- Over 10 years of IT experience in Build and Release, SCM, AWS, Environment Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and Devops Methodologies
- Amazon Web Services Certified Developer Associate
- Experience in developing complex build, test, provision and deployment systems and providing support to a large community of developers and testers
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good noledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, DynamoDB, VPC, Autoscaling, EBS, IAM
- Good noledge on implementing serverless architecture using LAMDA
- Expertise on designing, building infrastructure on AWS environment
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto - scaling, load balancers in teh defined virtual private connection
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Hands on experience on deployment tools and configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible
- Expert in build control tools such as ANT and MAVEN
- Experience on branching, merging, conflict resolution using source control tools such as Git
- Experience writing playbooks using Ansible to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations
- Good experience on virtualization andcontainertechnology like Docker
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code
- Experience with Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing teh configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Experienced in implementing and managing release process for teh progression of code in teh Development, Test, UAT, Staging and Production environments
- Experience in deploying applications on Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere and WebLogic servers
- Expertise in managing DEVELOPMENT, UAT and PRODUCTION environments for various releases and designed instance strategies
- Strong design/development experience with SDLC including Business modeling, Requirements gathering, Analysis and design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment, and Integration. Extensive uses of various design methodologies like OOA & OOD, UML and Design Patterns
- Experience in Oracle, MySQL and in writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, cursors, optimizing queries using SQL and also worked on database design
- Good noledge on teh entire process of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage (Multiple) project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines and can work either independently or as a part of a team
Languages: Java, C/C++, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, CFT, RDS, IAM )
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible
Source Code Management: Subversion, Git, Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VMware, Virtual Box
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, DB
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss
Operating systems: Windows, Linux/RHEL, Mac OS X, iOS.
- Installed and administered GIT and ensured reliability of application besides working on branching strategies for GIT.
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a master and slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Hands-on experience configuring workflows, writing jobs in Jenkins for performing automated builds and deployments.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, and feature addition builds using Jenkins.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Created python and bash shell scripts to support various performance and monitoring tasks
- Worked on various POCs to demonstrate teh feasibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR, WAR and EAR artifact.
- Expert in automation (writing Shell & Ruby scripts) to monitor UNIX production applications
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across project
- Created custom chef recipes that deploys builds from Nexus to target node
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use to build and deployment of existing Java/.Net applications environment.
- Integrated JIRA with SVN to help teh change management process run smoothly.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Worked on setting up Websphere Application servers, and configuring SVN and database connection over Eclipse IDE for development teams.
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures, troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Experienced administering a large scale distributed application environment.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with QA and engineering teams.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Shell Script, Maven, JIRA, Jboss, Websphere.
- Deployed and maintained Mainframe applications in various environments
- Participated in teh release cycle of teh product, which involved environments like Development, SIT, QA and UAT.
- Subject Matter Expert with Software Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience creating and managing teh various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies.
- Installed and configured Chef and written recipes to automate teh administrative tasks.
- Coded multiple recipes and cookbooks in Chef to administer teh node servers and to automate teh deployments.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained teh source control system.
- Manage teh release to production processes for Web Services IT solutions
- Building and Deploying Salesforce applications in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated teh whole process, troubleshooting teh build and deploy failures.
- Worked on various POCs to demonstrate teh feasibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Worked on creation of customDockercontainer images
- Worked on SonarQubedashboard to review teh code changes and teh reviewer would comment or make necessary changes.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Coordinating teh resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for teh release and Project Manager for all teh Operational Projects.
- Extensively used python scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, databags, templates, attributes.
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN/GIT to support teh parallel development for various projects.
- Configured and managed jobs in Jenkins. Set up jobs for auto deployment.
- Created and managed all teh branches for short term and long term projects in SVN Subversion.
- Prior to QA release merge all teh development branches to teh release branch and perform a QA migration.
- Created backup scripts for SVN Subversion and perform teh backup activity every week.
- Responsible for maintaining build scripts and checking build status. Maintained and modified scripts and documented process for build.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, OpenStack, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, SonarQube, UNIX, JIRA, Websphere, Chef
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Responsible for Build & Release of applications and writing automation scripts
- Participated in teh release cycle of teh product which involve environments like Development QA and UAT.
- Used Apache Ant to prepare and build war files for java based web applications
- Developed Ant Scripts and prepared build.xml file to build teh applications
- Worked on SVN for source code management, and implemented branching, tagging, merging, and applying patches while maintaining SVN repositories for multiple projects simultaneously
- Making daily closing build & weekly build for teh product
- Implemented & maintained teh branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages, patches.
- Ensured that all teh release processes, policies and procedures are properly communicated and documented on internal Wikis
- Provided a scalable environment for development including software tools evaluation, customization and installation.
- Involved in editing teh existing Ant (build.xml) files in case of errors or changes in teh project requirements.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of teh source code for disaster recovery.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Involved in development and testing of several interfaces that will exchange teh information with external agencies.
- Involved in designing, and handling technical designs and complex application features.
- Designed high and low level technical design approach for more TEMPthan eight Interfaces. Some of teh interfaces are integrated with Verification (Module) framework to verify teh evidences submitted by teh client using Web Services
- Involved in Data Conversion from a legacy database to Oracle database, Interface Database and external system data transfers
- Developed ETL workflows to perform data conversion from a legacy database to Oracle database
- Developed ETL workflows to load data received from external agencies to interface database and from interface database to target database.
- Involved in testing teh data consumed from teh interfaces using SQL queries.
- Involved in testing teh target file with source files based on transformation rules and teh data extracted from database through Informatica
- Manage Version Control Systems tools like SVN to implement revision control systems to track, document and control changes to teh repository source code.
- Performed Daily/Weekly/fortnightly customer releases to shared, private and public servers.
- Involved in functional testing and debugging of teh code and in teh build.
- Coordinating team engagement activities and tracking teh functional query and defect trackers. Involved in development, testing and Code Walkthrough
- Performed regression testing and logged teh defects in ALM.
- Involved in Knowledge Transferring to teh team members about teh end to end flow of Interfaces, and teh technical issues faced during teh build and design phase of teh module.