- I am an Incorporated Network Engineer / Administrator seeking a contract or full time position.
- SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS: More than 14 years of IT experience in Consulting, Technical Lead, and Support roles, in a wide range of environments and projects including hosted data center, managed services, corporate, and retail. Proven experience in network architecture, network security, network administration, customer facing, vendor relations, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, troubleshooting, and documentation. Active team player consistently establish excellent professional relationships.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Operating Systems Red Hat Linux, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server/Professional, Windows XP Professional, Windows NT 4.0 Server/Workstation, Windows 95/98/ME, DOS, Cisco IOS, Force 10 OS Network Hardware Cisco routers, Cisco firewalls, Cisco switches, Cisco IPS, Cisco wireless, Force 10 switches, Juniper firewalls, Sonicwall firewalls, F5 BIG IP, Tipping point IPS, Mazu Profiler and Mazu Sensors, EMC SAN, EMC NAS, 3PAR SAN, Dell Eqaullogic Other Software, Protocols, and Hardware Active Directory, Exchange 5.5/2000/2003/2008,Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Avaya Site Administration, Avaya Modular Messaging, 802.11A/B/G/N TCPdump, Wireshark, Websense, IBM Servers, Dell Servers, HP Servers, VPN, VOIP, TCP/IP, IPSEC, SSL, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Frame Relay, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, Spanning Tree, Etherchannel, VSS, VPC, VLT, Terminal Server, Veritas Backup Exec,Veritas Netbackup, EMC Replistor, What's Up Gold, Solar Winds Network Management, Altiris, Vmware, Network cabling, Visio, Nessus, Redhat KVM, Openwave Email Mx
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR / OPERATIONS MANAGER Designed, deployed, and configured large hosted network email platforms for ISP's globally including Bell Aliant, and Virgin Media. Assist in architecting Messaging platforms for hosted RFP's ranging from 100K to 10M subscriber base for sales teams to present to customers. Vendor relations -- Establish strong relations with network hardware and server vendors and work with them to obtain pricing and determine solutions which meet customer and company needs. Perform quarterly network security penetration scans and provide vulnerability reports to management to improve security and assist in security compliance. Perform network administration and change management tasks for customer platforms on servers, storage, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, and IPS/IDS. Provide 24/7 remote email application and network support to hosted and managed service customers globally and work on-call rotation. Have created several internal and external customer facing technical documents and network diagrams.
- BERKELEY TOWNSHIP BOARD OF EDUCATION Technical lead for PCI DSS compliancy project coordinating and working on a wide range of network security tasks including: network design, access controls, log monitoring, patch management, network segregation, and security policies. Assisted in migration of the corporate and store VOIP phone system from Avaya to Cisco, created documentation and training materials for technical partners and end users. Improved network security and monitoring by researching, architecting, and implementing Tipping Point Intrusion Prevention System and Riverbed Network Profiler. Setup and maintain EMC Storage Area Network and EMC Avamar Backup to provide secure storage and backup of all company data. Increased network uptime by implementing alerting software and failover hardware for critical devices including, core switch, firewall, and VPN concentrator. Acted as a technical lead for many major projects including setting up of new MPLS VPN network, Active Directory and Exchange 2003 migration, IOS upgrade of all Cisco routers and switches, and DST 2006. NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR Confidential
- Manage and support all routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and servers at the corporate office, two remote branch offices, hot site, and 115 POS locations. Created and implemented disaster recovery plans and procedures, which included a hot site for mission critical applications. Responsible for quality assurance within the IT department to ensure procedures and processes are followed by all employees. Designed and implemented the Active Directory structure and Group Policy security settings and migrated email servers from Exchange 5.5 to 2000. Project manager for major projects including migrating legacy payment processing WAN from X.25 to IP, and RSA keys for remote users. NETWORK CONSULTANT/TECHNICAL LEAD Confidential
- trained technical partners across New York New- Jersey, performed technical development, supervised 5 technicians, and acted as project manager when needed. Active Directory network, RF 802.11b technology, and over 200 sites. Installed, configured, and monitored secure VPN solutions using Cisco and Netopia routers. Successfully installed Active Directory, and Exchange 2000 Server for 7 organizations. Provided onsite and telephone support to customers throughout the world for network, server, and application issues. Administered Windows 2000 and Windows NT domains for small to large sized businesses.