Devops Aws Cloud Engineer Resume
- 8+ years total IT Experience including AWS Cloud Engineering, related technologies that includes extensive work experience with AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Elasticache, CloudWatch, RedShift, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB, AWS Import/Export).
- Experienced in implementing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure - as- a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as- a-Service(PaaS).
- Experience in UNIX System Administration in Red Hat Linux 4/5/6, Ubuntu, CentOS and Win 2012/2008 Servers.
- Experienced in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Git, GitHub, Clear Case and Tomcat.
- Transfer data from Data Centers to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources like: VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloudformation JSON templates.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's and AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups, etc.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Strong expertise in designing Micro Services based solutions utilizing Cloud Native Architecture.
- Experience with Troubleshooting AWS EC2 instances for Status check through System Status checks and Instance Status checks alerts and rectifying if necessary.
- Good knowledge of customizing Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deploying these customized images based on requirements.
- Expertise in granting security and Configured user access and limits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management in JSON.
- Experience with designing and configuring secure Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) through private and public networks in AWS and create various subnets, routing table, internet gateways for servers.
- Experienced in Integrating IBM HTTP Server (8..x/7.x/6.0.x), Apache (2.0.x), LDAP TDS (6.0), DB2/UDB (8.1.x/9.x), Oracle 9i/10i with IBM WebSphere Application Server and JBoss on RHEL and Windows platforms
- Extensive experience in working with Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere application servers.
- Experience in Maintenance of the WebSphere Server on different UNIX platforms (AIX, Linux, and Solaris) and deployed enterprise Application and administration of resources in all environment including development, Integrating, Testing and Production environment.
- Configured IHS Web Server V6.0/7.x/8.x and created Web Server Definition in WebSphere Application Server V6.x admin console for web server Plug in management.
- Expert in WebSphere cluster management including horizontal and vertical scaling and creation of nodes.
- Installed and administered WebSphere MQ. Well versed in setting up of queue managers and managing queues, MQ process definitions, triggers, channels. Experience of local and Remote Administration.
- Experience in problem tracing, log management, scripting to invocate problem-determination actions involving traces and thread dumps
- Expertise in developing Unix Shell scripts to administer and automate batch job scheduling including backup and recovery processes.
- Involved in the Tuning and monitoring applications deployed on WAS using IBM TPV/ ITCAM and Wily Introscope
- Experience in the areas of installation, configuration of IBM WebSphere Application Server ND V6.x through custom and Application server profiles and implementing WLM clusters.
- Coordinate daily activities with long-range goals, quick learner, self-starter, can work well independently or as a team member, good communications and excellent technical problem solving skills.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, ECS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, S3, Glacier, RDS, DynamoDb, Elasticache, Redshift, EC2 VPC, ELB, CloudFront, DirectConnect, Route53, CodeDeploy, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, Powershell, Jira, Confluence.
Application Servers/Middleware: IBM Application Server 6.x/7.x/8.x, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere Portal 6.x/7.x/8.x, MQ 6.x, Apache, IBM HTTP Server
RDBMS: DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Visual Basic
Protocols: TCP/IP, LDAP, SOAP,HTTP,HTTPS
Operating System: RHEL 4.x/5/6.x, IBM AIX Windows 2003/2008/12 Server, Windows 95/98/XP,MS-DOS
Confidential, Irvine CA
DevOps AWS Cloud Engineer
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet Server and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Puppet.
- Developed AWS Cloudformation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Used Cloudfront to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end server.
- Experience in automated deployment of EC2 instances in data centers and availability zones.
- Used security groups to develop a logical firewall to ensure high security for control applications.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine access of AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed the configurations of chef servers
- Enabling customers to manage better software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Chef, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and Prod environments.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances.
- Implementing and Managing Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure and working on Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Developed and scheduled bash shell scripts for various activities (deployed environment verification, running database scripts, file manipulations, Subversion, etc.
- Design, develop and implement an automated Linux (Centos, Amazon) infrastructure using Collective AWS and move existing applications off windows seamlessly to it while aggressively growing.
- Involved in deploying the content Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Puppet framework and tools to automate the Cloud deployment and operations.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins, Nolio agents, MySQL, Nexus etc. these modules are designed to work on both windows and Linux platforms.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, Cruise Control and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Experience with build issues and issues related to SharePoint, Reports, TFS by Permission, and Build server etc.
Environment: AWSEC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS,SQS, SNS, SES, CloudTrail and Route 53, VDI, ELB, CloudWatch,AWS CLI, Cloudformation,IAM, CI/CD, AWSAutoScaling, Linux,Git version Control, ELB, Docker, Lambda
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Working on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Designed Architectural diagrams for different applications before migrating into Amazon cloud for flexible, cost- effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Worked with Chef to aid with deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Creating alarms in Cloudwatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Designing and configuring the AWS Secure Notification Service (SNS) and Secure Email Service (SES) architecture of the solution and working with client.
- Managed users and groups using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new VPCs using JSON files.
- Created Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance for snapshots and creating clone instances.
- Business requirement analysis of the system. Involved in presenting Design document.
- Health check scripts and web based application development for health check system.
Environment: AWS EC2 (Security Groups, Elastic IP’s, Load balancers, Auto scaling groups, Placement Groups), S3, Direct Connect, VPC, Route 53, Cloud watch, OpsWorks & IAM
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Middleware / AWS Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloudformation JSON templates.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, setting up Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDS, Dynamodb, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Installed and configured the configuration management tool Chef for Cloud Automation. Created chef servers / work station and nodes via CLI.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloudformation Templates.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
- Responsible for continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins, Maven and Chef.
- Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloudformation templates.
- Configured Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual host, variables and Http transport for Application Servers.
- Experience in configuring various application parameters like JVM class paths, Web Container, EJB Container, PMI interfaces and environment properties.
- Configured Web resources including JDBC providers, connection pooling and Java Mail session.
- Configured JDBC data sources to access MS SQL database.
- Experience supporting and administering middleware applications running on Apache Tomcat server.
- General administration (deployment, configuration, redeployment, problem investigation and support) of applications running on JBOSS application servers platforms.
- Installation, upgrades, patching and support of JBoss Application Servers.
- Provide on call and weekend maintenance support for applications running
- Installed, configured and administered various applications on Apache Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Experience administering and configuring apache Tomcat server instances and environments.
- Created wsadmin (JACL) scripts to automate server startup/shutdown.
- Interpreted log files to locate and solve problems with tracing and debugging facilities.
Environment: JBoss V6, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere 7.x/8.x, IBM MQ V7.x, Oracle 10g/11g, IBM HTTP Server 6.x/7.x, AWS EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, RHEL 5.x,Windows 2008/2013 server, MS Active Directory.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Middleware Admin
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 7.x/8.x and IBM HTTP Server on AIX 5.x/Windows 2008 server.
- Monitored, optimized and tuned J2EE-based solutions in both single node and clustered environments
- Installed patches, packages and plug ins for WebSphere application server
- Involved in designing WebSphere Application Server load balancing and fail over by using Workload Management (WLM), horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Responsible for Web server and Application server installation, support and performance monitoring for all applications running on the company’s Website.
- Played an active involvement in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application Servers.
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling. Deployed Session and Entity EJBs in WebSphere.
- Experience administering IIS 5.0 / IIS 6.0 Web servers and hosted web sites.
- Configured IIS and plugins with various application servers such as WebSphere, Apache Tomcat.
- Installed, configured, administered and supported JBoss EAP Application Server 5.1.2/6.4, Apache webserver 2.2.32 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system.
- Installed and Configured JBoss Application server (EAP) 6.4, Implemented clusters in JBoss using domain and standalone mode for load balancing and failover capabilities.
- Migrated J2EE applications from JBoss EAP Application Server 5.1.2 to JBoss Application server (EAP) 6.4.
- Configured various JBoss resources JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pools, Resource adapters, Queue Connection Factories, Queues using JBoss admin console and JBoss command line interface.
- Well versed with IIS administration activities such as managing virtual hosts/directories, SSL etc.
- Troubleshoot Network Issues; patiently working with other Teams / Vendors (CISCO, DELL, etc) and ISPs, to maintain Network stability.
- Verify Software and Data migrated successfully and according to user’s specifications and standards.
- Analyzing Alerts by using Monitoring Tools, Creating and follow up trouble Tickets, Transferring Ticket to the concern Team according to Device Ownership.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Worked on Data Center Migration Project and assisted in building middle tier on new server’s boxes.
- Involved in reviewing the Project Requirement document with architect and development leads
- Remotely Installed WebSphere Application and Portal instances on new servers and configured with database DB2 and Tivoli Directory Server (LDAP).
- Installed all the necessary fix packs and cumulative fix on new instances.
- Created Import Export scripts to migrate application, JVM configuration from existing instances to new instances.
- Migrated Portlets, themes and skins from existing Portal instances to new Portal Server, including assisting the migration of the custom registry and member repository and migration of custom themes, skins and content portlet.
- Deployed enterprise J2EE application on new instances that involves EAR’s, JAR’s and WAR files and scripted automated deployment of application.
- Assembled and deployed applications in staging, in productions, following change management practices.
- Configured Web Resources such as JDBC provider with DB2 V 8.2, JMS, shared libraries and Maintained database connection pools and also defined JDBC data sources using JNDI name.
- Worked on other Parallel Projects and Installed Configured and Maintained WebSphere Portal Server V6.0, IBM Process Server and Application Server V6.1 in Integration Phase.
- Implemented security policies to protect Web Application and resources with help of SiteMinder.
- Monitored web application with help of Wily Introscope to detect problem before they affect business.
- Investigate and troubleshoot incident tickets, engaging other support teams as needed for resolution and Escalate incidents to managements as needed for documentation.
- Perform root cause analysis on failing application and infrastructure components and recommend corrective measures to rectify problems.
- Developed documentation to describe support infrastructure and related procedures.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, interacted with IT staff in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Resolved production issues with help of IBM by opening Problem Management Record (PMR).
Environment: IBM WebSphere App Server V6.0/6.1/7.0, IBM WebSphere Process Server, Sun Solaris V5.2/8.0, IHS V2.0/6.0, DB2 V8.2, Sun One Directory (LDAP), Wily Introscope, SiteMinder, Jython Scripting.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes