- Demonstrated success managing small to large networks, diagnosing and resolving network issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven experience working in deadline-oriented, fast-paced environments.
- Fourteen years of Information Technology experience in various support positions, with excellent ability to diagnose all levels of trouble tickets.
- Provide daily support for United Technologies' corporate network
- Manage Layer 2 and Layer 3 hardware installations to keep in compliance with 5-year refresh cycle schedule
- Plan, schedule and execute network project implementations at all UTC Corporate sites
- Successfully managed a large-scale edge switch upgrade project, consisting of 50 network closets with Cisco 3750 switch stacks and Cisco 4500 switches/routers. Project completed 3 months ahead of schedule.
- Provide daily network support for 5000 internal employees across a myriad of hardware systems for the Hartford Healthcare system, including Hartford Hospital, The Hospital of Central CT, Backus, and Midstate.
- Research, plan, and implement new network hardware throughout Hartford Healthcare and its affiliate hospitals including routing, switching, and IP phone equipment and their related fiber and copper cabling.
- Oversee network equipment upgrades including IOS and configuration changes.
- Manage Enterprise Intrusion Detection Systems on Cisco ASA and Checkpoint firewall platforms.
- Provide daily senior-level support for internal employees across all desktop PC platforms.
- Manage projects for new software and hardware deployments, as well as other senior-level tasks such as AD administration.
Information Systems Specialist
- Provision computers by installing and configuring multiple applications, maintaining systems to IS standards, and installing computer equipment in users' offices.
- Respond to daily user requests for hardware and software support.
Computer Systems Specialist
- Setup, configure, and distribute new hardware to end-users on both laptop and desktop PC's, and provide daily support and training for all hardware and software systems.
- Perform the duties of the Network Administrator, including user and email account management, backup management, and network upgrades.
Desktop Support Engineer
- Provide daily user, network, and PC support.
- Perform daily System Administration duties, including backup management, Exchange and AD account maintenance.
- Cisco and Nortel VPN solutions
- VoIP, LAN/WAN technologies
- RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing
- Cisco 1800, 2800, 3750, ASR1001, 2800, 4500, 7000, 7200-series routers
- Cisco 2950/2960, 3560, 3750, 4500, 6500-series switches
- Nexus 5020 fabric extenders
- VCE VBlock 1000v, 3560, and 5k network component management and upgrades
- Cisco ACE 4710 load balancing, Citrix Netscaler load balancing
- Cisco ASA 5520 and Checkpoint firewall management, McAfee IDS
- Cisco WCS/NCS and Juniper Ringmaster wireless management
- Cisco ACS, Cisco NAC
- Proficient with software tools such as Scrutinizer Netflow, BMC Remedy, VMware, Linux
- Microsoft Active Directory management and Group Policy
- Veritas/Symantec Backup management
- Websense Proxy management