Tested all customer facing software applications. This often called for generating scripts or small applications to maintain versions across multiple servers.
- Developed C .NET Win Forms based Folder Watcher program to ensure high availability for file processing. This program included a service that would run in the background continuously checking user specified folders and whenever a file was found meeting user defined criteria it would email the organization so someone can login and clear any challenges that the file was facing.
- Developed C .NET Win Forms based Server Launcher program to help organize our support tools into a single application that would serve as the base application for all call center representatives. This tool has saved thousands of man hours by limiting the number of places employees need to go for information. This tool allowed for centralized storage of all supported servers and embedded RDC connections ensuring fast response to any customer support tickets. This application also had the following features : Internal Password Vault, Password Generator, Go To Assist Launcher, Snippet Manager, Internal Application Downloader, Manual Repository, Server Password Changer, Current Version Listing, Phone Directory, as well as various CRM integrations that allowed for fast access to common information that gave instant access to information that before took 5 minutes to retrieve.
- Developed C .NET WPF SQL Based Quality Assurance Tracking Program which allowed for Full, Partial, and Stand Alone testing of an unlimited number of organized test points. This enabled our organization to have a hard coded release process that has created an environment of compliance and has yielded far better code being delivered to clients. This application also had the following features : Organized folder structure allowing for solid integration with the application downloader, Automatic email notification based on team membership, adaptive test library. The administrative team was especially pleased with the metrics reporting area which allows them to know exactly how long after being introduced into Alpha it would take for products to move to Beta and then Production as well as current, weekly, monthly and yearly status reports.
- Developed C .NET WPF Test File creation software that would generate 1 or many sample files to be user in our QA environment. This provided us with a fast way to generate relatively dynamic test files on demand and removed the need to use real world customer data when testing. This was particularly useful when doing stress testing and being able to pin down software and server limitations.
- Developed C .NET WPF SQL SalesLogix front end application to eliminate the need for using the lethargic SalesLogix front end that comes standard. The call center was experiencing extreme slowness of this application due to geographic location so I developed this program to help them enter and resolve support tickets and give them fast access to all of the information that was buried inside the Saleslogix application.
- Developed C .NET WPF based Image Magic Interface which is used in data conversions to ensure consistent file sized and image quality results when importing into eDOC software. This program offered all of the Mass Mogrify features found in Image Magic and saved hundreds of man hours.
- Developed C .NET WPF Sales Team Tracking Application which was designed through collaboration with the sales department to provide fast access to various sales metrics.
Customer Support Department Lead
- In charge of providing customer support to 1100 customers throughout the US and abroad.
- Worked with developers to design and implement enhancements, changes and fixes.
- Preformed hundreds of one on one training sessions to bring customers up to speed on various aspects of the program.
- Worked with customers to ensure they are benefiting from software.
- Maintained all internal equipment.
- Developed C VB.NET Win Forms based sales tracker program that was originally written in access. This application was the backbone of the office and tracked all customer interactions as well as sales records and lead generation.
- Scripted file collection and processing for easy compliance with SEC regulations.
System Administrator Contract
- Responsible for deployment, repair, and maintenance of all computers across the network. Network comprised of 350 pieces of hardware across 50 locations over 3500 square miles.
- Track, implement, and report on security control procedures to insure compliance to DOD / DON / CNRC / and INFOSEC.
- Responsible for maintain budget requirements for Technology and Communication expenditures.
- Maintain and update NRD New England's internet and intranet websites.
Level I/II Technical Phone Support Contract
- Responsible for troubleshooting any software issues guidance councilors and recruiters have with a multitude of software titles deployed by United States Recruiting Command.
- In March after having been with the Customer Service Center for a month and a half I took first place in the monthly contest until I was moved from a phone roll to an assistant role with a strong emphasis on developing out SharePoint site and creating meaningful metrics for use of management.
- Supported over 80 programs that ranged from standard Microsoft programs to those developed in house by USAREC.
- Ran SharePoint intranet site. Developed SharePoint based FAQ's and trained employees on how to utilize SharePoint and make it a part of their everyday tasks.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and development of a network of 120 computers.
- Redesigned entire network from desktop to server, upgrading over 100 computers. Configured new XP professional PCs to work with all network services. Created Group policy's for student and staff logins to prevent users from having trouble with varied local settings.
- Maintained three servers in a mixed operating system environment of 2000, 2003, and Ubuntu Linux. All three servers authenticated against Active Directory. Worked with the SSH and RDP protocols for remote administration and maintenance
- Designed and implemented Sharepoint 2.0 based district website sa. I was charged with creating a district web site that would allow users with security clearance the ability to add web content without using any 3rd party software. My solution was a windows 2003 server with sharepoint 2.0. After personally installing and securing the server I was in charge of overseeing the implementation. I ran staff training for each of the district schools.
- Installed and maintained multiple SQL based programs. Including Sharepoint, Sophos Antivirus, and Renaissance Learning.
- Created a friendly and user minded department while always meeting the needs of the system.
- Maintained SonicWALL internet content filtering system.
- Worked with network services such as DHCP, DNS, IIS, Apache, LTSP and RDP.
- Worked intimately with Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, 2000 server, 2003 server, XP and Linux distribution Ubuntu.
- Worked with software such Office 2003, Open Office, Sophos, Zimbra and many different educational software titles.
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and development of a network of 440 computers.
- Designed and implemented Windows 2000 based district intranet using Sharepoint 1.0. Used sharepoint to develop an online work order system which increased productivity and enabled management to remotely monitor district technicians.
- Implemented and maintained Linux based network monitoring utility Nagios.
- Responsible for training school staff on all programs.
- Taught school computer enrichment program.
- Worked with network services such as DHCP, DNS, and IIS.
- Work with Windows 95, 98, 2000,2000 server NT, XP and Linux distributions Red Hat, Knoppix and Devil-Linux open source software router
- Worked with software such Office 2000, Office XP, Open Office, Norton Antivirus, Web Mail and many different educational software titles.
- Responsible for Linux-based voice over IP development team.
- Implemented an asterisk server Linux based IP to voice gateway solution .
- Part of the tier 2 tech support team.
- Worked with Windows 2000, MAC OS X, and Red Hat 9.
Computer Technician / Tutor
- Organized labs and ensured PC functionality.
- General network maintenance and PC repair.
- Tutored students in all aspects of school focusing on Information Systems technology.
- Ran Cisco labs helping other students practice for practicals that included setting up LANs and WANs and VLANs.