Systems Administrator Network Administrator
Dedicated IT professional who leverages technology to solve issues and achieve goals in a user-friendly manner. Has experience in Linux Administration, Network Engineering, and automating the same with Open Source tools.
Tenable Network Security
Served as first member of Network Engineering team. Completely re-designed and replaced existing infrastructure with a redundant Layer2 and Layer3 network utilizing Cisco gear. Implemented Fortinet Fortigate firewall clusters to provide perimeter defense in multiple locations. Built geographically diverse colocation sites for failover. Implemented fault-tolerant Cisco AnyConnect VPN to provide SSL and IPSec connectivity supporting Windows, Mac, and Linux clients. Created network monitoring systems using SNMP, configuration management, and logging. Performed security audits, created security policy and implemented IPS and IDS systems. Moved company towards redundant application delivery with Citrix Netscalers. Assisted with procuring all network and power equipment. Provided expertise for WAN connectivity between sites. Assisted with relocation planning of corporate headquarters. Assisted with preparation of million-dollar network budget. Designed and built large lab environment. Managed CentOS and Red Hat Linux servers providing DHCP, DNS, and monitoring services. Handled all technical planning to assist with HQ relocation and datacenter migrations. Earned CCNP, VCP-NV, and Fortinet certifications during this time.
Operated a small ISP for nearly 6 years. Was responsible for servers, network equipment, and PCs. Performing system updates and security fixes as needed. Writing Perl, CGI, and other scripts to automate everyday tasks. Maintained critical ISP services DNS, Email, RADIUS, etc . Helped to roll out new products and services VoIP systems, DSL, Acceleration package, T1s, FiOS . Supervised small IT staff of 3. In this role, I performed Systems Administration, Network Administration, and Database Administration. I was directly involved with relocating the company from one location to the next, and rebuilding all infrastructure from scratch with Open Source tools on the Debian Linux platform. Two acquisitions/migrations were performed during this time.
Technical Support Representative
Was primarily responsible for helping customers set up and use broadband connections. Troubleshooting and/or fixing issues Tech Support . This included Dial-up, DSL, Cable, and Satellite connections, as well as LAN/WAN related issues.
- Operating Systems:
- Linux Red Hat, CentOS, Debian , Microsoft Windows 2008, UNIX AIX, Sun OS 5.8, Tru64 , VMWare ESXi
- Cisco IOS BGP,OSPF,VLANs,VRRP,IPSec,STP,ACLs,SSL based VPNs, etc , Nessus, Tenable Security Center, Tenable LCE, Snort, Wireshark, Mysql, Apache, Observium, Cacti , SNMP, RANCID config management, RADIUS, LDAP, Postfix, BIND, RSA SecurID, Whatsup Gold, Zenoss, VMware, MS Office
- Knowledgeable in LAN/WAN technologies, server maintenance, and datacenter infrastructure. Specific areas are Cisco routers, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco layer2 and layer3 switches, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, Fortinet Fortigate Firewalls, Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewalls, Dell Servers, APC power infrastructure, Netoptics taps, WTI Serial console servers, Citrix Netscalers, F5 BigIP, and RSA SecurID Appliances.
- Programming and Scripting:
- Perl, Bash, PHP, Java, HTML, SQL Queries, and Expect for network automation