- 7 years of work experience in IT industry with major focus on DevOps, Software Configuration, Build and release Management and AWS Cloud Environment.
- Expert in compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Extensive Hands on experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in deployment Management process using shell scripts, windows batch, and python
- Experience on using Ansible and writing playbooks for provisioning.
- Extensive working experience in implementing new projects using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Well versed with Openstack based cloud infrastructure.
- Worked on AWS for deploying instances consisting of various flavors viz., CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux andWindows.
- Worked on Docker for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Experience withAtlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Developed and maintained many Perl/ANT Shell, Python scripts for Java/J2EE builds and release task.
- Knowledge in Core Java involving concepts like Collections, Multithreading, Data Structures, Algorithms, Exception Handling and Polymorphism.
- Experience working with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion) and used SCM client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Clear Case, Git GUI and other command line applications in terms of branching, tagging and maintenance on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE Web Applications.
- Hands on experience in setting up Apache web servers on Ubuntu Linux platforms
- Developed Processes, Tools, and Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Experience in working with bug tracking tools like JIRA, RALLY, Remedy and Cobertura in ANT Projects.
- Knowledgeable on Cloud innovations including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service supplier (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
Operating Systems: Oracle Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Windows XP/ 7/ 8
Virtualization Technologies: Oracle Virtual Box, Vagrant, Docker, VMWare
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack
Versioning Tools: Git, Gitlab, SVN, CVS
CM Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Bamboo, Ant
Servers: Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss, WebLogic, Nginx, WebSphere
Scripting/Programing: Java, Python, Shell scripting
Databases: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Postgre SQL, MongoDB
Services: LDAP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, NFS, TLS/SSL, DHCP, kerberos
Ticketing Tools: Central Station, Radar, Espresso, JIRA, Remedy
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Graphite
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Provided Configuration support using Ansible 1.9/2.x in Production, UAT, IT and Dev environments.
- Worked on DC/OS Meso’s, Marathon to launch the Docker containers and configured auto scale up and auto scale down features.
- Worked on using Gitlab, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Jetty, and central station tools for build & release cycles.
- Installed and configuredJenkinsand usedJenkinsto perform automated builds and deployments for Continuous Integration and added slaves to Jenkins master node.
- Automated creation of jobs using Jenkins-Job-Builder and Jenkins-View-Builder tools for standard jobs.
- Worked ondockercontainer snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Worked on build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of Ansible based Configuration management system.
- Worked with privatedockerregistrysetup and worked on maintainingDockerImages in docker registry.
- Responsible for deployment and maintenance of different QA & UAT environments.
- Created and maintained Servers for various environments using Ansible 1.9 and 2.x roles and playbooks.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on Tomcat, Jetty and Jboss application servers Used Shell/Bash scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Installed, configured, administered Apache,Jboss, Quantum DB Application Server on oracle linux for multiple high profile projects.
- Deployed applications into PROD & Non-Prod environments on various application servers like Jetty, Jboss & Apache Tomcat.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using apache MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Used Ansible playbooks and Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Created virtual images similar to production environment using Docker by writing Docker -compose files.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Supported developers to resolve pre and post deployment issues and performed RCA on issues.
- Provided 24/7 on call supports for the issues in stage and production environment.
- Wrote Python modules forAnsiblecustomizations.
- Written Power Shell scripts to automatically restart the Deploy agents on Linux Machines.
- Used Ansible for integrating the applications and empower them.
- Saved and managed software code base and revisions in a repository using tools like Git and SVN.
- Prepare and maintain code for various Java applications; Developed scripts using Python
- Automated and developed python script for deployment of various applications
- Used Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process
- Having good hands on experience with Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, Log Management, Package Management, Disk and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Executed various scripts like Power Shell/Python to automate build and release process.
- Used Ansible playbooks for provisioning instances on Openstack.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible, created and automated platform environment setup.
Environment: JENKINS, Ansible1.9/2.x, Docker, Jenkins-job-builder, Jenkins-view-builder, Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss, Quantum DB, Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Git, Shell/GROOVY script, Sonar, Nexus, Central station, Radar and Espresso.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Provided Configuration support in Production QA and Dev environments.
- Supported multiple teams in various environments for multiple applications including .Netand Java/J2EE.
- Used Git, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet and Jira as tools for day-to-day build & release cycles.
- UsedAWSBeanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Build Java code and .NETcode on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- AWS cloud application hosting including EC2, ELB, S3 and launchedAWSEC2 instances, configured based on requirement.
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux andWindowsenvironments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Worked onDockercontainer snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Installed and configured Jenkins tools on Linux andwindowsplatforms, manage slaves and installing Jenkins plug-ins.
- Worked on privateDockerregistrysetup, maintainingDockerImages in registry and containers.
- Responsible for Deployment and maintenance of different QA & UAT environments.
- Configured Cron jobs for various environments like nightly reboots or restart services based on the requirements.
- Created and maintained Servers and environments using Puppet 4.x manifests and Modules.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Deployed Applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various Application servers like WebLogic & Apache Tomcat.
- Performed LAMP stack setup in Ubuntu,Redhat, Database setup, Performance tuning, replication, commands, backup and administration.
- Implemented NagiostoolforMonitoringand analyzing the network loads on the individual Machines
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT views, and the access control strategies.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
Environment: Puppet 4.0, JENKINS, Jboss, Hudson, AWS, Docker, Java/J2EE, Windows, Ant, Maven, Git, AWS, Clear Quest, Quality, Center, LAMP, Shell/GROOVY script, Sonar and Nexus.
Build & Release Engineer
- Performingbuildand deployment activities for environments like Dev, QA, Stage and Production.
- Altering the existing ant scripts based on the req and writing newbuild.xml files for the new modules.
- Migrated existing antbuildsystem to Maven for some applications.
- Handling Jenkins related activities such as creating new users with the right privileges, configuring the newbuilds, add/delete Jenkins slaves and resolving any Jenkins related issue.
- Changing the pom.xml based on the requirement and making thebuildsuccessful after the changes.
- Managing SVN, which includes creating Branching, Merging the changes and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Windowsand Linux infrastructure design and management.
- Configure and installwindows2000.
- Supporting multiple development teams across the globe and handling multiple releases in parallel.
- Automating various activities using scripting languages like Perl and Shell based on the requirement.
- Maintaining the artifact repository called Nexus and moving thebuildsto it using Jenkins.
- Troubleshootingbuild, deployment and environment issues to make sure the environment is stable.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins,Windows, Azure, Vagrant, Apache, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Tomcat, ANT, CSS, Chef, MAVEN and Git.
Developer & Build Engineer
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process using tools like Hudson with approval from development and other affected teams.
- Installing, and configuring default and third-party packages on RHELLinuxservers using, yum, and rpm
- Hardening, Patching and upgrades (release) on standalone servers using (single user mode), and on production servers (live upgrade).
- Have performed routinesystemupgrades on RHEL/centossystems.
- Setup, configure and troubleshooting TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SSH, CIFS and SAMBA onMultiplatform
- Monitoring RHEL/centos servers using command line tools with Nagios and new relic tools.
- Configured and managed storage volumes such as LVM and VERITAS on RHEL/centossystems.
- Installed and configured ISCSI Utility on RHEL/Centos 6.4 server for Network Attached Storage.
- Install and configured LAMP on RHEL/Centos servers.
- Experienced on configuring and installing VMware (Virtualization).
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.