- Successful AWS/ DevOps Engineer around 8 years of professional Experience dedicated to automation and optimization.
- Understands and manages the space between operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers.
- Has experience with the Cloud, as well as DevOps automation development for Linux systems.
- Seeking a position in AWS/ DevOps to contribute my technical knowledge.
- Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Release Management and Cloud Implementations.
- Hands on Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Openstack.
- Build servers using AWS, Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto - scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Create AWS instances via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrated nodes in Chef via knife command line utility.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Createdalarms and trigger points in Cloudwatchbased on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- UtilizedAWS Cloud watch to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- DefineChef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Implanted Continuous Integration concepts using Hudson, Bamboo, Jenkins and AnthillPro.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Work on source control tools like GIT, Perforce on UNIX & Windows Environments migrated subversion repositories to GIT and integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like Subversion and Git.
- Created and maintained Branches, labels, work spaces on Git, Participated in merging of source code.
- Skilled at setting-up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell and Batch Scripts and also supporting the developersin writing configuration-specs.
- Implemented Docker based Continues Integration and Deployment framework.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like MS Build Makefile.
- Install, configure, modify, test & deploy applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx & Tomcat, JBoss App Servers.
- Experience in working within the Cloud platforms like OpenStack and AWS for integration processes.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Broad experience in Bash, Perl, Python scripting on Linux. Strong knowledge on Linux internals.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Proposed branching strategy suitable for current application in Subversion.
- Experienced with the understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes,which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
Build/ DevOpsTools: Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Hudson and BAMBOO AWS, EC2, S3, IAM, Load Balancers, Cloud Technologies Amazon Webserver.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GIT Hub, SVN, Perforce, CVS, Harvest
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, SQL Server 2005, 2008.
Application/Web Server: Oracle, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, WebSphere.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum methodologies.
Deployment Tools: Chef, Puppet, Dockerand Splunk
IAAS: AWS, OpenStack, Confidential Azure and Rackspace
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Perl scripting, XML, JAVA, PHP, POWERSHELL, Python.
Languages: C, C++, java, PHP.
Operating Systems: Red Hat, UNIX, Linux, WINDOWS, Android.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Designed AWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. to stacks.
- Grasp the Technical aspects from High level to create Deployment plans, Contingency Plans and which direction to go if they hit a snag.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology& coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Daily routine is to deploy the code to the lower environments, automating the deployments.
Confidential, Miami, FL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Responsible for Design and architecture of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Writing Maven and Ant scripts for application layer modules.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Defining Release Process&Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven& Nexus as tools.
- System monitoring with Nagios & Graphite.
- Prepared projects, dashboards, reports and questions for all JIRA related services.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Gitsource control.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Highly skilled in the usage of data center automation and configuration management tool such as Docker.
- Responsible for configuring management of different application layer modules.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT environments.
- Ensured processes are deployed successfully to production environment.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Ant, Bash Scripts, Git, Docker, Jira, Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Nexus in Linux environment. VERITAS Netback up 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solstice Disk Suite, OpenStack.
Confidential, Denver, Colorado
AWS DevOps Engineer
- As member of Release Engineering group,redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Designed the Release Plans while coordinating with Stake Holders including Project Management Lead, Development Lead and QA Team Lead.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents & Databases.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and puppet.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installation of Application on production and Test server for the use of application development and configuration.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Configured the Hosted, Proxy and Virtual repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts.
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: UNIX, Jenkins, Windows, Subversion, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jira, Puppet, Test Manager.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Installed/Configured/Maintained/Administrated the network servers DNS, NIS, NFS, SENDMAIL, Involved in Adding new disks, formatting, partitioning, disk space allocation, monitoring system performance, system tuning, server hardening and crash recovery issues.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting EMC power path on Solaris 10 and Linux.
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers& Desktop Servers, Implemented the skills of Load balancing for edge components using F5's Big IP load sprayer.
- Installed and configured Solaris 10 servers with Zones and containers on SUN M5000 and T2000 Servers with SUN ZFS. Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools.
- Administered file system and volumes using VERITAS Storage Foundation, Solaris Volume Manageron Solaris and Logical Volume Manger on Linux. Installed and Configured VERITAS Volume Manager for Development, Test and Production environments.
- Key participant in implementation and integration of three new data centers including physical, logical and application level testing and support and developed and executed test plans for VERITAS Cluster with Netapp SAN.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Satellite server for package transfer across servers, to store client's system profile and to control other servers in the network.
- Package management like Install, remove and update and querying packages using RPM tool.
- Maintained Load balancing, High availability, Failover functionality and Disaster recovery included changing IP address of the web and app server machines, which caused change in the virtual host and http transport configurations.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
- Monitoring of space availability on each file system using the Shell Scripts.
- Monitored the performance of the system using ps, prstat, vmstat, mpstat, perfmeter and iostat to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, Memory usage and Network traffic.
- Responsible for configuring Postfix mail relays with Mail Exchangers, Bind DNS Server and clients, SNMP v3 and NTP relays.
- Worked in environment containing Solaris zones/containers and involved extensively in trouble shooting the issues by finding out root causes, analyzing core dumps and resolved system crashes.
- Supporting servers with Oracle 10g and MySQL Databases, coordinating with DBA's for Kernel Tuning and performance monitoring.
Confidential, Maynard, MA
LINUX System Admin
- Responsible to solve technical Problems related System administration (Linux of Our Clients).
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting of FTP Server, Samba Server of the client
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, 22monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts.
- Maintain 99.98% uptime of LINUX production servers and follow proper escalation.
- Managing Red Hat Cluster, HPC environment etc.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through confab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Handling LVM related tasks, Creating, resizing LVM, Veritas Volume manager and also managing Cluster environment using Veritas Cluster suite.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Troubleshooting& Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Linux locally or over the network-kick start- (nest, ftp, and http).
- User Administration (setup and maintaining accounts).
- Experience in building binaries using Maven&Xcode.
- Maintaining Server and Systems, provide IT support to User.
- Monitoring system performance, Server load and bandwidth issues.
- Work with DBAs on installation of DB, restoration and performance tuning.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users.
- Updating Systems, Servers and client software's.
- Implement the policies for the users of the computer system and network.
- Regularly manage backup process for Server and Client data.
Environment: Centos 5.7/6, Redhat Linux 5.7/6, Ubuntu 10.04/10.10/11.10 , Fedora 17
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using she, kasha, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Installed and configured VNC server/client.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.