- 12 years of strong experience in developing and managing IT Systems design, development and implementation of systems of varying sizes . In my 15 years of experience, was involved in the, conceptualization, planning, design, development, Testing and implementation of systems in different platforms. Proven knowledge and experience in Systems Administration on Windows and Linux platforms. Experience in Network design and Management. Extensive experience in web development on Dreamweaver, Drupal, Wordpress, Dot Net Nuke DNN etc., Managed Information technology projects in United Nations programs.
- 1 WEBSPHERE ADMINISTRATION: Experience in IBM middleware - Websphere administration, Integration. Extensive experience in deployment and management of enterprise applications using Websphere Application server 6.0.x/6.1.x/7.0x/8.x in different environments Linux SuSE, Ubuntu, Redhat from 5.2 to 9, Solaris, AIX , Windows, JACL, TCL, XMLConfig, Workload Management WLM , Websphere Process Server, Websphere Business Modeler, Websphere Business Monitor, Websphere MQ v7.0, Websphere Portal Server 6.1, Webserver, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Troubleshooting, JMS, Tomcat 4.0, Apache, WMQ 6.0/5.3,WSAD,Oracle 9i/10g, IBM DB2 8.2.x, SQLServer 2005 and strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture SOA .
- Expertise in J2EE Application Deployment, software installation, maintenance, fixes upgrades, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Web-Sphere Application server 5.1.x/6.0.2.x/6.1.x/7.x/8.x v on multiplatform SUN Solaris, AIX, Linux , Windows environment.
- Web server setup, including complex secure sockets layer SSL configuration on IHS and Apache using both hardware and software certs.
- Expertise in using WSAdmin, JACL and Jython scripting.
- Installations, Deployments, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Tuning JBOSS 4.0.2 in Dev/QA/Prod environments.
- Experienced in DNS, LDAP, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management and System Troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced in configuration of cells, nodes, clustering application servers, virtual hosts, session management, configuring web server plug-ins, IBM HTTP Server, Apache.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Solid experience in implementing Workload Management WLM and failover using Vertical/horizontal clustering to achieve High Availability.
- In-depth knowledge in creating automated Administrative tasks using JCAL/Jython, Shell scripts.
- Installing and Configured JBOSS servers in development stage.
- Hands on experience in migrating resident configuration and applications from Portal V5.1 to Portal V22.214.171.124.
2 DATABASE ADMINISTRATION ORACLE, MS-SQL, MySQL, SYBASE, DB2 :
- Experience in installing configuring Oracle 10g 11g and the middleware such as Weblogic, WebCenter and other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Experience in planning and implementing backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Experience in migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle and also implementing and enforcing security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Expertise in database re-organization to ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Experience in installing and maintaining MS-SQL databases
- Expertise in developing effective control access permissions and privileges
- Expertise in Developing and managing, maintaining and test backup and recovery plans as well as capacity Planning, data management.
- proficient in designing reports and query tools and creating database and security standards for MS-SQL Server environments
- Proficient in developing stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and views in an application development environment.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relational structures including backup/recovery and log shipping procedures.
- I have a hands-on experience and knowledge
- In Designing, creating and implementing MySQL database environments including HA and replication setups.
- With MySQL Clustering configuration, setup and maintenance.
- With High Availability MySQL environments.
- Using PERL for database maintenance and interaction.
- Using and configuring NoSQL environments MongoDB, etc .
- With SQLite design, configuration, tuning and consolidation databases
- Design and tune new tables, databases and environments for both existing environments and new work.
- Monitoring and supporting current and future environments.
NETWORK MANAGEMENT -TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, VPN,
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Network infrastructure.
- Networking - Configuration and management of QoS across LAN/WAN
- Wireless WiFi equipment with such equipment as Ruckus, Cisco, Netgear and other technologies
- Expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications
- Expertise in IP networking - Experience configuring routing protocols and application transport and network infrastructure protocols SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP,WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD ,
- Experience with server virtualization VMware , Linux and Windows Systems,
- Good understanding of VoIP networks and infrastructure
Experience in the Design and development of web sites and web applications using tools like DotNetNuke DNN , Drupal, Joomla, WP Dreamweaver, etc
IT PROJECTS MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTING
Extensive experience in leading and managing IT projects of various sizes
Title: Systems Consultant
- Administering WebSphere Application Server environment
- In this position my Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, configuration, tuning, deployment, and troubleshooting Websphere server Environment for clients,
- Provide Consultation to client on WebSphere architecture and regularly interface with developers, network engineers, security and UNIX s/a.
- Automate build/ deploying Ear, War, Jar files.
- Provide on call support to clients on Database administration that run on Oracle 10g -11g and MS-SQL in such operations as Database backup/restore operations, Performance monitoring, Replication etc.
- Manage web portals for clients from overseas, who host their web servers in Data centers around New York/New Jersey areas,
- Assist in installation and configuration of various servers such as WAS application servers, Security servers, commerce servers,
- I Installed and configured 7.0/6.1 version of WebSphere Application Server, IHS and WebLogic 10g in development, staging and production environments particularly:-
- Support WebSphere on Red Hat Linux, SuSE Linux and Ubuntu, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows NT Server, AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris.
- Install/upgrade, configure and support WebSphere Application Server 7.0x/6.1x.
- Install/upgrade, configure and support WebLogic 10g.
- Designed topology for new WebSphere 126.96.36.199 installations and WebLogic Server 10g
- Created and setup new WebSphere Application Servers in a clustered environment.
- Deployed new Enterprise J2EE applications in the shared WAS environment
- Installations, Deployments, Maintance, Troubleshooting, Tuning JBOSS 4.0.2 in Dev/QA/Prod environments
- Configuration of new IHS Web Servers and Virtual Hosts.
- Setup of the new Application work area. Created deploy scripts for Dev/Test/Stage and Production
- Creation of data sources for the applications involving DB2, Sybase, Oracle.
- Applied fix packs and upgraded WAS5, WebLogic 10g and WAS Databases
TITLE: Portal Server Administration consultant
- Provided support to client in the installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade of Websphere Portal Server in clustered environment on IBM AIX systems.
- Installed Portal Server on the AIX Cell/Node .
- Installation, maintenance, Deployment J2EE Application fixes upgrades, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of Websphere Application server ND 6.1. Configure the Resource Adapters CTG, File Adapter .
- Provided on call support to install and configure of HTTP servers, DB2, and WebSphere Edge Components and WebSphere Portal within an overall SOA architecture.
- Set up WebSphere Global Security for access to the adminconsole.
- Configure the HTTP Server for various clustered application servers using virtual hosting and enabling SSL security.
- Provide support in Analyzing, Troubleshooting and taking appropriate actions for Application/Web server errors and logs using Web Sphere Log Analyzer tool.
- Administered Websphere portal server on Unix and Windows platforms and provided support to achieve core functionality for implementing SOA Service oriented Architecture .
- Well versed and hands on experience in securing administrative server using Authentication, Authorization, Single Sign on, LTPA, User registry
- Installed, configured and administered JBOSS 4.2/5., and Tivoli Identity Manager w.r.t Web Sphere Application Server ND.
- Configured the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management including horizontal clustering and vertical clustering
- Set up integrated security access to IBM WebSphere Portal and Single Sign-On to other applications
- Administered WebSphere Portal application, which includes configuration, clustering, administration, performance tuning.
- Set up Nodes, Data-sources, Virtual Hosts, and configuring Session Management
- Windows Systems administration: this includes such tasks as User administration setup and maintaining accounts Maintaining system-Verifying peripherals are working properly Monitor system performance Create file systems update Install software provide backup and recovery
- Implement Knowledge Information management solutions to support the center's activities
- Develop databases, websites to facilitate effective dissemination of information on Research and Development. Tools used in this organization are MS-SQL, Oracle for Database development, DotNetNuke for the front end web development
- Configure setup and Manage Center's Web-Portal
Initiative Manager and Lead IT Manager
- Conceptualized and developed an internet based Press-Newsroom that enables the reporting, news collection and editing a print media. This is a Newsroom Management System that is a versatile collaborative System custom designed to network reporters, editors and design specialists in distributed locations, allowing them to share news items through work flows, and communicate individually and collectively as they could do the same within a physical newsroom environment. This system facilitates rapid, simultaneous coverage of regional news events and thus guarantees timeliness in reporting and publishing, providing a virtual newsroom workplace for our reporters and editorial staff in multiple countries.
- I developed and manage the portal for the company and work closely with other media agencies to enhance the system.
Information Technology officer
- Managed IT projects that were sponsored by the UNESCO-IICBA,
- Established Information resources centers, Data centers, and TeleKiosks.
- Developed Databases using MS-SQL as back-end and Visual Basic and Dreamweaver front-end.
- Developed electronic libraries and disseminate them through CDs websites and satellite based radio network and Tele-kiosks.
- Design and implement Local Area Networks LAN over TCP/IP networks, and design web portals and maintain websites, email-servers.
- Developed and manage multi- million dollar project funded by the UNDP and implemented by the FAO to study and developed framework for Wide-Area information networks.
- Coordinate group of systems analysts, network/telecom engineers and programmers, Statisticians to undertake the study, design, development and implementation of National Agricultural Information and Early warning system.
- Develop budget database structure and schema for complete development of the system
- Lead the Development of Client server applications and Databases on MS-SQL and Oracle as the backend engines and VB for the front end.
- Lead Design and implementation of Local and Wide Area Networks.
Database development Consultant- MS-SQL ORACLE
- Design, development and implementation of Industrial and Trade Resources Information System: a system that records, processes and produces industrial and trade statistical data to monitor industrial development activities in member countries on Oracle as a backend and front end application on Visual Basic C .
- Made a detailed study and developed a framework for the development of monitoring systems, Developed Conceptual framework for the development and improvement of Agricultural databases for in selected countries,
- 3Responsible for the migration of 25 years old statistical data on Africa from an outdated HP mainframe to AS 400 servers