Proven top performing application developer with 20 years of success in analysis, programming, and support of business and technical software solutions.
- 20 years' experience in software design and development for business, banking, medical, non-profit, housing, aviation, and manufacturing
- 10 years' experience in database design
- 5 years' experience in SQL Server, Reporting and C /MFC
- 3 years' experience in .Net, C , VB.Net, ADO.Net, SharePoint, Crystal Reports, QuickBase, and Delphi
- 10 years' experience in Microsoft Access, Excel and Office applications,
- Consistently exceeds expectations in performance reviews
- Extremely conscientious and detail oriented
- Cited by bestselling author Jesse Liberty in Programming C , O'Reilly Publishing: To ensure that Programming C is accurate, complete and targeted at the needs and interests of professional programmers, I enlisted the help of some of the brightest programmers I know, including Sue Lynch..
Application Development Accomplishments
- Directed full spectrum of life cycle of complex applications, including: needs analysis, prototyping, database design, system design, programming in Access and SQL Server, user documentation, and training. Development of updates as requirements change.
- Housing admissions program for staff to enter information about prospective tenants, track progress of multiple property applications, enforce government requirements, and generate correspondence to applicants.
- CRM for outreach workers and housing specialists conforming to government agency regulations for non-profit organizations to enter information about clients, graphically map their locations, identify contacts, and document the progress of housing placements via a user-friendly interface. Continue to update, as government requirements for funding change.
- Reporting component of Web based travel booking application. SQL Transformation of data from and to outside CRM database. System analysis and design for data layer through presentation layer, C programming, SQL triggers and stored procedures, unit and system testing, and project management of outside subcontractors.
Information Systems Programmer Analyst
- Research and implement appropriate software to solve management and user problems:
- Outreach Tracking and Tenant Intake applications: Directed both projects through full spectrum of life cycle: Conducted series of interviews with management and users, developed specifications, designed prototype and full application, programmed in Access and SQL Server, unit and system tested, wrote detailed user documentation and trained users. Continue to update, as government requirements for funding change. Outreach Tracking enables outreach workers and housing specialists to enter information about, and graphically map locations of, homeless clients, their contacts and housing placements via user-friendly interface. Tenant Intake allows intake staff to track the progress of tenant applications and enforces government imposed rules.
- After interviews with the manager of organization's new national outreach initiative, designed, created and maintained QuickBase application, with built in regional security restrictions, that collects and reports on surveys from over 50 regions nationwide.
- Act as liaison between outside consultants and users in designing applications through ongoing specification meetings. Conduct testing and implementation of software.
- Data requests from management and users:
- Regularly design TSQL queries to accommodate needs of users within the organization, as well as new and on-going data extract requirements from various funding agencies.
- Meet with managers and users to create practical solutions and develop specifications and processes to improve and speed up existing work flow.
- Respond to database-related helpdesk issues.
- Assist users with solutions to ongoing database requirements and issues, both for in-house, as well as third party vendor applications.
- Create Excel forms that auto-populate fields and dropdowns from SQL Server queries to reduce user workload and user error.
- Train managers and users, both individually and in groups, on various in-house applications.
Operations Support Programmer
- Designed and developed custom solutions for the Operations Group for travel booking tool.
- Responsible for Customer Information / Administration and Custom Reporting Crystal Reports Tools which were implemented as both WinForms and WebForms ASP.Net solutions.
- Complete software development life cycle and project responsibilities including gathering requirements from operations group, developing project code base, creating web design specifications for outside software consultants, conducting unit and system testing and maintaining the code in a CVS repository.
- SQL data transformation from and to outside CRM database integration into company's existing booking application software.
- Specific skills utilized included system analysis and design for data layer through presentation layer, C programming, SQL triggers and stored procedures, unit and system testing and project management of outside subcontractors. Also researched, selected and implemented third-party load testing software.
Programmer Analyst Consultant
Developed highly configurable Winforms in-house client management system using C , SQL, XML and Infragistic controls.
Programmer and Developer Consultant
- Programmed and implemented new features for Visual C /MFC commercial Hematology Analyzer, a multi-threaded/multi-tiered client/server based product and maintained code using Visual Source Safe. Product is sold worldwide, running on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation and communicating with diagnostic instruments.
- Interfaced with users and handled troubleshooting of software problems.
- Architected, programmed and unit-tested new Cerebrospinal Fluid CSF Analysis component, enabling testing of non-blood materials. Seamlessly integrated CSF product with existing analyzer software.
- Generically designed CSF component to simplify future software changes, enabling analysis of various bodily fluids.
- Implemented new UI skins by designing a utility to allow graphic designers to test out various ideas on the application dynamically, working closely with them to promptly bring their ideas to fruition.
- Worked with specification team and programming colleagues to design new Slide Maker Stainer component.
- Designed, programmed, implemented and supported over 40 multi-user DOS-based Paradox applications and Window-based Access applications.
- Access applications used at over 300 workstations at the Bank throughout California and its interstate centers.
- Applications included Overdrawn Accounts, Cash Balancing, Wire Tracking, Suspense Items, Account Analysis and Vendor Bill Paying.
- Lead programmer and designer for in-house program-generation tools, multi-user dBase project management and client billing systems.
- Trained and mentored application programmers.
- Worked the PC helpdesk hotline for client Citicorp Savings.