- Around 5 years of experience in IT industry using AWS cloud and DevOps Engineer with the strong innovative and best practices in SCM agile methodologies.
- Expertise and exposed to full software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Design, Implementation, and Testing.
- Experience in designing, deploying, maintaining and operating the AWS cloud resources S3, EBS, EC2, VPC (NAT VPC peering and VPN), ELB, AMI, SQS, SNS, ECS, IAM, RDS, Red shift, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Cloud Front and Route53.
- Extensive Knowledge on infrastructure deployment using AWS Cloud Formation and developing the cloud Formation templates.
- Hands on experience with best practices in developing and integration of the web services.
- Worked on the installation of the Centos, RedHat Linux OS Servers and expertise in writing Bash and Shell Scripting.
- Good knowledge in maintaining the source code repositories like SVN tortoise, Git and GitHub.
- Expertise in setting up the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline using the Jenkins, Maven, SVN, GitHub, Ansible and Docker.
- Automated project workflows and pipelines by using the continuous integration tools like Jenkins by using the automation tools for all build and deployments.
- Experience in writing the Ansible playbooks, modules and roles, deploying the applications using the Ansible. Extensively used Ansible for the configurations management of the EC2 instances hosted in the AWS cloud.
- Expertise in using the Ansible Playbook to automate the infrastructure activities like Application server setup and integrating the Ansible with Jenkins.
- Experience with the container based technology using Docker, creating and working with the Docker images and containers, pushing the docker images to the Docker Hub for reusability.
- Worked closely with Development teams by participating in the meetings to discuss and understand the requirements to automating the process of tasks.
AWS cloud: EC2, S3, IAM (Identity and Access Management), AMI, EFS, EBS, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, RDS, Route 53, SNS, SQS, ECS, Lambda
Operating Systems: Redhat Linux, Cent OS, Ubuntu, Windows
Languages: Java, PHP, Java Script, jQuery, C++, HTML, CSS
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, GITHUB
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Amazon RDS, DynamoDB
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Automation/Provisioning: Ansible, Cloud Formation, Knowledge on Chef
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DHCP, Cisco Routers, LAN
CI / CD: Jenkins
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Deployed applications into the AWS cloud using Amazon EC2, VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), IAM (Identity and Access Management), AWS S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Route 53.
- Managing the user account by assigning and minimizing the roles to the various AWS services through IAM.
- Configuring and versioning the S3 buckets and creating the life cycle policies to store and archive data to Amazon Glacier.
- Designing and creating the cloud Formation template to automate the process of application deployments.
- Configuring and managing the Auto Scaling Groups, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and EC2 snapshots for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Configuring notifications for various AWS services and created performance metrics using CloudWatch and SNS.
- Managing the configuration of the existing AWS servers by using the Ansible.
- Creating the Ansible Playbook using YAML to manage the server configurations.
- Working on Ansible Tower to automate the repetitive tasks to minimize the operational costs. Good knowledge on Ansible Vaults to encrypt and decrypt thee files.
- Designing and developing the CI (Continuous Integration)/ CD (Continuous Deployment) pipeline by using the integrated infrastructure tools using GIT, Jenkins, Ansible and Maven.
- Monitoring the log files from application servers and analyzing the root cause of the problem along with development teams.
- Working on the installation of Docker, creation of Docker container images, tagging, pulling and pushing the images from the Docker repository.
Environment: EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, Glacier, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail, Route 53, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, EC2 Snapshots, Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, Ansible, Docker.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Administrating the AWS cloud services by managing the EC2 instances, S3, Glacier, SQS, within the organization.
- Worked on Amazon RDS to setup high availability of the database by deploying RDS in Multi - AZ configuration.
- Provisioning the AWS EC2 servers by assigning the EBS volumes, auto scaling groups, load balancers, security groups in the defined VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
- Configured the SNS topics for prod and test servers to trigger the alarm in case of any server failures.
- Designed the cloud formation template to create the custom VPC, subnets, Route tables, IGW (Internet Gateway) to ensure deployments of webservers in the public subnet and RDS servers in the private subnet.
- Created the SNS topics for AWS S3 and assigning the ARN of the S3 buckets to send the notifications to the subscribers on object creation and deletion.
- Used weighted routing concept to route the traffic between available servers using the Route 53 AWS Service.
- Configured the GitHub repositories and created the user level access to the project repositories.
- Involved in Setting up the Continuous integration by scheduling the jobs in Jenkins from GitHub.
- Involved in analyzing and troubleshooting the issues in the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline.
- Wrote ansible playbooks to manage the software configurations of the infrastructure located in AWS cloud.
- Automated the administration tasks using the Ansible.
Environment: s: EC2, AMI, Security Groups, ELB, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ansible.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Implemented web applications using AWS cloud.
- Writing the cloud formation stack scripts using YAML to generate the required infrastructure for the web application.
- Moving the Archived data to Amazon Glacier.
- Created the on-demand EC2 instances for development and testing teams.
- Created and assigning Security groups, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public subnets, Private Subnets, IGW for the EC2 servers.
- Monitored and analyzing the cloud watch logs and troubleshooting the errors.
- Extensive knowledge on working with the AWS CLI and AWS console.
- Worked closely with the development teams to build the continuous integration and continuous Delivery Pipelines using Git, Jenkins and Maven.
- Created the Ansible playbooks using the Ansible roles.
- Running the cron job that scans the EC2 instances in the AWS environment and creates the inventory list for the ansible playbooks.
Environment: EC2, VPC, Glacier, S3, Cloud watch, Git, Jenkins, Maven and Ansible.
- Analyzing the bugs/defects and identifying the root cause for the critical and medium alerts.
- Involved in all phases of the development - Script writing, code integration, and application development.
- Troubleshooting the issues by working with cross- functionality teams.
- Integrated the code from different modules and commit it to the SVN.
- Prepared the unit test cases by analyzing and understanding the client requirements for different modules in the application.
Environment: JAVA, Spring, JSP, Servlets, Maven, Webservices, HTML, CSS.