INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Proficient in use of most major computer systems, information systems, and word processing applications, including but not limited to:
- Windows 2000 / XP / Vista/ Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003 2008 Mac OS Apple iOS, Microsoft Word MS Outlook Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Altiris Deployment Solutions Symantec Ghost Active Directory PC Anywhere DameWare VNC, Sophos Endpoint Solutions Mcafee HBSS client Eset NOD32 client Microsoft Security Essentials BMC Remedy Action Request System Virtual Box Blue-Ridge VPN client Labstats Cisco Clean Access Network Access Control Spiceworks Symantec Endpoint Protection Server client side Ipad, IPhone
Familiar with the following:
Microsoft Exchange 2010 Unix VMware Workstation Symantec Endpoint Protection client Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer SCCM client School Funds Leave master SharePoint Adobe DreamWeaver Adobe Acrobat Professional Cisco AnyConnect VPN client SonicWall Firewall SonicWall VPN client Quickbooks Wyse Thin-client Macbook
Desktop Support Technician
- Lead systems specialist for offices providing desktop support
- Responsible for resolving complex IT issues concerning user workstations, laptops and software installations issues
- Provide end-user troubleshooting in support of Oracle-based web portal
- Perform basic troubleshooting and configuration changes on Multi-Function printers MFD's
- Provide PC installation, configuration, migration, troubleshooting, system testing and application customization
- Provide IT support using best practices in conjunction with existing policy and procedures within a government infrastructure environment
- Document and track IT assets using the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation process DIACAP
- NIPRnet/SIPRnet imaging, installation, Active Directory management and IA compliance
- Provide information technology system support functions such as workstation administration, bit-locker configuration, encrypted folder migration and group changes
- Provide support for establishing guidelines that counter evolving cyber security threats, performing risk analysis and assessments
- Analyze and respond to software and hardware vulnerabilities identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment scans IAVA
- Documented all significant actions on a weekly monthly basis in Sharepoint intranet site.
Senior Helpdesk/ Desktop Support Technician
- Provide Tier 1,2, and 3 technical support
- Support construction Superintendents Area Managers using iPhones and IPads to connect to in-house BuilderMT workflow portal
- Support office personnel with desktop pc and printer issues.
- Maintain Troubleshoot issues with Exchange, DC, Web, and Application servers.
- Manage Symantec Endpoint Protection console
Technology Support Analyst
- Provide Tier 2 support for students in using the residential network and other DoIT technologies including residence hall computing facilities.
- Manage student employees in supporting student technology issues and ensures that student employees follow policies and that liability is kept to a minimum.
- Provide technical expertise, software and hardware troubleshooting for students, and supervision and assistance to the student employees for the ResNet Support area of Client Services as well as providing an avenue of escalation for special cases and incidents.
- Image workstations using Symantec Ghost
- Provide essential backup support for other full-time student support personnel in Client Services
- Provide on-site technical support of residential networking equipment and connections. In addition, this position is responsible for student computing education initiatives and will give presentations in residence halls to educate students on good computing practices and new technologies relating to education and careers.
- Documents solutions that solve client problems and clearly presents these solutions
- Facilitate Copyright Infringement notices as required per Federal regulations HEOA and DMCA
Computer /Technology Technician
- Troubleshooting/maintaining various types of PC's, printers, wired and wireless network connections, servers, switches and other technology devices on WAN distributed throughout 43 locations
- Troubleshoot, Maintain, Manage the following Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7, and Server 2003
- Prepare/Image PC's using Altiris Deployment Solutions for deployment in Windows Server 2003 domain
- Principle user representative for technology issues provided on-site and remote maintenance using PC- Anywhere, Remote Desktop RDP
- Created and modified troubleshooting documentation using Microsoft Sharepoint intranet site.
- Processed work orders, accountable for all documentation
- Provided Tier 1, 2, and 3 information technology functions such as account administration, network account creation, password changes, group changes, account expiration date changes.
- Provided technical guidance and recommendations to customers concerning hardware and software service purchases
- Assisted Tier 3 with Application, Domain Controller, and NAS server maintenance
- Served as Assistant Sophos Anti-virus Endpoint Security administrator: responsible for server console management, updates, and deployment
- Responsible for building, configuring and deploying print servers
Information Systems Technician E-5
- Supervised and trained 5 personnel
- Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting 170 classified telecommunications circuits
- Maintained inventory control of Top Secret and Secret communications material
- Maintain Satellite and Microwave communications
- Responsible for assisting in the administrating, maintaining and troubleshooting of a Windows NT domain
- Assisted with Server backups
- Responsible for assisting in the administrating, maintaining and troubleshooting of a Unix Based Supply Database System
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with desktop uninterrupted power supplies