Seasoned systems engineer with multiple certifications MCSE, MCITP Lync 2010, CCNA, CNA, CEH, A and more than Fifteen years of experience progressing from hardware diagnostics to network design, management and security. Expertise includes, Windows 2000 - 2012 Server, remote access, web/mail hosting, security, disaster recovery planning, IP infrastructure, VOIP and Unified Communications.
- Windows Server Administration Wireshark/Ethereal/Netmon
- Cisco Network Administration QOS issues- Latency/Jitter/Packetloss
- OCS Lync 2013 Polycom IP Phones/SIP Soft Phones
- SQL Server Admin Conferencing/Mobility/Collaboration
- VPN/Remote Access VLANS/Switching
- Disaster Recovery Voice and Data Cabling
- VOIP/QOS Exchange 2000 - 2013
- Clustering ISDN/PRI VOIP Gateways
- SIP/RTP/MS RTA Sip Trunking/ITSP Providers
- Load balancing F5 Big IP VM ware/Virtual Server/Hyper V
- Cisco Call Manager/Asterisk/IP PBX TLS/PKI/Certificate Services
Senior Support Escalation Engineer
- As an Escalation engineer for the Microsoft Unified Communications team my primary responsibility is tier 3 support for Premier customers and partners. I support all work flows of OCS, Lync, Exchange UM and Office 365 Cloud solutions.
- As a trusted advisor to the customer, I am able to provide guidance, consulting and troubleshooting for all aspects of Lync including, mobility, voice, video and data collaboration.
- Troubleshooting Real time, Session, conferencing and network protocols
- Advisory and consulting case work for Premier and large enterprise customer topologies
- Internal documentation, debugging and reproduction of customer specific scenarios
Senior Systems Engineer
As a Senior Systems Engineer for the Peak10 Complex Hosting group I am tasked with designing and provisioning highly available Microsoft solutions on a redundant fault tolerant Cisco network infrastructure. Some of the solutions I have implemented include, Exchange cluters, IIS Farms, SQL Clusters, Windows 2008 Terminal Server farms, TS Gateway and TS Web Access, SharePoint, Systems Center Operations Manger, Office Communications Server and Exchange.
Daily Tasks include:
- Application design and implementation SQL, IIS, Exchange, SharePoint, OCS
- Provisioning of HA redundant Cisco infrastructure
- Provisioning of F5 Big IP cluster
- Active Directory/DNS administration and design
- Escalation support of critical services
- Performance monitoring of applications and services
Unified Communications Support Engineer
As a Unified Communications Support Engineer I provided support for Microsoft Professional and Premier Customers on all aspects of their Live Communications Server 2005/Office Communications Server 2007 implementations including, planning, upgrading and systems integration. I have a very broad back ground in design, administration and troubleshooting voice, video and data in enterprise environments.
- Analyze Sip Stack and other client and server log files
- Analyze network traces to debug networking issues
- Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP, routing, load balancing and other network issues
- Troubleshoot Active Directory, GPO and WMI issues
- Resolve performance and application issues
- Troubleshoot PKI problems
- Customer education
- Collaborate with fellow support engineers on complex troubleshooting issues
- An Integrated Marketing/Communications firm.
- Director of Information Technology/IT Consultant
- As the IT Director at Charles Ryan Associates, I designed and implemented the agency's expansive technical network. I worked to maintain and improve communications between regional offices through creative technical solutions. In addition, I introduced an improved business processes to increase information flow and decrease downtime caused by system failures.
- Telecommunications - restructured voice and data networks to achieve 20 cost savings and better information flow. Designed, installed and maintain an IP PBX and Unified Communications system.
- Helpdesk and Call Center Implemented web based helpdesk and call center to effectively route trouble calls.
- Remote user support Implemented OWA, VPN and Active sync to support remote users and increase work place productivity.
Senior Network Engineer
As a Network Engineer for Technology Solutions my main objective is to evaluate the clients existing technologies, to improve the existing or implement new technologies to achieve business efficiency and productivity. As a consultant for Technology Solutions I am involved with every aspect of my clients business and technical needs, my goal is to maximize information and data flow based on their organizational needs.
- Increased Client Productivity Through the use of remote access, hand held devices, web technologies, document imaging and management, disaster recovery plans and security.
- Network Design and Implementation Designed and implemented all types solutions for more than 40 clients, ranging is size from 50 users to 500 users.
- Network Security Including anti-virus, Spam, audits, penetration testing, intrusion detection and group policy.
As a Network Technician for nCompass I diagnosed and maintained networks for several medium size corporations and government agencies. I helped to implement several large local area networks and connectivity solutions. I gained hands on experience troubleshooting CAT 5 cabling, switches, hubs, servers and desktop computers. I worked with Microsoft and Novell in mixed environments. I also gained experienced in NDS and Active Directory design. Working with and troubleshooting TCP/IP and related protocols such as DNS, DHCP and WINS was a daily task. I was involved with large network deployment and workstation Image rollouts. I worked with many top vendors including IBM, Hewlett Packard, Compaq, Microsoft, Novell and Cisco.