Technical Architect (network Platforms) Resume
- Network Engineer with 8 years of experience in the industry, which includes expertise in the areas of Routing and Switching.
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP ability to interpret and resolve complex route table problems.
- Implementation traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard, extended Access list.
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models.
- In - depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Experience in configuring HSRP and redistribution between routing protocols troubleshooting them.
- Technical Knowledge on Cisco ASA 5500 series Routers.
- Knowledge on Cisco Nexus 5k and 7k Switches.
- Exposure to Cisco ASA/Checkpoint Firewall and F5 Load Balancer.
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Expert knowledge of cable connectors and replacement as RJ-11, RJ-45, V.35, RS-449.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel and also can act as a mentor to less experienced personnel.
- Technical understanding of wireless standards.
Routers: (1800, 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200).
Cisco Switches: (2900, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 6500, Nexus 5k & 7k).
Routing Protocol: (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP), Routed Protocol TCP/IP.
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Cat-OS, Nexus-OS Management tools, SNMP, Syslog, Sniffer, and Wire shark, HP Service Center 6.8, QIP
LAN Technology: VLAN, VTP, Inter-vlan routing, ISL, dot1q, STP, RSTP, PVST, HSRP, GLBP, Ethernet, Port security.
WAN Technology: Frame Relay, X.25, E1/T1/DS1/DS3, PPP, MPLS
Network Security: Knowledge of Cisco ASA, Layer 2 Security, VPN, IPSec and load balancing, VOIP
Network Management: SNMP v2, Cisco Works NCM, 3Com Network Analyzer, MRTG, Solar Winds NPM, TACACS
Implemented traffic: filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Prefix-List and Route Maps.
Implementation: of DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP.
Documentation: Microsoft Office, Visio
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
Technical Architect (Network Platforms)
- Involved in staging for Cigna’s Implementation project and responsible for different Cisco devices configuration.
- Involved in build up network topology according to client requirement and verification of network topology.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco 3900 and 2900 series routers and Cisco 3750, 4500 and 6500 Series switches.
- Also involved in configuration of ASR 1K and 7K. e.g. ASR 1002, ASR 1006.
- Also worked as team member of Network Security. Where helped team members to in designing, configuration and implementation of different Network Security devices.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF and BGP.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF). Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Also involved in Configuration of Nexus 7010 including NX-OS Virtual Port Channels, Nexus port profiles, Nexus Version 4.2 and 5.0, Nexus VPC peer links.
- Worked with Cisco CRS-1/CRS-3 and GSR platforms.
- Upgraded IOS on various Cisco Routers like 3945 and 2911 as well as switches like 3750, 4500 and 6500.
- Work on different networking concepts and routing protocols like OSPF and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Implemented standard configuration template scripts in various network devices for snmp v2, logging, and ntp.
- Created standard access lists to allow snmp, ntp and logging servers.
- Replaced 6500 from access layer and Installed 3750s Switches.
- Racking and Stacking of Cisco 3750 Switches.
- Installed PVDM, Network module, VWIC card, secondary power supplies and additional memory to 3900 series routers.
- Installed Network Module, GLC-SX-MM and secondary power supplies to 3750 switch.
- Installed Supervisor Engine, Secondary power supply and different line cards like WS-X4624-SFP-E, WS-X4748-RJ45-E to 4500 and 6500 series switches.
- Co-ordinate with the Data Network and Security team and come up with possible solutions.
- Work on Physical site Inventory verification, gather information of various Cisco Network devices and Security Devices to develop Run book and Spec Book.
- Identify additional Network operations requirement and improvement opportunity.
- Also, worked as a member of Voice team is the same project.
- Deployment of Cisco IP phones - series 7945, 7965, 7916, 9971.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Sr. Network Engineer
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches. Also worked with ASR 1K and 7K.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure.
- Configured OSPF redistribution and authentication with type 3 LSA filtering and to prevent LSA flooding.
- Configured OSPF over frame relay networks for NBMA and point to multipoint strategies.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Provided redundancy in a multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tunings AS-path.
- Implemented Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) by tunning parameters like preemption.
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems.
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN with Routing Information Protocol (RIP) on the customer’s Site.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local Preference.
- Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) for Windows to authenticate users that connects to a VPN 3000 Concentrator.
- Worked on FTP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP servers in windows server-client environment with resource allocation to desired Virtual LANs of network.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Helped team members in configuration of Juniper 4350, 6350, and 232o routers as well as EX 2200, 4200, 6200 and 8200 switches.
- Member of Network testing team. Also worked with Qos.
- Responsible for Manual testing, reporting defects and working closely with development in narrowing down issues.
- Worked with automation tools and different methods according to requirement. Also worked with IXIA test. Also used different tools like ANUE and JDSU.
- Developed the necessary libraries for the different to run different Network test.
- Responsible to run different kind of Network test. This includes MPLS, BGP, SNMP, and Firewall. Also worked with testing with traffic generator.
Confidential, Berkeley Heights, NJ
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 100 hosts.
- Studied and analyzed client requirements to provide solutions for network design, configuration, administration, and security.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Created a backup and recovery policy for software application and verified peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed RIP & OSPF routing protocol administration.
- Interacted with support services to reduce the downtime on leased lines.
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis & provide solutions that would fix the problems within their Network.
- Monitor the operability and reliability of the network.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using Ping, Trace route.
- Managed the IP address space using subnets and variable length subnet masks (VLSM).
- As a Team member also worked with F5 load balancer and SONET technology.
- Responsible to help team for troubleshoot, configure and resolve the issues regarding F5.
- Also configured Juniper switches and router.
- Helped team to build up SONET Networks.
- LAN cabling in compliance with CAT5 standards.
- Worked along with the team in ticketing issues.
- Daily responsibilities included monitoring remote site using network management tools, assisted in design guidance for infrastructure upgrade & help LAN administrator with backbone connection and connectivity issue Other responsibilities included documentation and support other teams.
Network Support Engineer
- Configuration, Management, Troubleshooting of Network devices (Routers, Switches). Maintained the Telecommunication Connectivity using DSL and T1 Lines.
- Worked on Routers Cisco 2620, Cisco 3750, and Cisco 2950 Switches & Link sys wireless access points.
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols.
- Managed IP addressing and implemented IP Access Lists.
- Configured and troubleshoot VLAN, VTP, STP and Trunks.
- Configuring and Maintaining TACACS+ for AAA.
- Installing and configuring protocols like TCP/IP and Internet protocols including Local Area Networking, routing and HTTP.
- RMA’s and provided 24x7 supports.
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation and operation of Cisco 3745 routers Cisco 6509 and 3560 L2/L3 switches.
- Removed Cisco 3600 and 2600 series routers and Cisco 2900 series switches from the current infrastructure and replaced them with the Cisco 6509 or 3560 L2/L3 switches.
- Configured RSTP, MST and used VTP with 802.1q trunk encapsulation. Provided port binding and port security wherever required. Provided router redundancy through HSRP.
- Configured ether channels using PAgP and LACP.
- Designed ACLs, VLANs, troubleshooting IP addressing issues and taking back up of the configurations on switches and routers.
- Provided testing for network connectivity before and after install/upgrade.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and ATM).
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external.
- Escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Configured Cisco Routers for OSPF, IGRP, RIPv2, EIGRP, Static and default route.
- Worked on HSRP and GLBP for first hop redundancy and load balancing.
- Configured the Cisco router as IP Firewall and for NATting.
- Prepare, update, and maintain technical and logistical network documentation.
- Member of Network Test team and responsible for routine Network test.
- Responsible for resolve any issue in routine Network test and need to escalate higher technical team, if there is any major issue.
- Worked on comprehensive test strategy and test plan based on the features to be tested, with focus on customer deployment and use-case scenarios.
- Worked with cross-functional teams throughout the project life cycle.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes