- Over 14 years of experience working as Messaging Engineer handling all different versions of Exchange Mail servers 5.5/2000/2003/2007 and Windows Active Directory 2000/2003. Also have 3 years of experience in installing, configuring and administering Exchange 2010 mail servers along with Exchange 2007/Exchange 2003 in a large environment comprising of over 375,000 users and having 4 TB Public folders.
- Exchange System Architect with
- Proven expertise in Support and Migration of user mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. Also has expertise in building/configuring the infrastructure build comprising of Client Access servers CAS , Hub Transport servers HT and Mailbox servers MB using latest Exchange 2010 DAG Technology for rolling out Exchange 2010 in Production environment.
- Proven expertise in setting up DAG on a 9 node Cluster thereby providing high availability and site resiliency to end users with no downtime in Production.
- Expertise in performing the OWA Outlook Web Access Transition from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010.
- Expertise in creating PowerShell scripts using Exchange Management shell when required for performing the required administration tasks on the Exchange 2010 servers.
- Expertise in performing the Hub Transport Transition from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 thereby doing the decommission tasks for the Exchange 2007 Hub Transport servers.
- Expertise in installing and configuring Exchange 2013 on Windows 2008 R2
- Hands-on experience in performing migrations from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 for user mailboxes and Public folder migrations from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007.
- Proven Expertise in performing the migrations for shared mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and also Application mailboxes using Pop3.
- Proven expertise in Support and Migration of Exchange 5.5 to 2000/2003 and Exchange 2000/2003 to Exchange 2007 and Windows Active Directory 2000/2003/2008 for Microsoft customers and troubleshooting their day to day Exchange Mail server's issues from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003 to Exchange 2007.
- Ability in planning, executing and sustaining Active Directory sites and Exchange 2000/2003/ 2007/2010 mail servers.
- Proficiency in setting up Multiple Exchange 2000/2003 servers in native mode and mixed mode environments and resolving problems quickly with minimum downtime in Production.
- Proven expertise in design and implementation of Computer Networks and performing required System /Network Administration tasks.
- Managed IT Infrastructure for critical application network environment with well-defined service SLAs.
- Adept in working with cross functional teams, Third party vendors/consultants to achieve results under time constrained situations.
- Experience in an outsourced environment handling operational issues, escalation management, Change Management and Resource Management.
- Hands on experience with Cisco catalyst Switches 6500 Series and Cisco Routers 2500 Series. Ability to configure the Cisco devices.
- Good interpersonal skills that facilitate in building strong team environments.
- Currently working on a Mergers and Acquisition Project to migrate the acquired company's Messaging platform from Gmail to Exchange
- Prepare the roadmap for planning a successful Merger and Acquisition for the McGraw-Hill Client
- Work on providing the guidelines for doing the Merger tasks and also providing documentation to the newly acquired Company
- Create Outlook profile for the new users and pointing their profile to their Gmail account to pull up their data from Gmail using IMAP and exporting it to outlook pst
- Copy the outlook pst locally to the physical EV server and then import the pst to Enterprise Vault
- Prepare the spreadsheet to keep track of all the required tasks
- Validate the users are able to access their old emails using outlook from the McGraw-Hill environment
- Finally point their MX record to point to the McGraw-Hill environment so as to decommission their old infrastructure
- Also Working on a Migration Project to move the McGraw-Hill Education firm from Exchange 2007 to Office 365
- Exposing one of the Exchange 2007 CAS servers to the internet using external name space for access using OWA from Office 365 environment during coexistence period
- Creating linked test mailboxes for Microsoft to perform their benchmark testing for Office 365
- Working on creating a script to do the automation tasks for creating over 900 linked test mailboxes on the current Exchange 2007 servers and also populate them with data
- Work with Microsoft Team on the Pilot migration and Prod migrations
- Also working on migrating the newly acquired firm from current Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2007 McGraw-Hill environment
- Perform the Build tasks on the new Exchange 2007 servers for the Project
- Work on running Jet stress on the new Mailbox servers which will be used to build the Exchange 2007 CCR on EMC SAM storage to validate the SAN storage is performing as expected
- Perform the required tests to do the functionality testing and confirm that the new built servers are ready for hosting users
- Perform the Migration tasks for moving the users from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2007 in a cross forest environment
- Finally work on doing the decommissioning tasks on the Exchange 2010 servers
- Performing the day to day Exchange related BAU tasks and also assisting the offshore teams in resolving user related issues
Lead Exchange Architect
- I worked as Lead Exchange Architect for an Exchange Project which is to migrate from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010.
- Project Scope:
- The scope of this Project was to successfully upgrade the existing environment of Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 which included Designing Design solutions for upgrade, Implementation plan, Design documentation, Build doc documentation and provide assistance to the Migration team in migrating first 5000 users to the new Exchange 2010 servers. Total mailboxes to be migrated was 45000 and Public folders to be migrated was 85GB.
- Reviewed existing Exchange 2003 environment and work on Designing the right Design solution for the upgrade from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Worked with EMC and finalized the storage requirements for the upgrade Project
- Prepared the required Design documentations with various Design options per the Client's requirements
- Prepared a High level Design doc to present to the Senior Management for making the right Design solution for the Upgrade
- Created a Reference doc named Master doc with full details of Exchange 2010 server concepts
- Worked with the Messaging Team and finalized the BOM Build of material requirements for the Project which included server hardware specs, SAN disks, F5 Load Balancers, SAN certs etc.
- Created the Implementation plan for the Upgrade Project
- Built the Test lab for Exchange 2010, perform the required testing tasks and then create a Reference Build doc which will be used by the Messaging Team for building servers in future
- Assisted the Messaging Team in building a DAG setup for providing High availability and site resiliency without downtime in production
- Created the Test plans for testing the full functionality of the servers and submitted the same to Messaging team
- Worked with the Project Manager and updated the Project timelines with Target end dates for each deliverable
- Assisted the Messaging team in performing the Pilot migration, Bulk migration of 5000 users and Public folder Migration
- Acted as Escalation Lead during Migration to assist Messaging team with any issues due to Migration
- Created Powershell scripts for getting count of VIP users having wrong free/busy time information and also for assigning full mailbox permissions to Exchange Admins on all mailboxes
- Provided Production support to resolve any issues caused due to the migration
- Assisted the Messaging teams in doing the Transition tasks i.e. Moving Outlook Web Access 2003 to Outlook Web Access 2010, Configuring the send/receive connectors to receive inbound/outbound emails.
- Created a Continuity of Business COB doc for supporting disaster recovery scenarios
- Created a Decommission doc for successfully doing the decommission for the Exchange 2003 servers
- Created a final Visio diagram of the new environment with all details and submit it to Messaging team
Environment: Exchange 2003, Exchange 2010,Windows 2003 Dc's , Windows 2008 Dc's ,Mailbox servers, Client access servers and Hub Transport servers, Iron Port servers, UAG servers, F5 Load Balancers, Symantec Mail Security for Exchange, Symantec End point protection, Blackberry 5.0, Netbackup
Global Messaging Project Lead
I am currently working as Global Messaging Project Lead for the Mailbox Unlimited 2.0 Upgrade Project
- The 1st phase of rollout was to complete the full Mailbox migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 for North America Region, EMEA Region London and Frankfurt and APAC Region Singapore and Hong Kong
- Review the different Designs handed over by Messaging Engineering Team to perform the Infrastructure upgrade in Citi and provide them with the feedback to modify any documents if required based on the Production environment.
- Plan the Build and Migration strategy for the rollout of Exchange 2010 in the Regions specified above.
- Perform the required UAT User acceptance Testing before doing the Production rollout.
- Built the 1st Infrastructure phase called Feature preview environment and then migrated the Messaging team and some Business users to new Feature preview environment.
- Manage the Infrastructure build of 385 new Exchange 2010 servers comprising of Client Access servers, Hub Transport servers and Mailbox servers.
- Plan the build schedule for the Infrastructure build-out and assign resources in completing the required Build Tasks for the actual Production rollout.
- The Server Builds for Exchange 2010 servers were automated using Exchange PowerShell scripting. There were PowerShell scripts created for doing the configuration tasks for the various server roles such as Client access, Hub Transport and Mailbox roles. The scripts were fully automated to include all the required configurations so that no manual intervention was required.
- Prepare the required Exchange 2010 Build PCM's Product Control manuals for performing the required Build Tasks for the Team members
- Work on Training the resources in performing the required Build Tasks to build the required 385 servers for rolling out in Production.
- Work with the Project Managers PMO and prepare the required Project plan to track various Milestones for the Project.
- Supervise the resources in their day to day tasks with the Infrastructure builds and Migrations and ensure that they are able to meet the desired targets as per the set deliverable dates.
- Work with the LB Load Balancer team to configure the Client access servers as CAS Arrays on the F5 LB devices.
- Perform the CAS/OWA Transition to move from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010.
- Maintain an Internal Build schedule for the Project and provide weekly report to Manager on the Build status.
- Work as escalation point of contact for resolving Production issues.
- Completed the Build of Feature preview environment of Exchange 2010 using the latest Exchange DAG technology with site resiliency without any downtime in Production for end users by providing 99.9 service reliability.
- Completed successfully the Pilot migration for all North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific Regions.
- Completed the CAS/OWA Transition in both North America and Asia Pacific APAC Region to move OWA from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010.
- Completed the Internet Hub Transport Transition for Exchange 2010 so as to decommission Exchange 2007 Internet Hub Transport servers.
- Completed successfully the build of 291 Exchange 2010 servers with minimal impact to Production.
- 150,000 users migrated out of 200,270 users to Exchange 2010 for Phase1 rollout of the Mailbox unlimited 2.0 Project.
- Plan, implement and perform the Mailbox and Public folder migration from Exchange 2000/2003 to Exchange 2007 for all the Citi group regions i.e. NAM North America . Japan, EMEA Europe , APAC Asia Pacific and LATAM Latin America .
- Assisted in resolving the issues that arose after the Migration of Mailboxes and PF's.
- Provided resolution to all the issues encountered during the mailbox and PF migration and then wrote knowledge base articles internal kb's for future reference.
- Provided Migration Training to all the Migration team members in all the Regions and also got them up to speed with the Migration process for migrating both mailboxes and PF's.
- Planned and prepared the Migration strategy for the mailbox and PF migration for EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
- Worked on the configuration management using ECM software and then create the rules and templates for validating all the Citi bank hardware and the different spac configurations of all servers.
- Worked on Capacity management by generating server utilization reports, large size mailbox reports and capacity charts. Completed successfully NAM and Japan regions.
- Project closure achieved per Plan of Record resulting in
- 99.9 service reliability in NAM region with no downtime because successful migration to Exchange 2007 for both user mailboxes and Public folders.
- 375,000 Mailboxes successfully from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 migrated with the target time and successful completion with 100 success ratio.
- 2600 Generic mailboxes shared and application migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 with 100 success ratio.
- 4 TB of PF's migrated within 4 months with full cleanup providing 99.9 service reliability.
- Creating Rules and Templates for Configuration management using ECM software helped in reducing the time taken for manual overhead for validating the hardware and spac configurations. Environment: Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2010,Windows 2003 Dc's , Windows 2008 Dc's and Member servers, Mailbox servers, Client access servers and Hub Transport servers
- Design, implement and sustain the roll out of New Exchange 2007 CCR, including
- Prepare Project plan for Domain Upgrade and create Exchange 2007 Architecture document explaining benefits of Exchange 2007.
- Upgrade existing Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 Server environment including installation of 3 additional Windows 2008 64 bit Domain Controllers 1 Parent and 2 Child domains .
- Migrate Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 Server SP1 CCR cluster on Windows 2008 Failover Cluster.
- Install 2 additional servers performing Hub Transport and Client Server roles
- Upgrade the current SMS 2003 for pushing updates to user's desktops by implementing SCCM System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
- Project closure achieved per Plan of Record resulting in
- 99.9 service reliability with no downtime because of the Windows 2008 Fail-over Exchange 2007 CCR cluster setup.
- 1200 Mailboxes successfully migrated in time based on the Time schedule to the new Exchange 2007 CCR cluster.
- Redundancy achieved by implementing CCR cluster for Exchange 2007.
- Increased employee productivity resulting in cost savings of 5M USD/yr based on Sound Transit CFO quarterly projections.
Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007, Windows 2003 Dc's and Member servers, Windows 2008 Dc's, Cisco Routers and switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Iron Port spam filter, Windows 2008 Fail-over Cluster and BES 4.1 server
- Design, execute and sustain the upgrade of stand alone Exchange servers to Exchange 2003 Cluster in 11 sites spread across USA. Specific tasks include
- Monitor the Server Performance using Spotlight for Exchange.
- Migrate the users mailboxes to the new Exchange 2003 Cluster.
- Resolve all users issues with EFax servers like XMedius and Esker servers.
- 2 sites Memphis and Docklands successfully migrated to the new Exchange 2003 cluster ahead of Plan of Record, resulting in reduced resource expenses.
- Email alerts configured using Spotlight for Exchange for notifying issues that occur everyday by setting alerts for free disk space, send/receive queue size and for Exchange services.
- Provided 99.9 reliability without downtime in Production during Migration to other sites.
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Dc's and Member servers, Windows 2003 Cluster server, Checkpoint Firewall, ISA Firewall and Barracuda Spam filter
Sr. Exchange Administrator Consultant
- Provide 24x7 support for Microsoft Customers globally and resolve all their Exchange 5.5/2000/2003/2007 server issues through RDP including:
- Handle all Level 3 Tier support calls and Escalation calls.
- Install and configure Exchange 2003 clusters for Microsoft customers.
- Assist in Mailbox Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, Exchange 2000/2003 to Exchange 2007.
- Install and configure Exchange 2007 stand alone servers and configure Exchange 2007 CCR clusters.
- Configure LCR Local continuous replication on Storage groups.
- Create RGC Routing Group connector for mail flow between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 servers.
- Create send-connector for sending mails to Internet.
- Assist MS customers in recovery of emails via BackUp and Restore strategies.
- Resolve all Mail flow issues on the Exchange servers and also resolve Performance issues and Virtual Memory Fragmentation issues.
- Resolve all Store issues, PF issues , Schedule free/busy and OAB issues of Microsoft customers.
- Resolve all Anti virus Symantec, ETrust and MacAfee issues related to Exchange causing issues with Inbound mail flow.
- Solution object created for Offline address book OAB became Public KB. Kb no: 922255
- 4 Solution Objects created for issues with System attendant, Offline address book, Add send as and Installation setup errors on Exchange 2000/2003 servers
Sr. Exchange Engineer
- Perform Maintenance and Administration of Exchange servers, Citrix server, Legato Backup servers, SDE server etc.
- Perform Backups and Restores using Legato and Windows NT Backup to recover users mail
- Installing and configuring Business applications like Business Objects 5.1, Pacer, Omni safe, PI process book etc.
- Resolving all day to day support calls related to Citrix, MS Outlook 2000/2003 and different Business applications.
- Installation, configuration, and day to day support of Network Laser Printers.
- Performed Migration of the current printers from NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 Active directory.
Exchange 5.5/2000, Windows NT 4.0 domain, Windows 2000 Active directory, Microsoft Win95/98/2000 and MS Windows XP workstations
- Maintain and administer the Windows NT 4.0 environment of 50 IBM servers and workstations, Exchange server 5.5.
- Resolve all desktop issues of users and configure MS Proxy 2.0 server for sharing internet connection.
- Configuring Mailboxes on Exchange 5.5 and assigning appropriate permissions to groups.
- Perform Backups and Restores to recover users deleted mails.
- Maintain and administer network environment of NT 4.0 and Novell Netware 3.12/4.11.