Over 12 years experience in networking, security and complex systems environments.
- Strong problem-solving and logical analysis skills as well as strong technical background.
- Constant learner, excellent listening skills with leadership qualities.
- PCAP, FLO, and log analysis.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operation system including, Centos 4.x 5.x and RedHat, and Ubuntu.
- Working knowledge of Cisco switches/routers/firewalls IOS 12.4 and 15.0, firewall ACLs.
- PERL/Python/BASH scripting.
- Quick learner, self motivated, personable and able to work independently or collectively in a team.
- Strong sense of urgency responding to and resolving network and security issues and incidents.
- Clear and effective oral and written communications in both technical and non-technical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Cyber Threat Analyst
- Cyber Threat Analyst for the Department Of Energy, OCIO
- Manages and updates PERL and Python scripts in Linux environment.
- Analyzes SNORT log data, AMP,FLO and SNO.
- IP flow analysis, PCAP analysis with Wireshark.
- Focused on Foreign State sponsored APT.
- Makes site notifications based on threat analysis through JC3-CIRC.
- Manages incident situational awareness.
- Participates providing input in weekly non-class and bi-weekly classified site meetings.
- SME concerning Cisco network planning and projects.
- Submits weekly report for tasks completed, planned and underway.
Senior Network Engineer
- Integral member of the OCIO network operations team responsible for supporting and maintaining network performance and availability of a large government network greater in number than 7000 users. Also performs Cisco IOS upgrades, router and switch hardware troubleshooting and replacement. Writes network change requests for Federal approval. Constructs SOP documents for homogenized work flows. Directs and controls the activities of others. Works closely with different organizational groups to implement requested network changes needed for business case. Employs work flows using ticketing systems supporting Federal customers.
- DOE VPN administrator, ASA 5540, Linux LAMP, MySQL, PHP, RADIUS.
- Led HSPD-12/CAC card integration with existing VPN solution.
- Maintains and manages Cisco LAN and WAN equipment for The Department of Energy.
- Manages DHCP scope changes to enterprise DHCP server.
- Manages NAC database concerning network access a network edge.
- Performs network changes dictated by customer need and network growth.
- Works from cmd line in CentOs Linux environment, runs Perl scripts to gather data and push network changes.
- Uses basic open source tools such as GREP, vi, sed on CentOs platforms.
- Installs CentOs regularly as network sniffers and for network build outs supporting DOENET sites
- Provides Monthly and semi-monthly reports to Federal POC for VPN usage and trends grouped by connection technology, i.e. WebSSL/ClientSSL/IPSec.
- Makes ACL changes as needed.
- Involved in Data Network Modernization project for DOE participated in all aspects of network gear replacement.
Small business owner
Management, daily operations.
Network Engineer/Systems Engineer
- Installed WAN equipment and firewalls and set up Virtual Private Networks.
- Managed multi-site WAN VPN for large MD real estate firm Remax/100 with over 400 users in an Windows 2003 Active Directory environment.
- Installed new T1s and firewalls with central VPN connectivity using GTA firewalls.
- Installed new 2003 servers to existing Active Directory. Performed BGP-4 implementations and multi-link T1 installs.
- Implemented server/Citrix thin client solution for Naval Support Facility.
- Analyzed networks for business customers of varying sizes.
- Provided detailed network documentation in the form of Visio layouts.
- Provided level II/III support to end users.
IP Support Engineer
- Provided technical support throughout the entire research and development process, for new advanced telecommunications technology products.
- Drafted documents for product validation and dedicated extensive time to product testing as Validation Engineer.
- Delivered pre-sales demos and end-user training to customers in Antigua, Canada, and Poland.
- Conducted technology needs assessments and recommended WAN equipment purchases to support testing.
- Recreated user issues and interface with the Engineering Department to identify, report, and debug problems.
- Assisted in building VoIP network administered VoIP H.323 gatekeepers on Red Hat Linux.
- Adapted Cisco routers and switches to inter-operate with Patton WAN products.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of T1, PRI, and CAS ISDN, PRI/BRI circuits.
TDM Technical Support Engineer
- Delivered Level II support in the production of multiplexers and switching products.
- Provided technical assistance to customers using Newbridge Network's Mainstreet line of TDM narrow-band / broadband managers and Telecom equipment MUXES and FRATMs .
- Reconfigured Cisco routers 4000 and 2500 series to interface with Mainstreet equipment.
- Performed configuring, testing, troubleshooting WAN technologies: DS-1, DS-0,T1, DS3, OC3, Frame Relay, V.35.
- Recreated user issues in lab environment for troubleshooting, testing and resolution.
- Created and directed an innovative approach to upgrading obsolete laboratory equipment by reusing, rather than disposing of, desktop equipment replaced by laptops.
- Delivered a significant corporate cost savings while improving efficiency of testing operations.
Lead Field Engineer
- Completed a four-month assignment to help launch new business venture.
- Managed hardware repair and upgrade end user support NT administration and optimization and engineering.
- Supported various WAN technologies initiatives and installations, including IDSN, dialup, and T1.
Lead Support Engineer
- Provided immediate technical support of xDSL to Field Technicians, Level II Technicians, Sales Engineers, and ISP Help Desk, during a period of tremendous company growth and emergence as a leader in DSL technology.
- Provided Level III technical support for the genesis of private label IP services.
- Served as key member of the DSL-IP services group, a cross-functional technical team commissioned to support new product ideas.
- Supported DSL routers: Cisco ,Flowpoint, Speedstream, and Netopia.
- Performed and analyzed Harris loop tests.
- Analyzed Nokia D-50 DSLAM ATM cells statistics and Cisco 8600 BPX switches.
- Provisioned and verified ATM backhaul routes.
- Checked and monitored Redback SMS subscriber list.
- Performed OSI layer 2 tests and RADIUS server tests.
- Provided back-up support to Senior Network Administrator for the day-to-day activities of a 25-user Java-centric Internet software developer environment on Windows NT, Linux Solaris environment.
- Delivered advanced services, including CD-ROM production/replication automated tape backups remote access system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Configured and maintained MS Proxy Server.
- Created demo/experimental secure SSL Web sites on Apache/Linux, utilizing X.509 certificates.
- Updated and maintained local-redundant DNS servers running on Red Hat 6.1.
- Administered browser based corporate electronic mail.