Sr. Certified Network Engineer Resume
- Over 8 years of expertise in Network Planning, Designing, Implementing and troubleshooting of complex Multi - protocol IP networks, Frame-Relay networks, ATM network. Extensively worked on L2/L3 switches, Load balancers, firewalls and VPN’s
- Implemented vendor packages and is responsible for the support and deployment
- Strong background in technical support, network and communications infrastructure, and desktop administration and VOIP telephony support operations.
- Hands on experience on vendor platforms such as Cisco, Juniper routers and switches, F5 load balancers, Cisco ASA and Cisco pix firewalls
- Involved in Implementation, testing and back out procedures for all network Upgrades & modifications.
- Experience in managing and migration of large scale enterprise networks, extensive knowledge in developing test plans, procedures and testing various LAN/WAN products and protocols.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving and debugging skills with good verbal/written communications and presentation skills.
- Effective team player with an aptitude to learn and ability to prioritize, organize and accomplish multiple tasks, both as part of a team and independently.
- Reporting tools Eventia and others, basic scripting, networking, DNS, firewalls. Worked in various industries like Telecommunications, Production, Manufacturing, and Engineering services industry.
LAN WAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, VLAN, Frame Relay, ISDN T1/E1(PRI/BRI),ATM, PPP, ATM, MPLS, DSL modems
Cisco Routers: 7200, 3800, 3700, 3600, 2960, 2800, 2600
Switches: 2900XL, 2950, 2960, 3560, 3750, 4500, and 6500
Firewalls: Cisco PIX 501, 510, 515E, ASA 5520, 5540, Checkpoint
Juniper: M40, M20
Protocol: Layer 3 RIP V2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP Layer 2 VTP, STP, RSTP, MST, VLANs and LACP
Security: IKE, IPSec, SSL
IPSec/VPN: PIX to Router, Router to Router, PIX to VPN wildcard client, ASA to ASA, PIX to PIX
Network Management: Cisco works 2000, HP open view, Solar winds
Authentication: RADIUS, TACACS+, Digital s
VOIP: Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco IP phones, Avaya
Cryptographic Algorithms: DES, 3DES, AES, RSA, DSA, SHA, MD5, Diffie-Hellman, Key exchange.
Load Balancer: Big IP F5, Cisco ACE.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Windows server 2003
Confidential, Portland, OR
Sr. Certified Network Engineer
- Responsible for the Installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting of Data center network
- Provide technical support and customer service to existing clients in help-desk, desktop, server and network deployment, migration, maintenance and disposal.
- Analyze and design new servers and storage systems while optimizing LAN using performance reports and monitoring applications in 24/7 environment.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading the different 2G, 3G, and 4G network technologies.
- Worked on Line card redundancy (LCRs) on Cisco 7609 router to provide non-stop forwarding of traffic
- Solid technical understanding and creating MOPs, skill technical review of MOPs, troubleshooting, building, repairing, and configuring of core computer network components including PCs, servers, firewalls, Cisco routers, switches, configuring VPN Client IP addresses, Windows Operating Systems, backup systems software, anti-virus, and e-mail.
- Worked on aggregation and load balancing of traffic from server farm to service provider
- Provided redundancy to the network, implemented Hot standby routing protocol (HSRP) and Load sharing for effective utilization of routers
- Involved in the troubleshooting process working with cross-functional teams. Includes working with those responsible all the way from the cell site back to our core data and transport network.
- Install and manage all DC firewalls and legacy load balancers.
- Use of Network management tool, Cisco Works to monitor link failures in network and monitor traffic
- Configured CISCO Switches 4507, 6509 for creating VLAN’s and inter-VLAN routing and CISCO routers 3845, 7204 at various levels of network design
- Migration of Checkpoint Firewall-1/VPN to ASA 5505 firewall for addressing enterprise needs of firewall
- Highly involved with the Network Support team to administer the Corporate Data Center Network consisting of higher end Cisco devices Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000 and Fabric Extenders.
- Planned and implemented various security projects including IDS/IPS deployment and network monitoring
- Strong understanding ofDNS,DHCP, Firewalls, and VPN
- Expert in designing, deploying and maintaining campusWIFInetwork.
- Configure, support, and maintain a Cisco data network infrastructure consisting of routers,Nexusand Catalyst switches.
- Configured, Supported and maintained a cisco data network infrastructure consisting of routers, Nexus and catalyst switching.
- Troubleshooting any Routing related problems across various different networks.
- Responsible for all Network Security and services including Firewalls, Load balancers, Proxies, Remote Access, Streaming media, WAN acceleration, Wireless and DNS.
- Experienced in Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing Protocols EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/RIP/IS-IS
- Responsible for network design, projects and support across the globally co-located data center networks, WAN/MPLS and ISP edge networks.
- Identify issues, implement controls and develop guidelines pertaining to LAN/WAN
- Installed and Configured the F5 BIG-IP LTM, Configure virtual servers and associate them with pools for internal web servers.
- Worked on planning and designing of data center environment with 6509 switches in distribution layer
- Analyze and resolving complex problems that requires independent judgment and discretion to make decisions in the best interest of the business
- Involved in support for Cisco ASA 5520 firewall with IPS module to monitor the traffic from the internet
- Involved in Configure and troubleshoot network elements in a Test/Development environment.
- Work hand in hand with the core and web systems teams on building/provisioning/troubleshooting all levels of network issues and projects.
- Worked on Citrix Xenapp application on windows server to manage datacenter virtually and provide instant service to users on any device.
- Build and modifying network configurations and work with vendors to come up with network designs
- Manage switch and data engineering projects and Troubleshoot issues/analyzing problems
- Order and install equipment and ensuring projects stay within budget.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Installing, designing and supporting Cisco wireless LWAPP environment, supporting both 802.11n (2.4 GHz) and 802.11b/g environment.
- Experience with system deployment of desktop, laptop workstation and system set-up.
- Installing Cisco 1200 series access points
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree
- Dealt with many issues on both Switching Architecture and IP services.
- Administration of Cisco IOS (11.0 and 12.x) on routers (2500, 3900, 7206)
- Regular troubleshooting using various command line tools on Cisco routers and network segments
- Worked on management and Implementation of Cisco PIXs FW 525 throughout the networks to provide the high security
- Broad experience with Cisco network technologies includingNexus
- Designed and implemented various Routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP across networks in multiple locations. And experienced with Packet capture applications like Wireshark and Packet sniffing tools.
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies Palo Alto.
- Integration TCP/IP using Web Sphere Message broker.
- Installed & configured Cisco PIX to provide security to the network also Upgraded IOS 12.0 to 12.2, Catalyst OS, PIX 6.2 to 6.3
- Maintained and upgraded Cisco IOS 2800, 4000,4700, 7200 series routers and Alcatel-lucent sros devices.
- Familiar withsnmp, smtp, mail routing.
- Experienced in facing the Bluecoat and Palo Alto product lines, up to pre sales type of function.
- Strong understanding of the different load balancing options & features to include
- AAA implementation using Cisco Secure ACS (TACACS+, RADIUS)
- Experience with research, design, routing, security and switching of high level components
- Worked on setup and creating L7 DoS and Brute force attack protection for web applications using F5 BIG-IP ASM
- Knowledge of leveraging F5 devices for application load balancing like Microsoft exchange etc.
- Used VMware ESX for virtualization of servers at enterprise level
- Configured and troubleshoot VLAN, VTP, STP and trunks
- Configuring and Maintaining internal VOIP network
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Work with the Network Operations Center monitoring and reporting tools to provide top-quality support to the MTM customer base.
- Handle critical network events in a professional manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Utilized Twiki, open source enterprise Wiki to create web page applications.
- Day to day activities
- Working with NOC related tools and monitoring applications.
- Expertise in implementation and troubleshooting of IP routing protocols such as RIP, RIPV2, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP and multi-layer switching
- Communication with customers and/or internal groups to report or resolve system related or network issues.
- Strong understanding ofDNS,DHCP, Firewalls, and VPN.
- Demonstrated experience with Check Point, Cisco, andPaloAltoNetworks solutions
- Provide technical support and customer service to existing clients within 2-4 hours time frame. Deployment Lead and managed teams of 4 PC specialists to complete projects in timely and seamless transitions.
- Significantfirewallexperience withJuniperand Check Point firewalls (Juniper is preferred over Check Point) At least 5 years of experience configuring and maintaining firewalls.
- Work with third-party maintenance, co-location facility staff and major Internet backbone providers to identify and resolve customer affecting network, hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Problem ticket creation, processing and queue management
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Follow all documented processes and procedures, responsible for managing after-hours and weekend high severity incidents including effective communications
- Escalate all site issues to documented escalation matrix and Provide timely feedback on process/procedural improvements and operational inefficiencies
- Monitor all DSL, T1, SONET and OC3 Telco connections and generated service tickets for outages, escalating with service providers until services were restored assisting in maintaining optimal operations of data centers with the ability to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with firewall and VPN.
- Responsible for planning, execution and completion of assigned projects. This typically involves managing multiple projects at once
- Performed various projects successfully by minimizing network downtime
- Worked on troubleshooting customer related issues related to MPLS VPN, PE router Configuration, PE-CE link issues, Layer 1/Layer 2 issues
- Designing the IP address planning of the Core Network and Involved in the installation and commissioning of Routers and Switches.
- Management of platforms such as Cisco 7606, 7609 Supported networks running OSPF as the core routing protocol and involved in troubleshooting of issues relating to Multi-area OSPF
- Configuration and troubleshooting high-end networks
- Configuring and monitoring the Enterprise LAN/WAN, high end switches/Routers and other WAN equipment
- Hands-on experience with hardware load balancers.
- Configured and troubleshoot VLAN, VTP, STP and Trunks.
- Working with routing protocols - RIP V1/V2, OSPF
- Involved in effective communication with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of problems, equipment RMA’s and provided 24x7 support
Network Support Engineer
- Responsibilities included configuration and installation of software and hardware
- Involved in troubleshooting software, hardware and network problems
- Configuration and maintenance of Cisco 2600 series routers with EIGRP routing protocol
- Configuration and maintenance of Cisco 2900 series switches including VLANs and Trunking protocols also configuring all the end ports as access ports using port fast and implementing BPDU guard
- Project managing complex network implementations, including Cisco PIX firewall and Cisco Intrusion Detection System installation, Cisco VPN and Layer III implementations.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and supports the LAN / WAN hardware, software and Internet /Intranet integration network connectivity, diagnose network failures and resolve any problems.
- Responsible for implementation and day to day operations of all associated hubs, routers, bridges, gateways and related equipment
- Monitoring the network, troubleshooting network problems, implementing changes, communicating and working closely with vendors, customers, system administrators
- Troubleshoot Frame Relay; T1, T3, IP and OSPF related router and circuit issues.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes