- IT professional with broad experience in the design, engineering, operation and management of complex network and security infrastructure environments including the management of people, strategy, projects and budgets across several industries including Insurance, Finance, Manufacturing, Internet/IP Transit, Wireless , Co-location and Professional Services
- Expert level experience in the architecture, engineering, operation and management of complex HA network and security infrastructures in the US and across the globe.
- Extensive experience in the integration and consolidation of complex networks due to mergers and acquisitions and the various challenges these pose.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements including technology platforms, system design and implementation and operational training.
- Management of small teams of highly skilled professionals to department of over 130 people including team leads, individual contributors, contractors, vendors and service providers with annual budgets over 20.0M USD and the ability to interface at all levels.
- Supported career development of several high performing associates to assist them in the pursuit of high value industry certifications including CCIE, MCSE and others.
- Experience in risk and life cycle management of vulnerability and threat remediation in both network infrastructure and computing systems.
- Consulted for Daimler-Chrysler on the architecture and integration of their merged global networks saving them millions of dollars in capital and operating expenses.
- Experienced in design of cable management, cooling and power distribution systems.
- Platforms and Technologies :
- Routers, switches and appliances from numerous vendors including Cisco 65xx,75xx,36xx,55xx, 12K and 9K ASR/GSR, Catalyst, Nexus, PIX, ASA, Juniper MX and J-Series routers, EX switches, SSG/SRX firewalls, Virtual Chassis, Clustering and various products from A10, BlueCoat, Brocade, Checkpoint, Extreme, Foundry, F5, Palo Alto, RiverBed, Sourcefire and others.
- IPv4/IPv6, BGP,OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, STP/RSTP, IOS, IOS-XR, CatOS, JunOS, ScreenOS, IPSec, VOIP, H323, GigE, 10GigE, Metro-E, Dark Fiber, DWDM, OC3, OC12, LTE, CMDA, ATM, Frame Relay, T1.5, T3, Bind9, Apache, Unix/Linux, OpenNMS, RANCID,MRTG, NMAP, Nagios, TCPDump, Sniffer, Word Excel, Outlook, Visio, MS Project and other network performance and fault management systems.
Manager Information Security Operations
Oversee day to day operations of Wyndham Worldwide Corporate and Hotel Group Information Security Operations.
Manager Network Engineering
Responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and operation of all network transit and IP services for Fibermedia corporate and customer requirements across many diverse platforms including Cisco 6509s, 2651XMs, 7206VXRs, ASA5520s, 2900s, 3650s,3750s, Juniper J6350, MX320, MX960, ex2200, ex4200, ex4500, ex8208, ex8216, SRX140, SRX210, SSG550m, SSG320m, SSG5, SA2500s, Palo Alto Networks Security Appliances, and others. Responsible for provision and management of DNS, RWHOIS and other services on required as a service provider on FreeBSD and Linux systems including DNS BIND9 , ARIN's RWHOIS framework, OpenNMS, Nagios, RANCID and several others.
Lead Consulting Engineer - Global Solutions Design Engineering, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Lead Consulting Engineer responsible for the design, engineering and implementation of LAN and WAN services in complex infrastructure projects for large global customers. Projects encompassed products and services from Cisco, Juniper and other vendors and service providers including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, Cisco IOS, JunOS, IDS/IPS, Nexus, GigE/10GigE, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, QoS and other technologies and services.
Network Planning and Design
Sr. Network Engineer in Verizon Wireless' Network Planning and Transport Design Engineering group responsible for the design and engineering of various projects for Verizon Wireless' mobile data network. Worked on global LTE and CDMA roaming initiative and was the lead engineer responsible for the designing the architecture and connectivity for the Verizon Wireless Rural LTE partnerships. Projects involved the design and engineering of services on various platforms which include Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, Juniper, F5, A10, GigE, 10GigE, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF and various other technologies on Verizon Wireless' LTE and CDMA/EVDO networks.
Network Engineering Lead:
Network Engineering Lead for Dun Bradstreet global network infrastructure. Responsible for the design, engineering and implementation of various network projects in a complex global network consisting of Cisco, Nortel, and various other network vendor components. Environment included Voice over IP, BGP, MPLS, Frame Relay, QoS, VPNs, BigIP, Contivity, Checkpoint Firewalls, PRTG, eHealth, and Smarts.
Senior Network Engineer:
Three month contract for The Computer Merchant at CSC to support the Dun Bradstreet global network. Responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and management of various projects in a complex global network consisting of Cisco, Nortel, F5 and various other vendor technologies. Primarily focused on MPLS, BGP, Voice over IP, QoS, Contivity VPNs, F5 BigIP, Checkpoint Firewalls, Frame Relay, PRTG, eHealth, and Smarts.
VP - Global Security Architecture Engineering,
Responsible for vulnerability, threat analysis, and remediation tracking globally. Assessed and monitored new threats to the global infrastructure and worked with various groups to plan and implement solutions to address identified threats. Maintained active inventory of technology across the globe and managed collaboration with operational groups to track remediation. Worked on the development and implementation of systems to automate the process of vulnerability identification as well as remediation tracking and reporting.
VP - Global Network Services
Technical Product Manager responsible for technology standards for all extranet services including customer and internet facing services. Led significant global network undertakings including re-engineering the corporate Internet infrastructure, the redesign of all internal and external BGP standards, implementing new firewall and load balancing standards and technologies, implementing layer3 switching within the internet DMZs and the design and implementation of globally shared hosting facilities. Coordinated engineering efforts related to large acquisitions and consolidation efforts. Developed and piloted VoIP implementations for overseas call center outsourcing. Managed vendors, evaluated and recommended new equipment including hardware, software and features for various network technologies.
Principal Consultant Network Integration Services:
- Consulted with several Fortune 500/1000 companies to design and implement various LAN and WAN infrastructures and network management systems. Engagements mainly focused on Internet, eCommerce and secure computing solutions. Responsible for LAN and WAN integration services including Pre-Sales, recruiting, and staff development responsibilities.
- Proctored several classes on Network troubleshooting and internetwork design techniques.
VP Enterprise Telecom Services:
Responsible for Chase Home Finance data and voice telecommunications services including Network Operations, Network Design Engineering, Strategic Planning, Financial Planning Management, Project Management Implementation, and all Internet/Firewall services for over 300 sites with 12,000 nodes. Oversaw integration of mortgage company merger with Chemical along with the re-balancing and consolidation of resources and services and to reduce operating expenses on-going and support future business initiatives.
Responsible for the design and implementation of local and wide area networks in a mixed IP, IPX, LU6.2, SNA, Token Ring and FDDI environment. Managed branch, home office and international office relocation and renovation projects and implementations. Developed the corporate standards running Windows and desktop applications from the LAN. Provided 3rd level technical support and seminars to in-house personnel on PC Hardware, LAN Topologies and Troubleshooting Techniques.
Senior Technical Specialist
Installation of PC's, LANs, Branch Equipment, 3x74 Controllers, and Voice and Data Circuits. Highlights included the build out of a 20-floor PDS Cat-3 cabling system, the installation of several Timeplex Link-2 Nodes and various branch office relocations.
Ensure availability of trading support systems. Installation and testing of network hardware and software including modems, DSUs, 3x74s and 327x LUs. Troubleshoot VTAM, CICS and network problems using data-scopes, breakout boxes and line analyzers to isolate protocol and telecommunications problems. Installed several IBM 3728s and 3745s.
Senior Computer Operator
Supervision and Operation of tandem HP 1000 Computers supporting hundreds of ATM machines and a large data network for several regional banks. Troubleshoot and resolve system and communications problems and coordinate the testing and implementation of new banks and customer. Wrote programs in FORTRAN to automate Daily Status and Transaction Reports.