Linux/unix Systems Administrator Resume
San Francisco, CA
- Overall 7 years of experience in UNIX/LINUX Systems and Network administration for Sun Solaris 9, 10, 11 Linux (RHEL 4, 5, 6 & SUSE 9/10/11), HP - UX 10.x, 11.x and IBM AIX 4/5/6 running on X86, SPARC, Power and PA-RISC HW.
- Installed, configured and maintained UNIX/LINUX servers in an enterprise environment (Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX) wif SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites for business critical applications.
- Experience working wif cloud computing using Amazon EC2 services.
- Experience working on Splunk installations, upgrading the versions and also windows universal forwarder.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX/ESXi, VSphere, VCenter.
- Volume and File system management using Veritas Volume Manager (VVM) and Veritas File system (Veritas Storage Foundation).
- Experience supporting servers running Solaris 11 on SPARC T3 and T4 HW.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Red Hat HA (RHCS), and MSCS.
- Involved in Virtualization using VMWare ESXi 3.5/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5 and build Linux and Windows VM’s.
- Experience on Yum and RPM packaging.
- Experience working wif different HW like HP, Dell and VCE HW like Blade centers, Rack servers and Vblock.
- Supported different tools for automation like configuration and management software puppet, scheduling software BMC, Maestro and Monitoring software’s like Nagios.
- Experience in automating jobs using shell and Perl scripts.
- Extensive experience in writing and troubleshooting scripts in ksh, bash, python & perl languages.
- Experience on different types of repositories such as GIT-Hub, SVN.
- Good noledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and ISCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.23/11.31 and Red hat LINUX.
- Experience in supporting Solaris Zones and LDoM’s on T series servers running Solaris 11.
- Performed patching of Linux, Solaris, and HPUX and AIX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers.
- Involved in migration set up for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications.
- Experience in SFTP/FTP.
- Extensive experience working wif automation tools like Puppet to push updates of configurations like sudo, ssh, sendmail and patches.
- Configuration and Implementation of SAN Storage such as IBM DS8000/4000, IBM ESS Shark, EMC Clariion, HP EVA, NetApp.
- Setting up NIS/NFS on Red Hat servers, setting up JBOSS cluster and oracle 10g cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, Red Hat Linux 4.0/5.0.
- Installation/configuration for Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Informix Databases.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and LINUX platform.
Operating Systems: SunSolaris 7,8,9 & 10 Linux (Red Hat 3.x,4.x,5.x, SUSE 10), HPUX 10.20,11.11,11.23, 11.31,AIX, Windows,VMware ESX 3.x,4.x.
Hardware: Sun Ultra Enterprise Servers (E3500, E4500, E450, E420R, E250, Sun Fire (6800/4800/3800/v880/v480/v210/v440/280R/15K/25K), TSeries, MSeries, IBM F-series and P-series, IBM RS6000, DELL Poweredge 1650,2850,2950,6400. HP DL320,DL360,DL380, DL580 (G5,G6), IBM/Dell Blade Servers
Tools: Veritas Foundation Suite (VxVM, VxFS), Veritas Cluster Server (VCS),Veritas Netbackup, HP
Database: MS SQL SERVER, Oracle 9, 10g MY SQL, SQLite, INFORMIX, Sybase
Middleware: Windows IIS, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0,7.0, JBoss AS 4-7
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, Telnet, FTP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, route, Netstat, Xinetd, HTTP, SAMBA, NetApp, top, sar, vmstat
Storage: EMC Symmetrix/Clarriion, Sun Storage Array D1000, A5000, Hitachi arrays, HP EVA.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Experience in Installed, Configuring and Maintaining Solaris/Red Hat Linux (Solaris 8,9 & 10, OEL 5/6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x,5.x & 6.2) on SPARC, x86 and Itanium server’s and Blade Centers.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File system Management using LVM, Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File system (Veritas Storage Foundation), Configuring ZFS file systems.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESX 5.1/5.5, vCenter, vSphere, and Solaris 10 Zones.
- Installation and Configuration of Sun Enterprise Servers, HP and IBM Blade Servers, HP 9000, RS 6000, IBM series.
- Installation and configuration of Git-Hub repository.
- Building new virtual machines using Amazon EC2 services wif different instance size for two separate regions of servers.
- Worked on Load balancer for most of the Amazon EC2 servers.
- Configured Enterprise UNIX/LINUX systems in heterogeneous environment (Linux (Red Hat &SUSE), Solaris, HP-UX) wif SAN/NAS infrastructure across multiple sites on mission business critical systems
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration, documentation of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using OMNIBACK on UNIX and SUSE & Red Hat Linux platform.
- Configured Maven for building the new projects.
- Worked on AWS to get control of computing devices.
- Involved in supporting different HW ranging from Rack to Blade and also supported vblock HW to run ESX environment.
- Experience on Open Stack application deployment and configuration and Open Stack instances.
- Installed and configured Netscape and Apache web server and Samba Server.
- Troubleshooting scripts in shell,Perl.
- Worked on Git-Hub as code repository and also on SVN.
- Performed quarterly patching of Linux, AIX, Solaris and HPUX servers on regular schedule. Involved in up Network/SAN based ignite images for HPUX PA RISC and integrity servers
- Good noledge of RAID groups and setting up NFS, CIFS and iSCSI protocols in SAN/NAS environment on HPUX 11.23/11.31 and Red Hat LINUX.
- Implementation of oracle RAC 10g on HPUX blades and Itanium servers wif Red Hat Linux RHEL 4.0/5.0 along wif SAN storage on EVAs. Also implemented and support HPUX Service guard on Linux servers.
- Installing packages used Yum and RPM packaging based on RHEL.
- Worked on MS Exchange 2010 and Lync 2010.
- Worked on Jenkins application to build and deploy puppet and different projects.
- Involved and set up migration for UNIX/Linux server and SAN storage between data centers and also application migration and testing. This included SAN/Application migration and testing various functionalities of key applications
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration of SFTP/FTP servers.
- Installing, setup of Proliant blade BL,DL series wif fiber channel connectivity, Cisco GESM interconnect switch, configuring the connectivity, setting up JBOSS cluster, setting up oracle 10g cluster, configuring load-balancing on apache, on Red Hat Linux 4.0/5.0 Setting up NIS/NFS on Red Hat servers.
- Setting up JBoss cluster and configuring apache wif JBoss on Red Hat Linux. Proxy serving wif Apache. Troubleshooting Apache wif JBoss troubleshooting for the clients.
- Setting up the lab environment wif Tomcat/Apache, configuring the setup wif F5 virtual load balancer for customer application.
Environment: Red Hat 5.6, Solaris 9/10, VMware ESX 5.0/5.1/5.5, vSphere Client 4.0, HP Proliant Servers DL 380/360,Dell Servers (R series),Windows 2008 sever, EMC Clarion, Netapp, Apache2 Web Server, F5 load balancer.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Administration of RHEL and AS 3, 4, 5 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5.
- System and Network Administration training, which include but is not limited to installing Linux, Solaris, UNIX internals, NFS/NIS management, and DNS Configuration
- Configuration of LVM on AIX 5.x and RHEL and extensively used LVM, created VGs, LVs and mirroring
- Creating, installing and configuring Zones, LDOMs in Sun Solaris 10using Jumpstart.
- Performs Integration, Deployment and maintenance support of system integration activities.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center and AIX LPARs on P550 and P570.
- Experience working on Debian as a system admin and configuration, troubleshooting.
- Using Git-Hub to store the updated codes and all the regular deployment.
- Based on AWS cloud we configured the server reboot and increase the size.
- Regular disk management like adding/replacing hard drives on existing Linux, AIX, Solaris servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Provides coordination wif technical presentation to the customer. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Experience in different types of Linux cluster RCS and GFS.
- Worked on Open Stack automation jobs as well as puppet configuration modules on Open Stack.
- Installing packages used Yum and RPM packaging based on RHEL.
- Build LPAR system and Installed AIX 5.3 and 6.1 on LPAR using NIM Power 4, 5 and 6 systems and Upgraded Maintenance level as well.
- Involves in maintenance support and troubleshooting of system deployed wif customers.
- Adding SAN using multipath and creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes.
- Gathering requirements from customers and business partners and design, implement and provide solutions in building the environment.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Installing JBoss application, JDK 1.5, 1.6, setting up and testing Ingrain device.
- Updated the System Firmware for IBM power5 and power4 machines.
- Used LPAR Validation Tool (LVT) to validate the resources assigned to LPARs
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on AIX, RHEL including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP applications, to insure optimal networking, application functionality
- Installed and verified dat all AIX/Linux patches or updates are applied to the servers.
- Performed Installation and Configuration of NIM. Installed AIX on each node using NIM.
- Expertise in enterprise class storage including SCSI, RAID and Fiber-Channel technologies.
- Configuration of the RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage using Veritas File system and Volume Manager.
- Experience and configured on log4j server based on log stash and elastic search.
- Installed and Configured Web sphere Application servers on Linux and AIX.
- Provide technical support to other teams, members and associates.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4/5,Debian, BMC Tools, NAGIOS, Veritas NetBackup, Korn Shell, Bash Scripting, Veritas Volume Manager, web servers, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic servers,SAN Switches, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, Weblogic application server.
- Installation, Configuration, Administration & Trouble Shooting of Solaris 10, and RHEL 5.
- System builds from the scratch for UNIX and Linux system.
- User administration through power broker and power password tools.
- Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat web servers.
- Package, Patches management, migration, integration & distribution in development, testing, QA, Training, Production environment. ( Testing: UAT, SIT, OAT, Performance testing)
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability Veritas Cluster Servers for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, LVM, Veritas File System and Veritas Cluster Server.
- Worked and configured Log stash on the server side.
- Created User, Groups. File Systems per database requirement.
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager.
- Managed physical and Logical volumes, Volume Groups etc. in Linux.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Web logic, Web sphere and Apache Servers in Solaris.
- Used Puppet to build, configure and maintain all servers.
- Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools and implemented SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) security compliance.
- Configuration of IPv4, IPv6 and IPSEC.
- Installation and configured Solaris 10 wif zone configuration.
- NFS Management - Take care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS Environment.
- Maintaining site services, it includes NIS master, slave servers, DNS servers, SAMBA servers, FTP server and Net backup server.
- Trouble shooting of day to day system and user problems
- 24*7 production and technical support.
- Advanced trouble-shooting issues in production environment raised by Tier 1 and Tier II support
- Planning and implemented Disaster Recovery sites from the scratch.
- Troubleshooting various problems, logging call wif vendors.
- Installation & configuration of Solaris Jumpstart Server.
- UNIX Shell/Perl scripting for job automation.
- Creating zones for application.
- Interacting wif various teams such as Oracle database team, and Net Backup team.
Environment: Solaris 8,9,10, Red Hat Linux AS/EL 4.0, AIX 5.2, 5.3, Sun E10k, E25K, E4500, SunFire V440/880, DMX 3 & DMX4, Siteminder, SonicMQ 7.0, VxFS 4.1, VxVM 4.1, SVM.
- Installation, Upgrading and configuration of Red Hat Linux and Windows 2000 servers.
- Installed and Configured Web Logic 6.0/7.1 Application Server.
- Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Configuration and troubleshooting on Ubuntu.
- Upgraded BEA Web Logic 7.0/6.1 server wif latest service pack patches to 8.1.
- Implementation of Samba to halp printing and file sharing in the mixed Environment
- Installing and setting up Oracle8i on Linux for the development team
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files.
- Developed Korn and Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server
- Configuring Windows Machines in Work Group Environment
- Create system images wif Norton ghost.
- Performance Monitoring & System tuning.
- Managed Virtual Memory and swap space on Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Configuration of DNS, APACHE, MAIL, DHCP & FTP Servers in Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x.
- Written Shell scripts to run Batch Jobs using cron and at.
- Implementing Raid levels and changing Boot PROM values according to the requirement.
- Configuring modems & printers.
- Documenting the configurations, changes made on any part of System and Network.
- Involved in Backup of data on DAT tape drive, security, performance and availability of system and network.
- Provided support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and pager support.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls, attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x/4.x/5.x., Ubuntu, Windows 2000/NT 4.0, Apache 1.3.x, 1.2, 2.x, IIS 4.0 and Oracle 8i, bash/ksh shell, Samba, DNS, Apache, MAIL, DHCP & FTP.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux and windows NT server.
- Monitoring System performance and do kernel tuning to enhance the system Performance.
- Configuration of NIS, NFS, sends mail on Solaris and Tru64.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and automation of server.
- Backup management and recovery policies.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle (7.x/8.x/8i)
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, Creating and modifying application related objects, Creating Profiles, Users, Roles and maintaining system security.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements, Database Backup and Recovery, Exporting and Importing Database, Creating Database triggers for security & data manipulation.
- Trouble shooting of day to day system problems
- User account management and support.
- Assist in 2nd level support of user email and printer issues in Windows and UNIX environments.
Environment: Linux 3.x/4.x, Windows 2000, Sar, Iostat, VMstat, MPstat, tar, and cpio.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes