Operations Engineer - Windows Resume
2.00/5 (Submit Your Rating)
- Highly accomplished IT professional with proven success in leadership, networking, and systems engineering. Recognized ability to design and maintain revenue - critical business systems, as well as document procedures and disaster recovery protocols.
- Strong communicator with keen instinct as to when to provide a high-level overview versus verbose, technical detail. TEMPEffective troubleshooter with success in fast-paced business environments. Seeking IT manager or director position.
- Data Center Operations Leadership Incident Management Change Management Problem Review Continual Service Improvement Server Infrastructure VMWare Infrastructure Network Security Vendor Management Knowledge Management Migration Planning Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft Server platforms (Server 2003, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012).
- Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, IIS, SQL, SCOM, SCCM, ISA, TMG, PowerShell).
- Splunk, ExtraHop, BlueCat Proteus, CA Introscope, HP SiteScope
- BMC Remedy, CheckPoint, IBM ISS Proventia, Citrix, Symantec, McAfee.
- Dell PowerEdge servers, HP servers, Cisco, HP ProCurve, 3Com.
- MySQL, Raisers Edge, RetailPro, Galaxy (Gateway), Layton HelpBox.
Operations Engineer - Windows
- Leader and go-to member of the Windows Incidents team, providing expertise and serving as an escalation resource for complex, technical issues as well as sensitive, high-profile issues.
- Strong cross-team collaborator willing to take the extra effort to work efficiently and synergistically with peers in separate networking, application, security, storage, and facilities teams.
- Responsible for special project work and analysis efforts for business unit directors and VPs.
- Instrumental in reducing the number of incidents and overall outage time in the John’s Creek data center over the past year.
- Implemented team-wide SOP for recording incident “Bridge Notes” in order to provide critical and dynamic information to peers and leadership about system incidents and outages.
- Responsible for screening and interviewing candidates, and for on-boarding of new Windows Incidents teammates.
- Recognized for excellent performance and leadership in the John’s Creek data center.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Microsoft Systems Engineer
- Planned and led multiple business system migrations (GroupWise to Exchange 2003, Novell to Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2003 to Microsoft Office365, physical servers to virtual).
- Planned and led the updating and standardization of desktops (W2K to Windows XP, later Windows XP to Windows 7).
- Managed vendor relationships, including IBM Internet Security Systems. Provided beta testing and product feedback to IBM ISS to save approximately $50,000/year in firewall hardware costs.
- Managed and coordinated partnership with IT managed services partner, Leapfrog Services, Inc.
- Assumed IT leadership responsibilities following the sudden and unexpected death of the IT Director in October 2011.
Network Administrator and Helpdesk Manager
- Successfully upgraded Exchange 5.5 to 2000, and later, Exchange .
- Successfully recovered 2 separate Exchange Server disasters.
Event Manager II
- Led company-wide Y2K auditing and compliance efforts.
- Managed scoring volunteer staff and contractors dat provided real-time statistics to live television commentators for ATP and USTA tennis events.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes