C/C++ senior software engineer with proven track record including multiple Confidential . Extensive and varied experience as software architect and developer for employers and clients. Ability to assimilate new technologies quickly. Deep C/C++ skills on multiple platforms, including UNIX and Windows. Familiar with Java, XML, and web technologies such as webMethods, WebSphere, and Lotus Domino. Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking. Expert in EDI, B2B, and messaging - based applications. Hands-on hardware experience including all phases of standard hardware lifecycle and custom integrations.
IBM 370 and Intel mnemonics;
Microsoft Visual Basic .net;
IBM, Microsoft and Burroughs ANSI COBOL;
IBM xlC, Microsoft C, Borland C, Apple Objective C;
IBM xlC++, IBM VisualAge C++, MS Visual Studio .net, Borland C++ Builder;
Sun Netbeans, Eclipse;
Microsoft, Borland, UCSD P-System (DEC);
Unix shell (ksh), Perl, MS DOS .bat, vbs;
Web app code generator
MS DOS, OS/2, iRMX, Windows NT/EE, XP, XPe, Win7, 2003, 2008, 2012 Server;
Mandrake, Red Hat, Fedora, Ubuntu, Raspbian;
VM, DOS/VSE, MVS/CICS, Command Level CICS;
IBM AIX, ATT System V, BSD, SunOS, SCO XENIX/Unix, OpenSolaris, Ultrix
IBM DB2 and Oracle;
MS Windows Cluster Server, IBM HACMP;
OpenSSL, OpenLDAP, XOpen MTA, STL, ReSharper, Moq, NUnit;
Microsoft Office, Lotus SmartSuite, OpenOffice, Sublime, WebStorm;
CMVC, PVCS, SCCS, Subversion (SVN), Github/GITExt;
Microsoft Visio, RF Flow, Software Through Pictures (STP), Easy Case;
VMWare Server & Workstation, Hyper-V, Virtual Box
A Series, B Series mainframes;
PDP 11/44, VAX 11/780;
4331, 3083; various midrange servers including RS/6000-SP2, Power & Power PC based; iAPX386 based, 486 based, Pentium and Xeon based, IBM xSeries/Netfinity Servers;
Electronic Mobile eXchange (EMX) Cellular Switching system;
Network General, Northern Telecom BERT's;
Various model workstations
TCP/IP - UDP/IP
SMTP, SMTP/SMIME, FTP, FTP/TLS, FTP/SSL, HTTP, XMLRPC;
BiSync and SNA/SDLC;
Data formats include
ANSI X.12, UCS, UN/EDIFACT, UN/TDI;
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, develop and maintain software for a Windows Server based system running virtual UNIX in VMWARE deployed to thousands of locations;
- MS VB, MS C# with Ravendb and Balsamiq mockups for rapid prototyping of Windows applications.
- Developed C/ C++ enhancements to tax, currency exchange rate and other processing.
- Perl, Microsoft VBS and UNIX shell scripts for various maintenance projects.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Senior Software Engineer
- Create webMethods functions for eCommerce/EDI systems on Linux platforms using SQL with Oracle database products using Agile development methodology to process X.12, UN/EDIFACT, UN/TDI, UCS and XML data.
- Contracted back to Confidential to support an eCommerce system that wasn’t sold (UPS package tracking). Multiple enhancements to existing system developed using C/C++.
- Developed C/C++ text parsing applications to assist migrating Confidential customers to Confidential platforms
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked in network services area of Confidential Global Services with a focus on various types of B2B exchanges.
- Designed, developed, and tested B2B RFC4217 compliant SSL/TLS daemons for use in various custom internet business exchanges. Implemented using C/C++ with OpenSSL and Netscape/iPlanet LDAP for user authentication against Confidential WebSphere SecureWay LDAP and OpenLDAP servers. Services parsed EDI data, performed X12 lookups via DB2-enabled LDAP databases, delivered data and returned confirmation messages.
- Some generated XML data and forwarded info via WebSphere MQ to Ariba or I2 processes, or transferred files to legacy EDI hosts for further processing.
- Designed and developed on Confidential AIX using Confidential xlC++.
- Developed major enhancements to Windows 2003 Server/MS Host Integration Server, multi-threaded, EDI store-and-forward system for deploying multiple servers for load distribution using Borland C++ Builder for AutoVANs driving Just-In-Time parts inventory.
- Implemented Confidential interconnect with NASA SEWP (S/MIME SMTP) linking Confidential legacy system STEDI. Implemented on AIX based Confidential hardware.
- Chief Hardware Architect for Confidential 's Domino Application Environment/Common Operating Environment, IBM’s first ‘On Demand’ ™ offering (‘the cloud’ before the world had heard the phrase. Documented and implemented hardware/network standards for this Lotus Domino-based service marketed to SMBs.
- Developed archiving and deletion using Notes C API. Developed under both Confidential AIX and MS Windows Server using Confidential xlC++, Borland C++/IBM VisualAge C++.
- Assisted deployments in Confidential 's North American and EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) divisions.
- Modified Notes Perl AIX installation scripts to support automatic install and configuring for mass server building in Confidential Universal Server Farms (USF) Global Hosting initiative.
- Developed eCommerce gateways allowing customers using FTP over TCP/IP to drop off and pick up data from Confidential legacy systems which communicated via SNA. Developed on Confidential AIX. Migrated applications from AIX 3.2.5 to AIX 4.2.1 (no threads to multi-threaded).
- Internet Data and Document Exchange (IDDX); Implemented routines for IDDX allowing external C and C++ programs to lookup names via Cyclone Java interface. Developed under Confidential AIX using Confidential xlC++ and Java. Created performance test plans to generate reports for upper management on hardware needs to meet required transaction count thresholds.
- Designed and implemented email exchange system for global deployment which allowed cross flow for SMTP, X.400 and Lotus cc:Mail. Implemented NLS error messages based on country of origin.
- Created website for support access to report throughput.
- Developed main switching portion in C using MTA libraries from XOpen for MTA transfer on an Confidential RS-6000/SP2.
Confidential, Oak Brook IL
Lead Technical Analyst
- Developed “PC POS”, touch screen POS system deployed to most Confidential .
- Originally proposed concept of “Cheap POS” based on PC hardware while working as a consultant.
- Developed under MS-DOS with Microsoft C/C++ and MS Assembler.
- Interfaced to RAMCOR's ArchDrink robot, allowing robot to pour drinks as ordered at registers.
- Various research projects to develop external displays on existing Panasonic POS systems using Microsoft-C by snooping existing RS-485 LAN traffic:
- Developed outdoor displays to show drive-through customers orders as placed.
- Developed outdoor displays to show anticipated serving time for Drive Thru Customers.
- In-store processor (ISP) system for cash and inventory control.
- Developed in C on SCO XENIX/Unix.
- Developed cash and “forever reading” reconciliation routines.
- Developed Telxon inventory recorder functions for synchronizing and transmitting inventory from hand held units, driving replenishment process.
- Developed routines to program POS key positions based on corporate approved layouts downloaded to stores.
- Created data feeder program to program ArchFry robot.
- This robot used predictions based on past sales data to determine quantity of fries to cook at a certain time.
Confidential, Chicago IL
- Confidential Corporation worked on various projects.
- Later hired by Confidential ; see project descriptions there.
- Confidential Cellular developed products for controlling Confidential 's Electronic Mobile eXchange (EMX) cellular phone switch and creating reports based on usage and failures.
- Developed on Sun workstations running SunOS (BSD) with OpenLook using C.
- Graphical design tools included Software Through Pictures (STP) and Interleaf technical publisher.
- Harris Bank Corp developer in internal systems.
- Created one of the first new General Ledger systems reconciling branch bank accounts based on input from Confidential as banking regulations changed to allow semi-independent branches. Projects done in COBOL on Burroughs B7800 and Unisys A10, A12 mainframes.
Confidential, Northfield IL
- Developed Pascal software to facilitate faster installation of telephone accounting systems automating DID, DOD and DIDO setup.
- Implemented Confidential Data over Voice Network, 3270 to ASCII protocol conversion at this Confidential 3083 location.
- Developed command level CICS assembler (370) software to program terminal function keys.
- Implemented 3767 emulation for First Card and assisted them in creating their first interactive query with TRW credit bureau.
- Supported protocol conversion via Confidential cabling plan.
Confidential, Forest Park, IL
- Initial project automated entry of classified ads to decrease time to print.
- Project expanded to other areas of the newspaper after success of initial phase.
- Responsible for installation, training and support.
- Presentations on computers in the home to Home Economics Classes
- Presentations on computers in the classroom to teachers.
- Various hardware interfacing projects relating to Supermicro S-100 systems installed in a local medical facility.