- Proficient in Continuous integration and Continuos Delivery methodologies and experience implementing and supporting an organization to achieve a quality and consistent software delivery continuously and across different environments by exploring and evaluate new technologies and solutions that push our delivery capabilities forward to anticipate customer needs, and incentivize individuals to transform and innovate progressively.
- Over 8 years of experience in automating, configuring and deploying instancesin the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front,Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation,OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Administration various environments in software development life cycle(SDLC)Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and CentOS. Experience supporting Chef Environment with multi servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Devops experience with Puppet, Chef, AWS(OPS Work) and OpenStack.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooksand Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN)and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS(Cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center(ESXI),hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Design high availability(HA)applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions
- Good Exposure on Virtualization and Containers (Docker) and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting (kasha, Bash), Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration(CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Experience in using Nexus Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- High exposure to REMEDY, BUGZILLA and JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for Change management.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience withMongoDB, MSSQL,MySQL and Server DB Tasks.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Familiar with network tool Nagios and cacti.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Good at communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Cloud Platform: AWS,(EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, IAM, AMI, Auto Scaling). Microsoft Azure,and Open stack.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Gradle,Splunk, OPS Work.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB 7 SQL Server, MS Sql.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, make file, Hudson, Jenkins, BAMBOO, Code Deploy.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit.
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, Nix, JBOSS, WebSphere.
Virtualization: VMware and Virtual Box
Languages/Scripts: C, HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Ruby and Perl.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum& Waterfall.
Web Technologies.: HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6), UNIX, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Windows NT/2000/2003, 7,8,10 and iOS
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Experience in automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins, Chef.
- Code repository management, code merge and quality checks with various tools, especially Git, nexus, etc.
- Architect Development, Test, Integration, and Production AWS environments.
- AWSEC2, EBS, Trusted Advisor, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, IAM, Security Groups, Auto-Scaling.
- AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS, including security, compilation, and installation of third-party software and networking.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker, or comparable tools.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPCEC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Experience with web deployment technology specifically Linux/Nginx/Apache/Tomcat.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Development, Acceptance, Integration, and Production AWS Endpoints.
- Responsible for mentoring and cross-resource platform standardization of Web Stack technology and development and implementing of policies and procedures.
- Experience in analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics in order to optimize software and system performance.
- Route 53 configuration.
- Created Python scripts to: Totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, ec2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Experience running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scale cloud environment.
- Dynamically add and remove servers from AWS production environment.
- Automating backups by shell for Linux to transfer data in S3 bucket.
Environment: AWSCloud, RHEL 6.x, Solaris and Windows, Chef, Shell, Python, AWC EC2, WLST, Tomcat 7.x, ScienceLogic, Nagios, OpenStack, SOA 11g, IDM 11g, Test Director, Quality Center, BMC Remedy, Oracle HTTP Server.
- Assisted in migrating the exiting data center into the AWS instances.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Redhat, Ubuntu Instances
- Configured the storage on S3 Buckets.
- Experience working with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- DevelopedChefrecipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Written cookbooks for Web Logic, JDK 1.7, andJenkins, tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Use puppet and ChefAutomation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Reduced build + deployment times by designing and implementing Docker workflow.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Managed and configured VMware virtual machine for RHEL, Ubuntu Linux servers
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- ImplementedAWSsolutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors, which are important for deployment.
- Experience with Ruby and shell scripts for automating tasks.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS, FTP and TCP/IP on Red Hat Linux.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, JBoss.
Environment: s: Git, Jenkins, CHEF, Puppet, Docker, Maven,AWS, EC2, Python, WebSphere, ANT, Ruby, PHP, Putty, Cyber duck, JIRA, Ansible, Apache tomcat, JBoss, Linux, Windows, MAC.
Confidential, Germantown Maryland
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using shell, python and Perl scripting.
- Hands on Exposure on Version Control GIT.
- Created branches in GIT implementing parallel development process.
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Used SonarQube for code quality.
- Built applications using Chef/puppet scripting, Ant with Ivy build.
- Extensive experience in creation and management of Chef POC environment.
- Experience installing packages using YUM and RPM on Nix.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines, created master, and slave configurations to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Created Power Shell Scripts to patch DLLs across various servers and to automate databasedeployments (Dachas) using SSDT.
- Application deployment and configuration for enterprise scale infrastructure-using Jenkins.
- Worked on functional and unit tests using python and Java.
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and windows platforms.
- Extensive experience with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Responsible for creation and management of Chef Cookbooks.
- Implemented Configuration management and change management policies.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, UNIX, Linux, Perl, Bash, Python, Ruby,Weblogic, Tomcat, JIRA, SonarQube.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Ant.
- Helped developers to resolve subversion code merging issues.
- Supported daily and weekly routines of pushing good builds based on test results.
- Wrote shell scripts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Participating in “Release Readiness Review” status meeting (Go/No-go Process).
- Gained good knowledge on Linux Administration.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to WebLogic Application Servers.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, NEXUS, XML Install Shield, Shell, Perl, WebLogic Servers.
Linux System Administrator
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of net stat, ping, nslookup and trace route tools.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP,WinScp, and FileZilla.
- Regularly manage backup process for server and client data.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users.
Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, Apache/Tomcat, SSH, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
Linux System Administrator
- Assisting System/Network Administrator with basic administration of SONILWALL, Symantec Back Up utility, Symantec SM endpoint Protection, Windows Server 2008
- Implementing TCP/IP core networking services using Windows Server 2008, DHCP, and DNS
- Successfully installation & configuration of network hardware & software such as Point Data Server (PDS).
- Respond to on call service regarding problems in network, work station, & fix them
- Implemented network technologies such as installation and configuration of routed protocols viz. IP and routing protocols namely EIGRP, OSPF and WAN technologies like Leased Line on CISCO routers
- Designed bash, ksh, and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities.
- These scripts provided the following functionality: application startup and shutdown, monitored systems and applications health, and web site management Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several UNIX scripts to automate web tasks
- Configured firewall based on REDHATLinux and FreeBSD 4.x that has three network interfaces.
Environment: RHEL,UNIX, LAN/WAN, FreeBSD, IP & Routing, Databases, HCMP, LVM, Apache1.3, DNS, NFS, NIS, Oracle 8i TSM.