- Proficient 8+ years of experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GIT.
- Expertise in writing Shell and Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Experience in setup and build AWS infrastructure using EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS, EBS.
- Working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, worked closely with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot problems, complex issues and setting up security groups.
- Experience in creating life cycle policies in AWS S3 for backups to Glacier.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience with Build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle for writing build.xmls, pom.xmls and build.gradleson Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Efficient in Maven for the build process and Bamboo as continuous integration build tool and Worked on build failures on trouble shooting.
- Expertise on version control tools like Subversion, Git and utilized source code administration customer apparatuses like GitHub, Git GUI.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools likeGIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining ChefServer from workstation to manage and configure ChefNodes.
- Experience in setting up Puppet master, Puppet agents for managing enterprise policies, configurations.
- Expertise on creation of Puppet manifest files to install Tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers.
- Experience with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Experience working on Dockerhub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Knowledge on Designing and implementing container orchestration systems with Docker Swarm andKubernetes.
- Experience to manage local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Extensively involved in maintaining large amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data across multiple data centers and the cloud using Cassandra.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOpstools such as Nexus.
- Have good experience in implementing JIRA and HP Quality center as bug tracking and ticketing tool.
- Experience on search and analytic tools like Splunk and developing Splunk queries, dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity.
- Expertise in Configuring, Managing and Scheduling Crontabs for App Accounts and Backup management on a regular basis.
Build Tools/DevOps: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS Elasticache
Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, J2EE, HTML
Scripting Languages: Maven, ANT, Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS Cloud Formation, Clear Case
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, EC2
Confidential - Denver, CO
Sr. AWS /DevOps Developer
- Downloaded and Installed puppet modules from puppet forge
- Developed modules and manifests in puppet.
- Configured node specific and environment specific system configuration in Puppet.conf and implemented that configuration into Puppet master slave architecture.
- Configuration of run interval in Puppet agents.
- Worked on Jenkins to automate build and deploy.
- Responsible for providing support for Build and deployment of application.
- Involved in migration of version control tool from SVN to GitHub.
- Involved in migration of issue tracker from QC to JIRA.
- Involved in migration of on-premise environments to AWS environment.
- Worked on automation of Ant and Maven builds.
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Automated build and deployment of business-critical customer-facing J2EE web applications into Tomcat Apache server environment on Ubuntu platform.
- Developed build and deployment standards with input from development, IT/operations, and IT security.
- Create supporting project and system documentation.
- Activities related to AWS cloud, starting from VM Creation, adding storage, adding network, troubleshooting.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Participated in Micro services project design and deploy structure. Automated micro services build through Maven and deploy to Docker containers.
Environment: SVN, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Windows, Eclipse, Toad, SQL navigator, SQL developer, QC, JIRA, Docker, AWS, UNIX, LINUX, Bash Shell Script, BMC Remedy, HP Openview, HP Quality Center, Nexus, Digital Ocean, Agile Methodology, Apache/Tomcat, Log4j, Hawk, Oracle Database, Nexus and Linux/ Unix.
Confidential -San Diego, CA
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build and release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support activities for different projects.
- Participated in execution of client meetings and internal Maven development projects and codes for testing services on daily basis.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins DSL Automation.
- Installed and administered Docker.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using Amazon Web Services. Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS and S3.
- Created Docker file for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Jira.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Dockerhub.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Created and optimized Linux shell scripts using Bash shell.
Environment: GIT, AWS, Java/J2EE, Docker, ANT, Maven, SVN, Puppet, Linux, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX, Shell scripts, Jenkins.
Confidential - South San Francisco, CA
BUILD and RELEASE Engineer
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Completely owned the process of migrating the application from SVN to GIT.
- Resolving merging issues duringbuildandreleaseby conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Experience using Bamboo for integrating Selenium Test cases, Unit test cases (Automation Test Cases).
- Automated thebuildandreleasemanagement process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Implementation/setup continuous projectbuildand deployment delivery process using Subversion, Bamboo, urban code Deploy and Subversion, Jenkins, urban code Deploy.
- Implemented Shell and Perl scripts forreleaseandbuildautomation. Manipulated and automated scripts to suit the requirements.
- Experience in Python, Shell and Ruby scripting including but not limited to writing scripts to automate AWS Administration tasks viz., tagging instances, volumes etc.,
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT and QA Environments.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for everyrelease.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Posting thebuildon time & following it up the testing team on postedbuildsuntil the specifiedrelease goes LIVE.
Environment: GIT, Bamboo, MAVEN, Puppet, Subversion, JENKINS, Oracle 10g, Remedy, Confluence, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server, JBoss Application Server.
- Installation and configuration of various flavors ofLinuxlike RedHatLinux, Suse, Ubuntu and fedora servers.
- Installed upgraded and configured RedHatLinux5.x and 6.x using kickstart installation and SUSELinuxServers manually as well as using System Imager and updating using YUM and worked on upgrading and configuring SGI Servers.
- Worked on administration of few UNIX servers like AIX and Sun Solaris in Test and Production environment and applied patches and packages to Red Hat.
- Created Virtual server on VMWare ESX/ESXi based host and installed operating system on Guest Servers.
- Updated YUM Repositories and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Created RPM packages using RPMBUILD and verifying the new build packages and distributing the package.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, NIS+, RPM and Samba Web servers onLinuxplatforms for Load Balancing.
- Worked on installation, configuration and administration of WebLogic and WebSphere Servers.
- Worked in ZFS and QFS, and fixed the problems occurred, set the quota and reservations for such file systems.
- Worked on Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Net Backup and Sun Cluster Server in SAN Environment.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in HP-UX, AIX andLinux.
- Implemented RAID techniques and the creation of Disk groups and volumes, plex using Veritas Volume manager.
- BitLockerencryption, Casper & decryption, data transfers.
- Worked on AD, DNS, group policy,SCCM, Office 365.
- Worked on troubleshooting various problems while working with VxVM during initialization, replacement, mirroring, encapsulating and removing disk devices.
- Created and maintained large file systems with DMX storage devices using VxVM.
- Installing & maintaining updates of McAfee Virus Scan.
- Implemented High Availability Clusters using Veritas Clustering, HP Service guard, and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Registered different client servers to master RedHat Satellite Server.
- Administering the Network issues and Resolving Operating Systems related issues (AIX,Linux) and making sure that the users get the proper environment for testing.
- Involved on planning and implementation of assigned projects, changing management, on-call support, and hotline bridge participation.
Environment: Red HatLinux, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, SMTP, Apache, and Windows NT.