- Installs methodologies and processes.
- Identifies deficiencies and secures environments.
- Cross - functional experience and study in finance and technology industries.
- Working relationships from Senior/Chief Officers through line employees
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003 R2 /2008 R2 /2012 R2 Server Standard/Enterprise and Small Business Server 2003; Windows NT 4.0 Workstation; 2000 Professional; XP Professional/Home; Vista Business; 7 Professional; 8 Professional; ME/9x/3.x; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/6/7, Fedora Core 9-14; ONTAP 7-mode/C-mode 9.1; Mac OS X; FreeBSD 4.x/5.x; Debian 4.0; BlackBerry Wireless Handhelds
Enterprise and Utility Applications and Services: Microsoft Active Directory (AD) 2000/2003 R2/2008 R2/2012 R2; Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/2007 ; BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 4.x/5.x; VMware ESX(i) 3.5/4.x/5.x/6.0 w/ vRealize Operations Management (vROps), Server 2.0.x, Workstation 4.x/5.x/6.x, Fusion 5/6/7/8; NetApp Unified Manager, NetApp Performance Manager; Nagios; Commvault Simpana Virtual Server Protection (VSP) 10/11 (including NAS/NDMP, CIFS/Stubbing); MSFT SQL/MSSQL 2012; OnBase 14; Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition/Endpoint Protection (SAV/SEP) 9/10/12; Symantec Mail Security/Information Foundation for Microsoft Exchange 4.6/5.0/6.0; Kaspersky Antivirus (KAV) 6/8; Symantec Ghost Corporate Edition 8/Solution Suite 2; Symantec Backup Exec 8/9/10/11/12; Symantec NetBackup 6.5; Microsoft Terminal Services (TS) 2000/2003/2008 ; Postini Email Security and Message Archiving; Internet Information Services (IIS) 6/7/7.5; AppFabric; Proofpoint (a.k.a. Fortiva) Stubbing; Kaseya (including AVG Antivirus and Altiris bare-metal backup/restore)
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge, Precision, OptiPlex, Latitude; Hewlett Packard (HP) Proliant, Compaq Notebooks and Desktops; NetApp FAS 20xx/8020; IBM BladeCenter; SonicWALL TZ/PRO/NSA; Cisco PIX/ASA/Catalyst; HP ProCurve/Aruba, LeftHand SAN; BlackBerry; Xyplex Max Server
Networking: Network Address Translation (NAT)/Port Address Translation (PAT), Access Control Lists (ACLs), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Domain Name System/Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), secured 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi; trunking/aggregating 802.3ad/Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
Confidential, New York, NY
Manager of Infrastructure and Systems
- Designed upgrade and replacement of entire VMware infrastructure (software and hardware) to ensure growth, High Availability (HA), and Fault Tolerance (FT) for migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS) in coming years.
- Upgraded ESXi hosts from 5.1 to 6.0 via VMware Update Manager, including applicable security fixes, driver updates, and firmware/BIOS patches.
- Deployed vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) for sake of identifying performance bottlenecks and to determine replacement ESXi hosts to handle projected loads for next 3-5 years.
- Identified and deployed replacement Dell PowerEdge systems with sufficient processing power and memory capacity to reduce number of physical ESXi hosts.
- Replaced existing NetApp refresh proposal.
- Ran expansive performance metrics to ensure procurement of systems capable of handling current and projected loads.
- Negotiated price reduction for HW renewal by 52% from original quotes.
- Architected and executed data migration of Network File System (NFS), Common Internet File Systems/Servces (CIFS), and VMware datastores from 7-mode to Clustered ONTAP (c-mode/cDOT) 9 nodes.
- Configured performance and health reporting and alerting via Unified and Performance Managers and Nagios, implemented firewall rules, reconfigured HA and DRS, migrated nodes from public to private IP space, and triaged with networking team to provide fully redundant switching with LACP on Cisco Nexus.
- Architected modern, VMware-centric backup systems and methodology to include Disaster Recovery (DR) preparedness for 100+ guests, as well as Storage Area Network (SAN) nodes and physical hosts.
- Drove daily success rate from c. 30% over 12 hours to 100% in 2 hours. Secured support renewals that spread spending over 2 fiscal years, including version upgrade, at no additional cost.
- Configured automated reporting and real-time alerts via vROPs, NetApp Unified and Performance Managers, and PowerCLI cmdlets on PowerShell.
- Directed migration plan to new data center racks, ensuring remote power management and fully redundant switching to reduce threat of downtime (not applied in previous infrastructure design).
- Assumed responsibilities of departed Director and Executive Director, as well as Engineering peer (effectually covering for 2-3 employees over 12 months).
- Negotiated pricing on renewals and upgrades, advised business units on long-term integration with university, oversaw project management of storage and virtualization, and provided architecture, guidance, and mentoring to desktop support team.
- Approved hiring of new desktop engineer and recruited systems engineer.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Matriculated for a BA in Economics.
- Honor Society - Senior standing, min. 3.8 cumulative GPA, top 5% of class.
- Edward P. Merkle Memorial Scholarship - 2013 thru 2015.
- General Studies Scholarship - 2015 thru 2018.
- Research Assistant - Urban Economics.
Confidential, Yonkers, NY
Active Directory and Exchange Lead
- Ran full audit and remediation of existing Active Directory (AD) services.
- Planned and executed upgrade from AD 2003 to AD 2008 R2.
- Consolidated and reorganized Exchange storage groups.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Assumed all systems administration duties from development team during migration from Linux to Windows production systems.
- Ran full audit, budgeting, and deployment to reconfigure and secure entire infrastructure including network nodes, physical servers, VMware ESXi (including replication to second data center for disaster recovery), SAN upgrade from test to enterprise features, cloud backups, replication, antivirus/endpoint security, documentation and workflow, monitoring and patch management.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Systems Administrator
- Administers day-to-day operations of over 300 Internet Information Services (IIS) web and ASP.NET application servers for both US and European sites.
- Architected upgrade and optimization of Windows AppFabric for #4 ecommerce site in France.
- Technical lead in Active Directory migration (i.e. schism) of production systems. Active Directory maintenance and reconfiguration, including isolation of Update Sequence Number (USN) rollback errors. Setup daily and weekly replication summary reporting via email.
- Researched, conceived, and deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) prototype to support LAMP stack, including review of multiple file systems (EXT3/4, XFS) with including Active Directory integration employing ACLs and sudo.
- Planned for replacement of entire network infrastructure from Microsoft to Linux services to publish executive summary report. Researched features and market shares to determine best publishers/vendors to handle version control, databases, monitoring, web and application servers, file systems, patch and configuration management, bug tracking, builds, and backups.
- Regularly engaged in build and deployment of IBM physical BladeCenter and ESX cluster virtual servers, including Scaleout, Control-M, and IIS configurations.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Tasked with daily support of 250+ virtual (ESX 4.0) and physical windows systems across dozens of SAN nodes, supporting service account authentication/permission to public site.
- Secured and remediated Active Directory replication across 14 domains controllers and 5 sites—including password resets, account lockouts, and DNS—which had been failed or severely degraded for nearly 4 years. Architected domain-wide Network Time Protocol (NTP) synchronization for all Windows hosts. Securing Active Directory replication via IPSec to reduce firewall management overhead.
- Stabilized systems by architecting new Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) in all sites to provide automated patch management of 250+ Windows servers in 5 sites and 3 time zones, as well as planning for new UK site.
Confidential, New York, NY
Technical Lead/Senior Systems Engineer
- Team lead as primary consultant for largest account in the entire company, as well as team lead for other accounts totaling 30% more recurring revenue of any other engineer in the market.
- Repeatedly staffed to “at risk” and Tier I accounts. Audited and improved existing systems through process and documentation. Responsible for co-ordination of remote support, network operations, procurement and scheduling teams.
- Ranked first in tenure among 22 Consultants/Systems Engineers for total hours billed.
- Twice recognized as a member of All Covered’s “HEROES” team. Assisted senior team members in drafting the market’s first 24-month client technology plan.
- Designated as market resource for Symantec Antivirus, BlackBerry Enterprise Server/handhelds, Mac OS X, and Linux administration.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Full ownership of Microsoft domain. DNS and DHCP operation, domain policy creation and enforcement, and operating system patching. Terminal services licensing and optimization.
- End user support for software/firmware/hardware engineers running both Windows and Mac OS.
- Provided full design and support for messaging environment. Optimization of Exchange 2003, monitoring of services.
- Installed BlackBerry Enterprise Server and set group policies.
- Architected and deployed Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 4.6.
- Upgrade of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7/8 to 9.0. Operated endpoint security.
- Workstation imaging and server builds.
- Designed and deployed Ghost Corporate Edition, defined methodology, and maintained services.
- Manually built Microsoft 2000/2003 and FreeBSD servers.
- Ran Red Hat kickstart.
- General internal operations. Asset tracking, support records, software library, licensing.
- Maintained Avocent, rebuilt server RAID arrays, managed BackupExec.
- Inventory for back stocked machines and consumables.
- Complete desktop support and management for Windows and Linux users.
- Created domain, email, NIS, CVS, VPN accounts. Application support. Researched and measured user needs to define enterprise-wide standard configurations for end-user desktops and laptops.
Confidential, Berkeley Heights, NJ
Contractor - Systems Analyst / Statutory Reporting Clerk
- Product management for web-based insurance reporting system. Reviewed EDI ASC X12 reporting standard for mainframe systems; worked with multidisciplinary team to improve functionality of AJAX upload facility, performed QA, and authored data submission forms with Microsoft Excel incorporating Visual Basic macros.