Sr. Network Engineer Resume
- CCNP Certified Professional with 8 years of experience in routing, switching, firewall technologies, system design, implementation, troubleshooting of complex network systems, enterprise network security, wireless design, data network design, capacity management and network growth.
- Have in depth knowledge and working experience on CATOS, Native IOS.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP v1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and TCP/IP.
- Worked on network topologies and configurations, TCP/IP, UDP, Frame Relay, Token ring, ATM, bridges, routers, hubs and Switches
- Have experience installing and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches.
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, IPSec and GRE Tunneling, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trucking, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Extensive knowledge working on Juniper platform - switches, routers as well as firewalls and managing them
- Quite comfortable working on Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper Netscreen and SRX firewall architectures.
- Network security including NAT/PAT, ACL, VPN Concentrator, IDS/IPS, and ASA/PIX Firewalls
- Strong work experience with the following technologies MPLS, Q0S, VPN, WLAN and Multicast.
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP. Configured RIP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server
- Gained experience working with Layer-2 and Layer-3 Switching and Security
- Gained expertise in writing test procedures and test plans with a strong understanding of design, implementation, and execution of testing methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Switched Virtual Interface.
- Extensive knowledge on scripting using various tools.
- Strong knowledge in HSRP, VRRP redundancy Protocols. Fault Tolerance using HSRP and VRRP.
- Good knowledge of OSI Model and TCP/IP networking standards with protocols such as SNMP, FTP, ICMP and IPv6.
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex routed LAN and WAN networks, routers and switches.
- Have extensive experience in setting up LAN and troubleshooting related issues. Have WAN awareness and assisted in setting up and troubleshooting various WAN related issues.
- Hands-on configuration and experience in setting up Cisco routers to perform functions at the Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Experience in the setup of Access-Lists, and RIP, EIGRP, and tunnel installations
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches
- Installation of retail shops equipment’s such as POS workstations and servers, Shoppers Tracking Systems and Modems.
- Experience with Change management process and Project documentation tools like Excel and VISIO
Routers: Cisco 2600, 2800, 3800, 3900, 7200 & 7600 series, Juniper J series, HP MSR series, HP HSR6800 and 8800 router series
Switches: Cisco 3550, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500 & NEXUS 7K series, HP switches - 5830, 5900, 5930, 7900, 12500 and 11900 series
Firewalls: ASA 5500, Checkpoint
Load Balancer: CISCO CSM, ACE Module, GSS & F5 LTM.
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, SummarizationStatic routing
Switching: VLANs, Dot1Q, VTP, STP, RSTP, VLAN Maps, HSRP, GLBP, CEF, DCEF, Port Security
LAN/WAN Technologies: Ethernet, Frame Relay, T1/DS3/OC3.
Protocols: IP, IPv6, TCP, UDP, ICMP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SYSLOG.
Desktop Applications: NSM(Juniper), CSM(Cisco), Netbrain, Solarwinds Orion, TrackIT, ServiceNow
System Administration: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7, Linux/Unix.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Network Engineer
- Worked on multiple cisco network projects for clients like Best Buy, Amazon, T-Mobile, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield and many more.
- Manage an extensive network of routers/switches/firewalls(roughly 1000+ devices currently in use) from different vendors located throughout the world.
- Work on configuration for cisco routers/switches/firewall, juniper firewalls/switches, HP routers/switches and avaya ethernet routing switches as per client request.
- Working with Cisco TAC, Juniper TAC, Level 3, etc for any issues with devices and opening cases with them as needed and working with them for resolution.
- Performed migration for clients and upgrading the devices as needed.
- Change control and Incident Management for the company using ServiceNow.
- Client change requests were managed using ServiceNow with whoever on shift would proactively take up tickets/Incidents and assign to themselves to work on them.
- Document everything regarding tickets and work done on tickets in ServiceNow.
- Create tickets in ServiceNow for changes needed in network to maintain optimal performance.
- Extensive use of NSM(Network and Security Manager) and CSM(Cisco Security Manager) for adding or modifying firewall policies for the firewalls in use. Well versed in using Netbrain and Solarwinds Orion applications.
- Replace EOS/EOL devices with new later devices by configuring the new devices to company guidelines and putting them in production. Adding new devices to be monitored in Solarwinds Orion.
- Proactively taking up projects/tasks/requests of customers and working on them through the finish and resolving any issues that come up while implementing the project related tasks.
- Managing alerts and making sure all devices(1000+) are in proper health and working efficiently.
- Change control and Incident management
- Configuring trunk port between two switches.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA/PIX firewall infrastructure.
- Upgrading of Checkpoint firewall infrastructure. Created detailed upgrade plan, step-by-step implementation documentation and test plan.
- Managing Checkpoint NGX R65 on Nokia IP Security Platform
- Managing Checkpoint firewall infrastructure along with Juniper firewall and performing changes as needed.
- Creating scripts using VBS and Python to automate administrative tasks which include both wired and wireless troubleshooting, wireless infrastructure cut-overs, circuit checking, and other various support tasks.
- General technical responsibilities include configuration, administrations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various mission critical LAN/WAN technologies and applications utilizing Java Script, VBS, SQL, Python, and HTML
- Use Checkpoint in addition to NSM and CSM for managing firewalls for the entire network
- Assists in LAN Design & support.
- Use F5 Load balancer in existing network to increase reliability
- As a LAN Support point of contact give response to initial trouble calls.
- Timely deal with any alerts coming in the queue and document the same.
- Provided customer support including but not limited to daily backup procedures, testing network connections, equipment installation and turn-up, and remote hands assistance
- Proactively working on devices to avoid any critical outages that can affect production and documenting the same.
- Support to plan and implement LAN and WAN management activities.
- Follow specified company guidelines for change control, outages, escalations and troubleshooting and document everything in the internal server application
Confidential, Topeka, Kansas
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configuration and administration of Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Dynamic routing protocol configuration (RIP, RIP V2).
- Installed and maintained network hardware and software.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks within an organization or between organizations.
- Troubleshooting network problems.
- Configuring trunk port between two switches.
- Support to plan and execute LAN (VLAN Management) and WAN management activity.
- As a LAN Support point of contact give response to initial trouble calls.
- Directly worked with customers to offer Level 2, Expertise in handling routers, servers, and switches.
- Responsible for support and upgrades of a 250 user network.
- Assists in LAN Design & support.
- Performed onsite data center support that includes monitoring of systems alarms, electrical power, server administration and network alerts.
- Create scripts using Python for automation of adcministrative tasts including wired/wireless troubleshooting, checking of circuit health and cut-overs for wireless infrastructure
- Provided customer support including daily backup procedures, testing network connections, equipment installation and turn-up, and remote hands assistance.
- Undertook troubleshooting of network connectivity problems and day-to-day operations.
- Having knowledge on OSPF & EIGRP Routing protocols.
- Developed maintenance and operating standards for computer hardware and software.
- Experienced with physical layer interfaces and cabling standards.
- Planned and implemented IP address schemes and subnet masks.
- Patch and test cables for new and existing sites.
- Troubleshooting and supporting multiple OS and hardware environments.
- Maintained detailed time based incident logs and technical checklists.
- Responsible for documenting network related issues.
Confidential, Kansas city, MO
Sr. Network Engineer
- Working knowledge of installation, testing and troubleshooting of Routers, Switches, Servers and Firewalls.
- Installed and configured 6509 Cisco Catalyst Switch, creating VLANs and assigning ports to the VLAN, configuration of routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and RIP.
- Upgrading the IOS on the 6500 switch and saving the old system configuration and running-configuration.
- Configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like OSPF, BGP and EIGRP on Cisco routers
- Configured EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP and static routing, MPLS WAN connectivity, Frame relay Wan Connectivity and Telnet and SSHv2 sessions.
- Performed Troubleshooting, upgrades, and administered multiple vendor systems platform and maintaining system applications.
- Implemented WAN network technologies like MPLS and Frame Relay, switching technologies like STP, switch and VLAN security on L2 and L3 layer switches.
- Provided BGP routing protocols for implementing multi-homing connection between two ISP’s and providing traffic flow to certain areas.
- Provided installation and initial user configuration of NEXUS 7K switches at the Data Center and providing IP addressing and different user session priorities on the switch.
- Carried out Route-redistribution between different routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP for increased efficiency.
- Provided an IP Addressing scheme using VLSM and maintained VLAN table, and implemented DHCP server for assigning IP address to various connecting devices.
- Installs, configures and maintains Juniper EX series switches and SRX, MX, and M series routers
- Implemented Port Security - MAC limiting, DHCP Snooping and IP source guard on EX series switches to make the network invulnerable to attacks.
- Reduced the number of managed devices from by implementing Virtual Chassis technology using Juniper EX4200 switches.
- Complete upgrade of U.S. Robust modem to ShopperTrak TS600 modem at Payless store
- Improved labor scheduling efficiency by Installing Orbit 5 Retail IP System to count pedestrians/shoppers foot traffic at Payless store
- Installed Cisco ESW 540 Switch using Cisco Configuration System software to accommodate network devices such as IP Phones.
- Implemented Static NAT and PAT for internet users.
- Designed and Implemented DMZ for FTP, Web and Mail Servers with CISCO PIX 525 and PIX515E.
- Configured NAT and PAT on the Cisco PIX Firewalls for the Internal Systems
- Extended support and troubleshooting for the field technicians at the remote sites.
- Supported remote location with site to site VPN, Remote access VPN such as IPSEC.
Environment: Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, and 7200 series routers, Cisco 2950, 3550, 3560, 6509 Catalyst Switches, ASA 5510 firewall, Juniper SRX240, Juniper EX4200, ESW Switch, PIX 525, PIX 515E, U.S. Robust modem, ShopperTrak TS600 modem, Fujitsu POS, Orbit5 Camera
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Sr. Network Support Engineer
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the company network. Duties included monitoring network performance using various network tools to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of application and equipment and to provide support for Cisco network.
- Responsible for the Global design, engineering, and level 2/3 support of existing network technologies services and the integration of new network technologies / services.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN /WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Configuration, Testing, Planning and Design of Cisco Routers, Cisco Catalyst 2900, 3570 and 6500 Switches and Cisco AirNet Wireless appliances.
- Implementation and configuration of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers
- Migration from Frame-Relay/ATM network to MPLS-based VPN for customer’s WAN infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting latency and throughput issues on MPLS and Dedicated Internet Access circuits
- Configured Cisco 7204 routers which were also connected to Cisco ASA security appliances providing perimeter based firewall security.
- Upgrade Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewall (ASA) IOS using TFTP.
- Resource management through deployment of network based monitoring applications to keep bandwidth & activity alongside each other.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Cisco’s VPN client via IPSEC.
- Configured Firewall logging, DMZs and related security policies and monitoring.
- Installed and Configured a Cisco secure ACS server for AAA authentication (RADIUS).
- Manage a very large DNS environment using Lucent QIP and manual management of DNS for DMZ/External servers.
- Manage Cisco Routers and troubleshoot layer1, layer2 and layer3 technologies for customer escalations.
- Performed switching technology administration including Vlans, inter-Vlan routing, trucking, port aggregation and link negotiation.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Computer & Cisco VOIP Phone Support
- Create Active Directory, user accounts; shared Network drives, setup user privileges & permissions.
- Setup DHCP, DNS, VPN, VNC, E-Mail accounts.
- Setup Windows and Mac Workstation XP, Vista, Win7, Ice Warp e-mail server 9.4.1.
- Finished all tickets same day before going home. I had almost 200 users in my building.
- Worked on ticketing system called"Spice Works".
- Involved answering inbound calls as wells as making out bound calls.
- Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Contact Center Express, Cisco Unity Connection Administration, Cisco Agent & Cisco Supervisor Setup, Queue Setup, Phone Recording, Cisco Reports.
- Support Act, Practice, Ultra Tax, Quick Books, File Maker, Drake & Backup.
- Setup and support Network Printers, Network Scanners, Cannon, Minolta, Konica & Xerox Copier.
- Networking Fiber Optic Cat 5&6.
- Computer Hardware, Printer repairing, PC Assembling, Laptop, Server, Routers & Switch Cisco, Linksys, D-link, Computer tune-ups, Virus Scans, malware and spyware removal, setup firewalls iFax Setup.
- Install and monitor Windows Server 2000, 2003 & 2008, Mac Server, and Linux.
- Installation and support Exchange Server 2003.
- Installation and support to VMware, Virtual Box.
- Cell phones e-mail setup for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry etc.
- Setup auto and manual computer Data Backup & Recovery.
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Symantec Ghost.
- Cisco VPN, Windows server 2008 Routing and Remote Access, Computrace.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Network Engineer
- Experience working with Cisco IOS-XR on the ASR9000 devices for MPLS deployments.
- Experience with migrating from OSPF to BGP WAN Routing protocol.
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations. This includes changes to both the voice and data environment.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy It also includes the configuration of port channel between core switches and server distribution switches.
- Experience with setting up MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud in data center and also working with BGP WAN towards customer.
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data center to Nexus based data center.
- Experience in communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project.
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Create and testCisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Optimized performance of the WANnetworkconsisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configured BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers.
- Experience with Juniper SRX 240 Firewalls.
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types.
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel. Design and implemented network infrastructure and configured the entire network Infrastructure devices including Network Printers and Register.
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring.
Environment: 6500/3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Juniper (M320, T640), Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, Ether Channels.
L1 Technical Support, Senior Associate
- Level 1 technical support for IT Enabled Services of Hewlett Packard (HP) desktop and accessories.
- Responsible for providing first contact resolution meeting floor targets.
- Responsible for revenue generation, excellent sales experience.
- Ensured team always gets cast on surveys.
- Worked over time and on weekends to meet floor targets for the team.
- Installation and setup of Windows XP and Windows 7 for remote customers (North America Customers).
- Installation, configuration of Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010.
- Installation and configuration of Norton antivirus software.
- Installation and configuration of McAfee antivirus software.
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to registry files, running services, and startup tools.
- Installation, configuration and technical support of HP printers.
- Installation, configuration and technical support of HP webcams, HP keyboards, wired and wireless HP mouse, HP monitors.
- HP Hardware technical support to find the root cause for black screen, blue screen; RAM failure, Processor failure, and any other hardware failure.
- Responsible for handling high call volume and provide on call resolution in a limited timeframe known as Average handling Time (AHT) of 30 mins. Per call
- Responsible for escalation to L2 team or higher depending on the issues and remote login to help customer install software that customer is unable to understand.
- Promoted as Subject Matter Expertise (SME).
Environment: Wins XP/ 7, TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, IMAP, SMTP, POP3, Mail Servers
Jr Network Engineer
- IOS upgrades on Catalyst 1900, 2900, 3500 series switches and 2500, 2600, 3600 series routers.
- Racking, stacking, and cabling network-based, IT systems.
- Configuration of Access List ACL (Std., Ext, Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configuring of IP Allocation and sub netting for all applications and servers and other needs throughout company using FLSM, VLSM addressing.
- Troubleshot the issues related to routing protocols.
- Perform routine network maintenance checks as well as configure and manage printers, copiers, and other miscellaneous network equipment.
- Installing operating systems, software and hardware on computers.
- Responsible for Data Backup, System Update, Recovery and Restore, and Spyware removal.
- Assisting Junior and Senior Engineers, on-site management of cable-wiring technicians.
- Troubleshot problems on a day to day basis and documented every issue to share it with design teams.
- Configured Virtual Switching Systems (VSS) using two Cisco Catalyst 6500E switches to provide redundant route processors - Active-Standby Control Plane, Active-Active Data Plane.
- Configured IPv4 and IPv6 PIM Sparse Mode, Source Specific Mode and Bidirectional to test Multicast in a VSS environment using Ixia as the Traffic generator.
- Configured Ixia Explorer to ensure Stateful Switch over (SSO) is fine in a VSS environment.
- Faster Cisco IOS version upgrades using In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) within a VSS environment ensuring that customers experience no downtimes and able to provide continuous access to applications, data, and content from anywhere and anytime.
- Upgraded Multi Chassis Ether-channel links to 10 GE links.
Environment: Cisco 6500E Chassis (6509E, 6513E) with SUP 2T, SUP 720, Opt ixia 16, Cisco IOS Software Release 15.1(1) SY for Sup 720 and SUP 2T.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes