I am searching for new opportunities with a great technical team and corporate culture.
I am a results-driven, energetic, technically hands-on leader. I bring over 15 years of success in systems administration management for both small large IT/Operation teams. I also bring a positive, high energy attitude to the workplace and believe strongly in a good work-life balance.
- 15 years in Network Systems Server Virtualization Storage Administration
- 10 Years leading technology teams in FDA SOX regulated fast paced industries
- 10 years IT/Operations, Budget, Planning Cross Functional IT service delivery
Hands-on Administration SME :
- Microsoft, Enterprise LAN WAN, Linux, VMware, Exchange Server
- MDM, COE mobile devices, DR, Backup Systems,
- SAN, NAS, Monitoring, Alerting, Help Desk Support teams, SLA/OLAs, ITIL v3
- Agile processes, SDLC/PMLC, Data Center, Asset and Inventory Management
- Vendor management, deployment and server provisioning
- I take a personal, approach to ensure clear, concise direction of priorities and tasks.
- I Inspire coworkers to attain goals pursue excellence in part by leveraging Agile-KAN BAN methodologies.
- I am solution focused not problem driven. I build bridges and break down barriers between organizations improving morale, employee retention and overall delivery.
- Love family, friends, SciFi, golf not very good but still fun , spy novels, Crossfit, soccer
- Love to give back and help those in need. Throughout the year, I work with my family and non-profits to provide clothing and help with the homeless at various centers.
Software, Operating Systems:
- Server 2003, 2008, 2012 Standard/Enterprise-Clustered, Windows 7/8
- Office 365, 2013, Google Apps, Google Docs
- Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010-Clusters, Office 2013, 2010, 2007, IIS 6/7
- SCCM 2010,2007, End Point Protection, WDS
- Windows Hyper-V, VMware ESX-ESXi 4.x 5.x, VSphere, VConsole,
- Hadoop, Cloudera 3.x, PXE, Kickstart, Spacewalk
- Ubuntu 12.04 TLS, CentOS 6.5
- Symantec BE NB 2012, Trend Micro, McAfee, Veritas, CA, TSM, Networker
Disaster Recovery, Network, Monitoring:
- BCP, Run Books, Syslog, KIWI, SNMP, SMTP, IDS, JIRA,
- Nagios, NConf, RRD, OpsView
- Wiline, Abovenet, NTT, CCI, CEI, InterNap, Keynote, Limelight, Dynect DDNS
- Transit, Transport, BGP, IBX, Metro connects
- DHCP, DDNS, DNS, Active Directory, CA Servers, SMTP, POP3 WINS, TCP/IP
- SMS, WSUS, RIS, NetAPP SMSQL
- Site and client VPN tunnels, Solarwinds, Cacti, SCCM2010
- Nessus, Checkpoint, Sonicwall, Juniper, IDS systems
- Cisco Catalyst 6000 series, 4948 Top of Rack, Foundry Load Balancers
- EMC Data Domain Series, CX Clarion, Navisphere, NetAPP FAS family
- AWS, Glacier, EC2, Amazon S3
- DELL 120PVT, 128PVT, 130PVT, 132T, TL2000 tape libraries
- DAS, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, NetAPP, Open Filer
- UPS APC Matrix 5000, 1000, 2000, 3000 series
- Open Manage, Super Micro Commodity Hardware
- SSDs, PCI-e Flash, Intel, OCZ, Samsung
Team Building, Support Solutions:
- Create MBO projects and goals and perform annual performance reviews
- Proven record on talent retention and building high morale in the workplace
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 processes
- Architect Implement 24x7 Global Support Solution Centers
- Create maintain VPN and Smartphone services
- Create Implement 24X7 support Centers for remote access email, document management systems and more
Operations, Data Centers:
- Cox Data Centers, Roche/Genentech Data Centers,
- Equinix Class A Facilities, SV2, SV4, SV8, AWS, EC2
- DELL, Super Micro, HP, IBM, Compaq RAID arrays
- HP, Compaq Pro Reliant ML530, ML 630, DL360, DL385
- DELL PowerEdge r710, r900, C6X00, m1000, 1950, 2950, 6850,
- DELL 5400, 6400, Foundry Big Iron Family
- Sonicwall, Checkpoint R61, Cisco PIX, ASA
- SIP Trunks, VOIP, Fonality Cloud office
Manager, IT Client Services and Infrastructure
- Manage cross-functional team of 2-8 while performing hands-on administration of >300 windows, Linux, physical virtual machines
- o Provide IT services to >1000 users nationally with >99.999 SLA uptime.
- Provide direction develop strategic plans, and make day-to-day decisions for all IT related services in cooperation with different lines of business
- Oversee an 8 million dollar annual budget across multiple cost centers
- o Consistent delivery on time and on budget in Opex and Capex.
IT Governance Senior Administration:
- Windows 2003/08/12 Std.-Ent., MS SQL 2008 Clusters, Oracle 11i, Centos 6.5, Ubuntu, Nagios, VMWare 5.x, Mobile Iron, TSM, Symantec Net Backup, Veeam, Google/Cloud Apps
- SAN NAS NetApp, EMC, HP3PAR, CIFS, NFS, block storage, DELL HP blades
- Provide 24x7 Level 1-3 helpdesk support services for the business.
- Develop and deliver business technology solutions by utilizing ITIL, PMP, PMM-PMLC, and GMP methodologies.
- Author SLA, SOP, TOP, OML, project Charters, documents and policies
- Architected and delivered 10Gb backbone with Cisco 5K FE 2K components.
- o Increased capacity and performance by 10x while keeping budget flat.
- Architected and delivered new Backup and DR system with EMC Data Domain.
- o Delivered deduplication, compression with True off-site HA. Reduced backup times by 600 and storage requirements by 800
- Architected and deployed multi-tiered, redundant monitoring system.
- o Built in escalations and alerting to designated engineers leveraging Nagios, Check MK, Cacti and Riverbed.
- o Cut down response time and phone calls by 200 .
- Architected and delivered new HW lifecycle management system.
- o Providing at will inventory assessment resulting in 10 reduction in Opex for COE refreshes.
- Developed IT Awareness Program for Site.
- o Includes 2 IT Fairs a year, targeted IT service training to users, targets attacks high impact high value topics from end user surveys.
- Increased overall IT Service satisfaction by 25 site wide. Now have 99 favorable to very favorable rating.
- Established Agile project and task management system through JIRA.
- o Providing clear roadmaps, deliveries and due dates. Enabling >95 on time roadmap delivery.
IT Director, Technical Operations
- Lead Technical Operations team of 8 Including System, Network, Database and Linux Engineers while performing hands-on administration across multiple data centers and 100s of systems.
- Responsible for multi node, DDNS vertical advertising Production platform.
- o Serving over 7 billion impressions advertisements a month.
- Support over 700 windows, Linux, physical virtual machines across the US.
- o Windows 2008 R2 64bit Std.-Ent., MS SQL 2008 Clusters, Centos 5-6.3, Ubuntu 12.04, Nagios, Big Data Hadoop Clusters, ensure 99.99999 uptime
- Established new Support systems providing:
- o Level 1, 2, and 3 support, 24x7x365 coverage with 15 minute response time.
- o Improved productivity by 300 between Operations and Engineering by creating new ITIL type processes and building team morale.
- Architected new Virtual and physical backup and data archive systems:
- o Leveraging, VMware, Trilead, Symantec Backup Exec 2012, AWS, and Glacier providing, immediate backup, movement and restore functions of any server to any host physical or virtual within any CDS location.
- Led team in multiple cost saving efforts:
- o CoLo Data Center relocation resulted in zero data loss and 500,000/year
IT Manager, Senior Systems Administrator
- Managed IT/Technical Operations team of 4 System Administrators.
- Responsible for planning and decision making of all IT related services and systems.
- Supported Billion dollar/year revenue generating Traffic Billing infrastructures
- o Customers include: Comcast, Time Warner, Charter Media, Liberty Media
- Ensure high availability of IT resources for QA, Dev, Sales, Product support teams
- o Support 250 end users utilizing internal resources via, VPN, LAN, WAN
- Project planned and executed major upgrades of Fortune 100 Company's traffic and billing systems. Leveraging Multi Node Oracle 10G RAC, EMC SANs VMware
- o Resulted in 100 success rate and Zero downtime
- Redesigned Upgraded Internal Network Topology Security Encompassing 200 servers, 10 subnets, 40 Site to Site VPN tunnels in over 25 cities
- Upgraded Exchange 2000 Migrated users to Exchange 2003 environment
- o Completed with zero downtime to end users
- Designed deployed new VPN solution
- o Increased uptime by 500 performance by 300
- Created maintain Disaster recovery Images for servers workstations
- o Allows for full system Recovery in less than 30 minutes
- Designed implemented standardized pc server images
- o Allows for a fast backup redeployment in less than 1 hour
IT Help Desk Manager, Senior Systems Administrator
- Intransa designed one of the first IP-Based iSCSI San Solutions.
- Managed team of 3 engineers, 2 Senior Network Engineers 1 DBA supporting 350 end users on 4 different continents.
- Administrated managed LAN/WAN connectivity on 4 continents 9 cities globally 190 Windows Servers, 3 Exchange 2003 servers, including 2 Active-Passive Clusters 150 users Globally, Report Directly to the V.P. of IT.
- Redesigned Upgraded Network Topology Security Encompassing 50 servers, 50 subnets, 7 VPN tunnels networks on 4 continents.
- Rebuilt implemented Exchange 2003 Cluster with Intranet Internet OWA access, working in a Front-end/backend email configuration.
- Designed, Tested Implemented automated, emergency shutdown system
- o Allows safe unattended, shutdown of 15 servers, switches routers, while still providing email alert notification.
- Administrated, maintained Local Wide Area Networks 350 users, two countries
- Implemented Network Security, Monitor troubleshoot Servers local or remote
- Plan build server-class HW
- 24 hr. on-call for critical servers issues i.e. Exchange all hardware
- End User support for Software Hardware
- Provide phone support to end users for all computer issues
- Design Maintain logical network topologies
- Physical relocation of entire Network from COLO to new building
- o Finished in 10 hours with 100 connectivity functionality
- Configured Maintain Blackberry Enterprise Server for Global Sales force
- Deployed trained global end-users on blackberry 7280
- Designed Built Redundant server switch configuration hosting new ERP CRM system. No single point of failure
- Migrated NT domains to Windows 2K/2K3 networks
- active directory failures meta base cleanup
- Migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000/2003
- Manage projects train helpdesk staff