OPERATING SYSTEMSLINUX: RedHat 6.1 Cartman, 6.2 Zoot, 7.0 Guinness, 7.1 Seawolf, 7.2 Enigma, 7.3 Valhalla, 8.0 Psyche, 9.0 Shrike
RedHat Enterprise: RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
Fedora: Core 1 (Yarrow), Core 2 (Tettnang), Core 3 (Heidelberg), Core 4 (Stentz), Core 5 (Bordeaux), Core 6 (Zod), Fedora Linux 7 - 25
Other Linuxes: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS ( 5.x, 6.x, 7.x ), SLES, openSUSE (9, 10, 11, 12 ); Mandrake, Gentoo
UNIX: Solaris ( 2.4, 2.6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ), FreeBSD ( 4.x, 5.x, 6.x ), HP-UX (11.x)
MICROSOFT: Server Windows NT (3.51, 4.00, 5.0, 5.2, 6.0), 2000, 2003, 2008
Desktop: 3.1.1, Win95, Win98, 2000/ME, WinXP, Vista, 7, 8
APPLE: OSX ( 10.4, 10.5, 10.6. 10.7, 10.8 ), iOS ( 4, 5, 6 )
CISCO: IOS ( 11.x, 12.x ), PIX 5.x 1600, 1700, 2620 Routers
DATABASES: MySQL ( 3.2x, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 ), Networking, schema design, performance tuning, configuration variables, backups & imports, complex queries, and query optimization.MyISAM & INNODB, permissions, data security, Perl DBD mysqladmin, mysqldump, mysqlshow, myisamchk, mysql monitor, etc...Oracle ( 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g ) Networking, client libraries, stored procedures, PL/SQL, tnsnames tblspaces, execution plans, transactions and rollbacks, permissions data security, imports and exports.
Other Databases: PostgreSQL (7.x, 8.0), Sybase ASE ( 12.5 15 ), SSQL Server ( 6.5, 7, 8, 9, 10 ), Informix, Mircosoft Access
Markup/Web: HTML, DHTML, CSS2/3
DDL: XML, XPointer, XPath, XQuery, XMLSchema, WSDL, XSLT, JSON, YAML
DB: SQL-92, PL/SQL, TSQL, ESQL
CONTAINERS and SUCH: Docker Engine, Docker Compose, Docker Registry, Docker Trusted Registry, Docker Swarm, OSE 3.x, Kubernetes 1.x, Openshift Origin 3.x, etcd, AquaSec Container Security
BUILD TOOLS and DEPLOYMENT: Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT, rpmbuild, Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Jenkins 1.x, 2.x, GoCD
LOGGING and MONTIORING: Dynatrace, Appd, ELK, Google Cadvisior, Graphite, Xymon, Ganglia, Nagios, MRTG, Cacti
WEB SERVICES: REST, SOAP, XML-RPC
Mail Servers: Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Strongmail, Exchange
Web Servers and Application Servers: Apache, Nginx, lighthttpd, Squid, Tomcat, JBoss, AMX, Tux, IIS, IPlanet, Hostname Servers named, dhcpd, Infoblox, Microsoft DNS/DHCP servers
Wikis and Blog Engines: MediaWiki, Twiki, Joomla, Confluence, MojoMojo, Confluence, Movable Type, Drupal, Wordpress, Dekki Wiki
Frameworks: Catalyst, Reaction, Django, Cake, Ruby on Rails, Typesafe/Lightbend Activator, Typesafe/Lightbend Play
Content Management: Vignette, Alfresco
Configuration Management: CFEngine 3, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Server Clustering Technologies: Sun Grid Engine
SAN/NAS: Coraid, EMC, Netapp
Code Revision / Bugtracking Systems/ Workflow Mgmt: CVS, SVN, Git, Github Enterprise, Bitbucket Server, BitBucket Datacenter, Mercurial, Bugzilla, Trac, PVCS, IBM Rational ClearCase, BMC Remedy, DARCS, StarTeam, SourceSafe, RT, Redmine, HP Quality Center, Service Now, Jira, CA Rally, BaseCamp, Artifactory
Cryptographic Ciphers & Binary Checksumming: RSA, DSA private (symmetric) DES, 3DES, AES (Rijndael), Blowfish, Twofish, IDEA, CAST5 ne-way MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256 applications / protocols Tripwire, PGP, GPG, Kerberos, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, SCP, SFTP, RSYNC, DNSSEC, IPSEC
Applications: MSOffice, OpenOffice, LibraOffice, GIMP, FrameMaker, PageMaker, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Visio, others
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Help design roadmap for migrating existing CI/CD/Cloud to Containerized Global Platform
- Deploy and Maintain Docker Registry
- Build Container Base Images ( JRE, Tomcat 7, Glibc, Glibc - lite, etc.. )
- Test and Containerize existing Barclay’s applications ( Cobalt and BAPI internal frameworks )
- Automate Build of Containers with Jenkins 2.9. Build Jenkins 2.9 Container
- Deploy AquaSec Container Security Suite, hook to Docker Registry
- Deploy Multinode OpenShift Origin 3.3 cluster with Ansible. Containerize Ansible 126.96.36.199
- Maintain clusters nodes via OSE and K8s CLI
- Work on automated deployment of applications to Openshift Cluster
- Sysadmin work on Cloud instances in OpenStack Rackspace
- Help create RHEL 7.3 Developer workstation with container tools for developers
- Testing AWS Migration and Openshift Deployment in AWS.
Tools: RHEL 6.x, 7.x, Openstack, RHEL Satilite Server 6.2, Virtual Box, Chef, BitBucket Enterprise, Git, Subversion Server, Confluence, CA Rally, Artifactory, Docker Registry, Docker Swarm, Shipyard, Openshift 3.x, Kubernetes 1.x, Aqua, Consul, Vault, Terraform, Packr, Jenkins 2.x, AWS, Graphite, Cadvisor
Sr. Software Engineer / Sr. Development Operations Engineer
- Assist in Redesign of Website and Website support operations
- Create CI/CD Pipeline
- Design and build CentOS 7.0 and RHEL 7.1, 7.2 Developer Workstation for VMWare 10.x, 11.x
- Manage local Git and Github Enterprise team repositories
- Manage Crowd/Jira/Confluence/HipChat Atlassian Workflow tools suite
- Create and maintain Docker images on DockerHub and local Docker Registry
- Maintain Puppet master server and Puppet Policies
- Nginx build, configuration, containerization and perf. Testing
- Maintain and containerization Selenium testing framework
- Install, Configure and Maintain Jenkins CI servers
- Build, configure and maintain IBM softlayer Cloud environments
- Deploy and containerize Typesafe play applications
- Coherence/Couchbase session management
- Couchbase Data Persistence
- Configure and containerizer Node.js applications
- Network and Firewall troubleshooting and remediation
- Assist Developers with code, OS and tools issues
- Infoblox DNS views/ local DNSMasq Servers
- Consult and Architect Cloud Solution for Offshore Desktop Image
- Stand up Windows 7 POC in Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Deliver Firewall, WAN routing and Entrust 2 factor authorization to VDI images
- Ensure MI and Softlayer Networks are accessible from Azure
- Pilot of Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Server for future-state Linux-based VDI
- Design effective Jira workflows
- Architect ClearCase to Git import
- Port Jenkins from 32-bit windows to 64-bit Linux
- Test ant builds of Marriott WAR file
- Plan and Implement migration of DevOps tools ( Jira, Git, Confluence, Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, DockerHub DTR ) in the IBM SoftLayer
- Consult with IBM about environment build outs and troubleshooting
- Assist and train users in use of new tool stack
- Account Access and Maintaince via Crowd, LDAP, and Git Hub Enterprise
- Jira, Confluence and Git Admin
Environment: CentOS 7.0, RHEL 7.1, 7.2, Docker Engine 1.3 - 1.8, Nginx 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 Akamai, Java 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, Typesafe Play Framework 1.3, Coherence Session Mgmt., Selenium, Dynatrace, Git, Github Enterprise, Puppet, Jira, Jenkins, Node.JS 0.12.4, 4.0.0, 5.4.1, Node Package Manager, Grunt, Glup, Apache 2.2, 2.4, MySQL 5.1, 5.5, Agile, OpenShift, Vmware 10, 11, Bash Scripting, Python, Ruby DNS, DHCP, AWS, CloudFoundry, Softlayer
Sr. System Administrator
- Create Static Embedded Linux Environment and toolchain, using static glibc, elfutils, binutils, coreutils, find, sed, awk, grep, libcrypt, zlib etc.
- Create Static Perl binary and CPAN Environment for running various BioPerl applications
- Create and Maintain subversion repository for project
- Regular Deployments of code to production
- Creation of .SPEC files and RPM building and deployment
- Maintain software under “environment modules” system ( module command, TCL stub creation )
- Buildout of servers and Storage Arrays
- Keep 3,000 TB of spinning storage available
- Hooking Illumina sequencers to Linux storage arrays via SMB
- CFEngine Configuration deployments
- MediaWiki Upgrades and maintainance, edit and maintain custom PHP plugins
- Configure and deploy various ruby gems for redmine and mod passenger
- Apache Vhost, redirection, Memory Management, and security issues.
- Kerberos authentication testing
- Disaster Recovery
- Various LDAP and MSAD integration
- Postfix and Senmail configuration tweaks
- Sun Grid Engine Maintainance
- Account Management on Servers
- Create basic Scripts to monitor specialize circumstances in clusters beyond existing Nagios, Ganglia, and Xymon implementations
- Coraid Management
- NFS Troubleshooting and maintainance ( fstab, autofs, nfsd, /proc/mounts etc.. )
- Scripts ( Bash/Perl ) helping with NetApp Maintainance
Environment: Centos 5.10,6.5, SciLi, Sun Grid Engine, Son of Sun Grid Engine, CFEngine 3 cofiguration management, Subversion management ( svn ), apache 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, MySQL 5.0, 5.5, MediaWiki 1.19, Redmine, Samtools, BioPerl, Bedtools, Tabix, Novalign, Illumina, NetApp, OnTap, EMC Isilon, Nagios, Splunk, Ganglia, Xymon, Kerberos, user accounts, Logical Volume Manager ( LVM ), MSAD, LDAP, MDADM ( Local Raid Configuration), Hardware RAID configuration ( 6, 10 ), DNS Management, Bridge and Bond Interfaces, LKM ( Loadable Kernel Modules ), igxbe 10gib Kernel Drivers, Kernel configuration, ( linux-vdso.so ), glibc ( libm, libc, libcrypt, etc.. ), software packaging and deployment via RPM, Service Now ticketing system
Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Migrate existing Java and Perl applications from SLES and Solaris to RHEL
- Update DBI and JDBC libraries for Sybase and MSSQL server
- Troubleshoot Tomcat and Apache issues ( warfile deployment, vhost configuration etc. )
- Update SSL certificates, troubleshoot network and DNS issues.
- Test and certify existing java classes and Perl libraries for RHEL compliance
- Bash, ksh, and Perl scripting and Autosys scheduler jobs.
Environment: SLES 10.x, RHEL 6.4, Sybase ASE 15, Solaris 10/SunOS 5.10 on Sparc, MSSQL server, Perl 5.12.x, 5.8.x, Java 1.6.x, OpenJDK, Tomcat 6.0, Apache 2.2, BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.5, BMC Remedy Knowledge Management, IBM Rational ClearCase, RSA SecurID, Cisco VPN Client, Rapid SQL
Security Engineering Developer
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Maintain Perl 5.8.8 mod perl 2.x Application on RHEL 5.8 which Scans various Confidential data sources for information when responding to legal compulsion from various agencies.
- Manage MySQL 5.0 databases which support application
- Web service ( REST / HTTPS ) calls to remote data sources
- Code maintained in CVS, with an RPM deployment system; responsible for RPM builds and production pushes
- Maintain optical media burning application and cryptography related to sensitive information
- SSL certs. All transfers over https
- Port existing mod perl 1.99/2.04 application which handles authentication and authorization to various internal sensitive websites from LDAP/LDAPS to Confidential ELS ( Enterprise Login ) SSO engine based on MS Active Directory .
- SSL connections and certificates
- Maintain additional home brewed security and cryptographic functions
- CVS SCM and RPM deployment system
- Responsible for RPM builds and production deployment
- Web service ( REST/HTTPS ) to remote data sources
- Sybase 12.5 ASE production and QA environments
- Production Builds and Releases
- RT request tracking system
- Load data from various sources ( PeopleSoft, Hyperion, MSAD, Oracle Data Warehouse etc.. ) into Asgard approx. 150 ETL temporally sensitive Perl scripts
- Maintain Confidential CA/RA ( request Authority ) which grants user certs for all user machines to Authenticate to various sources including the VPN ( SERA ( homegrown) /Juniper based system )
- Create Certificates for Confidential Webservers
- Support the OCSP SSL Responder Protocol and create certificates for OCSP Servers
Environment: RHEL ( Redhat Enterprise Linux ) 3,4,5, Apache 2.0, 2.2 webservers, CVS ( Concurrent Version System ) 1.12, RPM ( RedHat Package Manager ), Stunnel, MySQL 5.0, Sybase 12.5, Aqua Data Studio, Perl 5.8.x, mod perl 1.99, 2.x, Net::LDAP, MSAD, Oracle 11g, DBD::Oracle, DBD::Sybase, RT ( Perl Ticket System ), Mac Lion Local Test Environment ( Parallels VM ), Bash, Ksh, OpenCA, OpenSSL, Kerberos Unix accounts, RSA Secure ID, Confidential SNS ( screen name service ), OMAG ( open mail gateway web service API ), NFS mounts.
Application Developer/Production Support
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Maintain Perl 5.12 CGI Application running against Oracle on SLES 11 Linux which allows TDA associate to open customer accounts
- Interface with a variety of Java Web services and Middleware layers ( tuxedo, Jboss, Tibco AMX ) via Soap::Lite interface.
- Production support of applications
- Linux administration of Virtual Machine Test Environments ( VMLogic Blade Manager, IBM Z10 )
- Cron jobs and Data Manipulation Bash, Ksh, Perl Scripts for Oracle 10g database
- IBM Rational ClearCase SCM/ Code Revision System, Remote VOBS, MVFS
Environment: SLES ( SuSE Enterprise Linux ) 9,10,11, RHEL ( RedHat Enterprise Linux ) 4,5, Fedora and OpenSuse Test Images in Oracle Virtual Box, BMC Remedy 7.5, HP Quality Center 10 Bug Tracking, Atlassian Jira Workflow Management, Deki Wiki, SharePoint, Test Director Regression Testing, Jakarta, Jboss, Oracle 10g, SQL*Developer, PL/SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, Tuxedo Middleware Layer, ChangePoint, AlarmPoint on Call notification System, Perl 5.12, People Soft, Cisco & Citrix VPN technologies, RSA Secure ID, IBM Rational ClearCase Dynamic and Snapshot views, MVFS Mounts, NFS Mounts, Centrify Account Mgmt., Hummingbird Exceed X server for Windows, Captaris RightFax Enterprise Fax server
Senior Perl Developer/Systems Administrator
- DNS Configuration: subdomains, routing, etc.
- Apache Configuration: Virtual Hosts, Apache Performance Tuning ( mod mpm settings, mod fastcgi, mod perl, ab ), Redirects, SSL Certificates and Domains.
- Build and Manage Bugzilla Tracking system, Running MySQL 5.0
- PostgreSQL Management, Database Backups, Building, Performance Tuning
- Catalyst Application Development, MVC OO Perl Modules, DBIx::Class Model Code, Template Toolkit View Module,
- PostgreSQL development functions, triggers, etc..
- Report Generation: on-the-fly PDF and CSV formats, Wkhtmltopdf, pdftk
- Perl Scripting: Data Manipulation, Cron jobs etc.
- General Systems Administration: user maintenance, firewall configuration
- Subversion Repository Management, DAV SVN over https, backups and merging.
Environment: Catalyst OO MVC Framework, Template Tool Kit, PostgreSQL Database, Debian, Apache 2.2.4 Web servers, mod fastcgi, RHEL 5, Bugzilla, SVN, Mojolicious ( Perl ) Wiki
Perl Applications Developer
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Extract vendor source data from a variety of formats ( XML, MARC, SGML, Binary Formats
- Maintain and Upgrade existing application/code in Perl/C/XSLT
- Write New Object Oriented Modules for New Perl Application
- Extensive use of standard CPAN modules, such as XML::LibXML.
Environment: Perl 5.6.1 - 5.10, RHEL 3,4,5, Solaris 9, XPath, XPointer, XML Schemas and Validation, XSLT, C, Java
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Perl Data Manipulation for Stock Broker Testing/Certification Application
- Solaris 10, Oracle 9i, Perl 5.8.5, Borland StarTeam, Aqua Data Studio
- Extensive use of DBI, Test:: modules, and other PERL code analysis tools
- Identify Errors in Code Via Perl Test Harness comparing Oracle/Informix State against XML historical baseline files.
- Automated Test Code performing 2,500 tests per second.
Senior Applications Developer / Infrastructure Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Responsible for operation of most of National Geographic's Web Properties.
- Write Applications to support the infrastructure as well build on website capabilities.
- Chief administrator for Bugzilla, Subversion, and internal Wiki ( Mediawiki )
- Design AP news feed system ( code architecture, implementation, QA)
- Design Cache Clearing Management Applications which handles hardware HTTP caching appliance Bluecoat and external CDN.( Bluecoat, Squid, Panther, Akamai, Limelight )
- Interface with Vignette CMS ( Content Management System )
- Sharepoint Trouble Ticket Response Team Member. Troubleshoot Routers, Switches, Linux Servers, DNS Server, Mail Servers ( Sendmail ), Perl Code, and Web Pages for wide variety of issues.
- DNS Subdomain Management, DKIM Email Configuration
- Install Operating Systems and Software
- Google Search Appliances
Technologies: Perl, PHP, MySQL Oracle, Linux (RHEL 3,4,5, FC 6-8 ), Solaris ( 2.6, 8, 9 ), Apache 2.x
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Design, Maintain, Monitor, and Optimize Homemade mod perl email system ( with qmail and strongmail servers on Linux ). delivery of approx. 6-7 million emails per day.
- Debug, Analyze and Troubleshoot Email Suite for complex issues like throttling bouncing email addresses and protection against mail based network DDoS attacks ( joe attacks, etc.. )
- Fix Bugs and add new code to existing mod perl code base, handling avg. 100,000 concurrent connections per second
- Caching and “Akamaizing” of Static Objects like images and .swf files.
- Use of homemade CGI Perl Templating system and homemade CGI Perl Translation Engine ( about 20 different languages )
- Extensive use of homemade MySQL/Perl DBI system which load balance queries between 100 active and 200 slave MySQL instances.
Environment: LAMP Fedora Core 5, Apache 2.x, MySQL 4.1, Perl 5.6.x
Senior Developer, Test/QA Engineer
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Create Object Oriented Perl application suite which tests various aspects of Network Confidential Detection System.(C++)
- Signature Creation and Analysis. Event Detection. Packet Crafting and Packet Injection.
- Regression, Performance, and Soak Testing.
- Simulation of real-time LAN traffic in lab to 800 MB/sec.
- Maintain Test Lab with 100+ Linux Servers and Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Design, Wire, and Route new equipment to meet changing application demands.
- Maintain Confidential Wiki
Perl Application Analyst, System Analyst
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Performance Tune existing Perl CGI application.
- Extensive Use of Perl DBI
- Upgrade MySQL database structure and design.
- Migrate from MySQL 3.23.56 to MySQL 4.1.14
- Create Reporting Database. Load Balance Queries. Design Backup and Recovery Strategies.
- Migrate Codebase to mod fastcgi 2.4.2 with further mod perl enhancements possible.
- Upgrade from RHEL 3 to RHEL 4 move from IA64 to IBM POWER architecture.
Perl Applications Developer, Project Architect
Confidential, Beverly Hills, CA
- Fedora Core 3, Apache 2.0.52, Perl 5.8.3, MySQL 4.1, MSSQL Server v7 & v8
- Create application which displays company business logic over the web.
- Secure Sockets implementation via OpenSSL, mod auth mysql authentication mechanism.
- Design MySQL Database
- Design and write Modular Perl Code Base, with CGI front-end ( no templating or external HTML files )
- Perl DBI interface for MySQL and MSSQL Server
Perl ETL Developer
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Collect per-second diagnostic feeds from global laser installations.
- Perl/PHP/Shell production code-base transforms and loads data into local PostgreSQL diagnostic system.
- Spotchecking Code and Query Log analysis to make sure data loads properly
- Migrate legacy Oracle storage system to PostgreSQL.
- Indexes, Triggers, and Stored Procedures in Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Performance tuning and Query Analysis with SuSE, Perl DBI, Oracle, and PostgreSQL SuSE 9.0 Enterprise Linux - 16 processors/ 32GB RAM
- Network Appliance storage system. Gigabit Ethernet LAN. NFS Shared mounts between PG, Oracle, and storage Systems.
- PostgreSQL 7.4.7 and Oracle 9i Databases. Perl 5.8.4 / PHP 4.3.4