Network Engineering Network Management Network Operations Network Support
Talented and accomplished Network Engineering professional with proven success in program and team management. Special expertise with LAN/WAN build and maintenance, AS/400, remote access, virtual networks, and performance optimization. Experienced at supervising and training technical teams. Adept at creating procedures and evaluating new technologies. Excellent problem-solving skills. Multiple certifications, including CCNA, CCNP, CCDA. And CCDP.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Network Engineering Program Management Technical Support Network Design Installation
- Network Maintenance Troubleshooting Remote Access Network Hardware Virtualization
- LAN/WAN Monitoring Product Evaluation Procurement Performance Improvement
- Sales associate electronics and appliances
- Responsible for all Network connectivity including server applications. Coordinating with Sprint All MPLS circuit issues. Working with third part vendor Aglisys for any and all router and switch Replacements. Utilizing Spectrum and Applix ticketing system along with Landesk for server support..
Manager, Network Engineering Operations
Oversaw maintenance of networks supporting 60 premier and 1,600 standard customers. Provided support for Cisco and Nortel routers and switches. Served as Senior Technical Team Leader. Resolved escalated issues. Supervised 30 persons. Authored special procedures for customer networks. Planned and led router and switch upgrades. Hired, mentored, and trained new engineers in troubleshooting, network design, trouble ticket process flow, and documentation standards. Worked with customers to identify issues and potential areas for optimizing network performance.
- Played major role in implementation, documentation, and support of 19,000 node network.
- Effectively transitioned Kaiser Permanente account to Impact platform.
- Managed Kaiser account, monitoring >22,000 devices that supported emergency room and surgical theater functions. Maintained highest possible availability to ensure patient safety.
- Implemented Ciscoworks network comprising nine servers, three RME, and six Campus Managers.
- Selected to supervise new Network Operations Center NOC team in Corona, California.
- Directed team that maintained >1M element Concord deployment, using 18 servers.
- Actively involved in implementation of MDM Preside for 250-node Passport Network.
Data Communications Engineer
Performed all network setup for disaster recovery testing activities. Installed and configured intranet for multi-platform testing functions. Platforms included DEC, HP, Sun, OS/400, mainframes, and servers. Carried out WAN setups. Installed routers, bridges, T1, T3, Frame Relay, ISDN, and dial-ups.
- Prepared all network diagrams to facilitate proper configuration.
- Ensured testing success by developing new customer strategies.
- Played key role in all Bay Networks testing.
Production Control / Wide Area Network Specialist
Oversaw production job scheduling and flow, abend recovery, printing, system backups, and tape librarian functions in mainframe and AS/400 environment. Maintained WAN connectivity and supported AS/400, servers, and workstations. Installed, configured, and maintained WAN hardware for main facility and 23 remote locations. Performed network monitoring.
- Effectively supported all video and teleconferencing systems for remote locations.
- Managed RISC6000 system that ran AIX, Netview6000, and Paradigm helpdesk trouble ticketing.
- Ensured maximum disaster recovery network connectivity for IBM's Sterling Forest Disaster Recovery Center and other remote sites.