Detail-driven System Manager with than 20 years' experience in the military and civilian sectors in all major areas of networking and security technology. A certified professional with a proven track record driving troubleshooting and productivity improvement projects. Innovative problem solver and skilled communicator focused on effective relationship with management, teammates, and outside agencies. Seeking a role with a team the values efficiency and an application of urgency and initiative to every new project.
Areas of Expertise
SolarWinds Network Monitoring IpMonitor Symantec ePO/DLP/BackupExec NetPro/Quest/ScriptLogic Applications Administrator HP Systems Insight Manager DoubleTake VMware SRM5 Citrix Dell OpenManage / IT Assistant BCWipe Permanent File Deletion NetApp ONTAP 8 7-mode Microsoft ForeFront iLogic San Utilities Ticketing Systems: Altiris, PSSoft, Remedy SDE Windows XP, Windows 7 Windows Server 2003/2008 Microsoft Office all Versions Microsoft Windows Deployment Services 2003/2008R2 Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Microsoft System Center Configuration Management 2007/2012 VMware ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5
- Served as a Line manager, and direct chain of command for a team of five CIS experts three ICCs and two NCIA subcontractors. Also supervise military SysAdmins temporarily embedded in the team, and the technical delivery of additional subcontractors during project implementations write recurring staff evaluation reports, and leave approvals.
- Member of Systems Administrator recruitment boards.
- Hold delegated authority from SHAPE Enterprise Administrators to manage onward delegation of permissions to the team, Service Desk, and Tech Support.
- Proactively identify and address knowledge deficiencies within the team and ensure adequate training plans are developed and progressed. Plan and coordinate the Systems Administration team to achieve the operational mission, and manage two industry-grade server rooms. Take the lead role in resolving all storage-related issues, including hardware and software, including backup management, and storage monitoring.
- Write and update all NetApp/SCCM-related documentation and configurations, and other documentation as required. Review all requirements of new CIS projects and implementations delivered to KAF, and advise the CIS Superintendent, the DKAF SSG Chief, and the COMKAF CJ6 Chief accordingly.
- Coordinate with the LAN/WAN section to ensure proper configuration of the fabric switches. Conduct routine systems administration duties such as ticketing, server operating systems, Active Directory, ePO, WSUS, Exchange, SQL, removable storage security, file and block level backups, SCCM, SCOM, and VMware.
- Develop, test, and deploy OSD's, Task Sequences, applications, and scripts for multiple secure networks to meet constantly changing CIS requirements.
- Set-up, deploy, and configure CIS software and hardware for all NATO secured networks Also trained ICC's, NCIA subcontractors and military technician's on how to maintain NATO CIS software, hardware, and security e.g. install, configure, and troubleshoot CIS software and hardware.
- Resolve 2nd-Line issues locally and remotely, and assist with telephone and network troubleshooting and maintenance as required. Carry out shift duties and tech shop schedule administration.
- Serve as WDS, MDT and SCCM Site Administrator for all NATO network domains, and as the Kandahar Windows 7 Deployment Technical Project Lead.
System and Storage Administrator II
- Performed hardware, software and network upgrades for Medical Imaging Enterprise Environment on MS Windows 2003/2008 Enterprise Edition-based networks. Implement and maintain system security and configurations of 500 company Servers/SAN's while providing IT support, including planning, software and hardware configuration to a staff of 2000 end-users.
- Enforced overall HIPPA worksite security, data and break fix for core and offsite servers and SAN's, in support of a facility base of 90 sites, through system and networking monitoring tools.
- Analyzed information to determine, recommend, and plan layouts for type of workstation, or server and peripheral equipment modifications to existing systems. Administered Enterprise Auditing tools for Active Directory, Exchange, File Systems, and System Logs.
Active and Reserve Duty, Multiple Capacities
- Deployed to Iraq under Operation Iraqi Freedom, and worked with USACAPOC, 2nd/3rd BN of 2nd ID 1490th CA CO Prov . Served in the capacity as Civil Affairs Team Sgt. PSD Team Sgt. for Civil Affairs Team 44.
- Communicated with senior grade unit officers, immediate supervisors, and higher levels of management, and provided work reports of all daily activity via NIPR, SIPR CIDNE communication channels.
- Awarded the Combat Action Badge CAB, and The Army Commendation Medal for Exceptional and Dedicated Service.
HelpDesk I II System Administrator I
- Conducted hardware, software, and network upgrades for the Medical Imaging Enterprise Environment on MS Windows 2003/2008 Enterprise Edition-based network. Analyzed information to determine, recommend, and plan layouts for types of workstation or server, and peripheral equipment modifications to existing systems.
- Administer Enterprise Auditing tools for Active Directory, Exchange, File Systems, and Logs. Performed Help Desk support for Levels 1, 2 3 and assisted training new Help Desk Technicians.
- Supported problem reports, and coordinated appropriate and timely responses, including notifying appropriate system managers for resolution, monitoring progress, and keeping users apprised of progress. Resolved existing LAN/WAN user and email account problems.
- Interfaced with users for service desk-related installations, maintenance, and dispatched appropriate level support to common application and OS-related issues to end users. Observed Policy Procedure SOP guidelines to ensure requests are resolved and developed Standard Operating Procedures SOPs , and highlighted needed changes in current documentation.
- Followed and maintained industry best practices worked with internal and external support groups for proper escalation of tickets. Provided basic hardware and connectivity troubleshooting.
Active and Reserve Duty, Multiple Capacities
- Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan numerous tours, to work in the 401st Chemical CO, 310th CBRNE CO BIDS , 83rd Chemical BN, 11th Chemical CO BIDS , and with 3rd/10th Special Forces.
- Served in several capacities to include: CBIS Assistant Team Sergeant., and CBIS Team Sergeant.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with senior grade unit officers, immediate supervisor and/or higher levels of management, by providing work reports of all daily activity via NIPR, SIPR and CIDNE communication channels.
- Earned numerous awards for excellence in service and performance.