Languages: C, C++, Python, Shell Scripting, SQL(Oracle, MS - SQL, IBM db2), Pro*C.
Platforms: Linux, SunOs, AIX.
Tools: MQ, gdb/dbx, gSOAP, Makefile, Eclipse IDE, emacs, cvs, svn, git/github, Visio, Reverse UML Tools, GTest, GMock, pthreads, STL.
Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Jira, QAC Source code analyzer, opengrok .
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Software Developer
- Developed Order Management System for Equities in C++ on Sun and AIX platforms.
- Developed FIX and UI interfaces and performed unit and integration testing of application software.
- Developed backend tasks and web services processing orders and trades to and from exchanges and other broker dealers.
- Developed compliance, OATS and other proprietary reports in Python.
- Analyzed and optimized order processing engine.
- Developed various caches for accounts, commissions and limit settings.
- Integrated with proprietary MQ for publishing/subscribing to updates.
- Worked extensively with STL, Confidential proprietary template library, threads and OO Design.
- Participated in design, code reviews and second level support.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. Software Developer
- Worked on a C++/Unix Goldman proprietary system for Clearance & Settlement for different regions and currencies. A real time, time bound processing application, which processes post trade data for settlement & clearance.
- Worked on Margin Rules Regulatory project. Implementing new regulatory rules in existing settlement and clearance application. Worked with different units on this project.
- Modernization and migration of classic factory application from Solaris to Linux.
- Removing old unsupported third-party software dependencies and adding new third-party software support.
- Setup test environment to compare test results on Linux with Solaris environment using Gtest and real prod data.
- Developed on a simulation software for chemical reactions on DNA and genomes using C/C++.
- Leading end to end execution of project involving review of Shell/Python scripts in order to automate systems.
- Producing stage plans, highlight reports, risk logs, requests for change etc
- Providing support for C, templates and undertaking testing.
- Managing changes and incidents; raising incident and problem tickets.
- Involved in defect fixing & issue resolution.
- Maintaining the System in Test/UAT/IP/Pre-IP/Prod.
- Co-ordinating with Release Management Team for Migrations, Queries
- Provided On call Support for Critical Timelines Defects.
- Responsible for Sql/Pl-Sql Queries and Co-ordinating the DBA teams with new DB requirements/Setup.
- Key member for Automation of the system.
- Responsible for project lifecycle documentation and day to day status reports.
- Provide Guidelines/Instructions to QA/UAT teams for Migrations, Queries.
- Designed role-based access control desktop application for monitoring using C++.
- Development of the message communication using Message BUS.
- Developed, tested programs in C, Pro*C, Makefiles, Oracle (using TOAD, SQL developer), DBX debugger, SQL, PL/SQL on Unix platform, maintained under Source code control System (SCCS/VCTL) for various modules like claims, reference data, third-party liability (TPL), financial subsystems for the states of Alabama and Connecticut.
- Created and deployed Unix shell scripts (KORN) to run the periodical jobs for claims engine, financial payments, reference data maintenance (rules engine), decision support systems (DSS), job scheduling using Autosys, Autosys database maintenance
- Lead developer responsibilities on DRA (deficit reduction act) module development - worked on reference, claims writing programs in Pro*C, KSH shell scripts on UNIX, XML parsing, XSD changes
- Technical lead responsibilities on Pro-DUR (Prospective - Drug Utilization Review) policies and new reports - developed in Pro*C, KSH shell scripts, Autosys jobs on Solaris UNIX, Source code control System (SCCS
- Facilitated integration and user acceptance testing data setup using .NET UI and SOAP servers - configured claims/benefits data for testing various payers.