System Administrator Resume
4.00/5 (Submit Your Rating)
- Versatile, resourceful IT Professional with 20 years of experience supporting global
- manufacturing operations with Space System Loral and at LSI Corporation. Successfully held Systems Analyst, Developer, System Administrator and Test Engineer roles in a rapidly growing Data Center with UNIX/Linux/Solaris/Citrix servers, 1TB+ of disk space and critical engineering and production applications such as dataPOWER.
- Accomplished technical generalist, skilled at working with others, including SMEs, to bridge the gap between business objectives and technology capabilities.
- Attack all projects with a positive attitude and sense of urgency; adept at staying on - task and on-time despite shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to streamline, optimize and maintain system functionality, performance and recoverability in a mission-critical environment. Consistently leverage existing technologies to maximize organization benefit.
Languages: Perl, Shells, Awk
SKILLSDatabases: SQL Server, dataPOWER
Platforms: Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux, UNIX, Citrix
Networking: DNS, HP OpenView, Legato
Software: MS Office Suite
- Streamlined backup of servers and data storage
- Set up Windows/LDAP accounts
- Setup and maintained remote access accounts
- Installed OS on Linux and Unix Servers
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Assumed complete control of yield database and enhanced Perl programs and Apache to require 35% less support.
- Performed extensive application modifications as disk space requirements increased from low megabytes to gigabytes.
- Streamlined data import process by 75% and improved application uptime 85%.
- Reduced need to purchase additional disk space or larger data servers. Created applications that periodically cleaned up engineering data servers, increasing availability of working space for incoming designs.
- Pivotal resource in altering major application to support company merge. Applied in-depth understanding of customer business practices and architecture to seamlessly combine several features of 2 applications into one.
- Relocated engineering department of 100+ people to new data center, with little to no business interruption.
- Regularly upgraded Sun servers/workstations with latest OS, reducing downtime 65% and on-call support 45%.
- Upgraded old and installed new NetApp storage servers which increased the amount of disk storage by 30%. Providing disk space for Engineering using NFS and CIFS.
- Doubled amount of disk storage by installing new Dell data storage servers with RedHat Linux.
- Provided accurate and thorough problem resolution, increasing overall test floor yield at global sites by 97%+.
- Wrote and maintained engineering and production applications used by hundreds of engineers.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes