- 13+ years of experience in Linux (Redhat 5/6, SUSE Linux 10/11), Solaris (9/10), AIX 5.3/6.1/7.1 and VMware Administration and Server Support.
- Experience on migrations and conversions of AIX and Linux servers from Physical to virtual and virtual to virtual.
- Ability to perform Patch Management, Service Pack Upgrades on Linux, Solaris and AIX.
- Installation and configuration of Samba Server on Solaris, Linux.
- Installation, Configuration and management of Sun Servers wif RAID Technologies.
- Ability to support the server wif the full efficiency and dedication utilizing skills.
- Extensive knowledge on LVM (Volume Groups, Logical Volumes and File systems) creation, management and troubleshooting.
- Experienced wif installation, support, configuration and maintenance of Redhat Linux, SUSE Linux, AIX and Windows 2003/2008 Operating System.
- Experienced wif Virtualization technological such as XEN, VMware ESX and ESXi servers 4.0 and 5.1.
- RDBMS installation and support including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and use of SQL in various contexts
- Experience in Server build using PXE - Boot and kick start Process on multiple servers.
- Installation of patches, Security fixes, packages on Linux, AIX and Windows NT/2000 Servers.
- Administration of Storage Area Networks (SAN), EMC Clarion, EMC Symmetric, Hitachi data systems and HP EVA.
- Excellent ability in writing in shell scripting (Korn, Bash).
- Worked wif Backup Team to Configure the Master and Client Backup servers Using VERITAS Net Backup and Recovery from tapes using ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar and cpio.
- Installation of NFS, FTP, DNS, NIS, Sendmail, Postfix and HTTP on Linux Operating
- Configure a workstation as a client to NIS and LDAP.
- Implementing local backup and disaster recovery.
- Strong experience in file access permissions.
- Configuration of local and network printers and basic troubleshooting.
- Monitoring the performance of servers using nmon, top, topas, vmstat and iostat.
- Creating /removing swap space, checking swap space usage and increase/decrease if required.
- Remediating the servers by disabling the then active but unsecured daemons and services.
- Experience of working in Data centers wif 24X7 Production and On-Call Environments.
- Experience in halpdesk management, desktop pc support & troubleshooting and supervising desktop pc technicians.
- Coordinating wif Vendors for any critical hardware problems and driving the issue to resolution.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Proven strength in troubleshooting, problem solving, coordination, analysis and a proven track record of success
Operating Systems: AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1/7.1 , SUSE Linux SLES 10/11, Red Hat 5/6, Windows 2003/2008/XP, Solaris 9/10
Servers: Sun Enterprise servers E450, E250, Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000 Server, M5000 Server, IBM Bladecenter, IBM pSeries, IBM xSeries, HP Gen7 and Gen8, Dell, Cisco
Applications: IBM Websphere, MQSeries, AMQ, Weblogic, Apache, Geronimo, IBM HTTP Server, Netscape, topend, tomcat, Portal, Message Broker, DataPower, Connexus
Storage: IBM N-series, IBM DS3200, NAS, EMC Clarion, TSM
Networking & Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, ftp, sftp, telnet, SSH, VLAN, Nortel Switches, CISCO switches
Alerting Technologies: BMC Remedy, Remedy 7, Nagios
Shell Scripting: Korn, Bash
Virtualization & High Availability: XEN, VMware, VIOS, LPAR, HACMP, DRBD, Pacemaker
Databases: DB2, Informix 9/10/11, Oracle 7/8, SQL Server 6.5/7
Programming Languages: C/C++, HTML, XML, COBOL, FORTRAN
Other Tools: Tivoli Performance Viewer, VERITAS Volume Manager, putty, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, MS access
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
UNIX/Linux System Administrator
- Production support for 6000+ servers wif SuSE Linux Enterprise servers and IBM Hardware.
- Working wif DRBD and Pacemaker cluster tools.
- Configuring and supporting virtual servers by using Xen hypervisor.
- Encryptions of file system and raw devices in Linux wif Vormetric encryption software, register and unregister to the appliances for encryption and decryption.
- Configuration, implementation and administration of clustered servers on Linux environment by using pacemaker.
- Configuring, Maintaining of NAS and SAN storage.
- Working for migrations Linux physical to virtual, virtual to virtual.
- Working on AIX to Linux conversions.
- Migrating data between storage arrays and internal and external disk.
- Adding storage and creating raw devices in Linux servers for configuring databases Informix and oracle.
- Trouble shooting the issues wif virtual and physical networks pertaining to OS and hypervisor.
- Resolving STONITH errors in pacemaker clusters and adding resource monitors to trigger STONITH.
- Managing servers in cluster after migrations through shell script.
- Involved in resolving Split-brain issues wif DRBD, ensuring data security and enabling data replication.
- Resolving and creating Tickets related to migrations, conversions via BMC Remedy ticketing tool.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
UNIX System Administrator
- System administration, maintenance and support for 1600+ servers wif Solaris, Linux and HP-UX Operating System.
- Application design, development and implementation according to operational standards ( SDLC).
- Developed automated solutions for product support dat includes developing & managing the deployment architecture for the application.
- Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Patching of RHEL5 servers for EMC Powerpath Upgrade for VMAX migration.
- Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VMs on VMware vSphere 5.0.
- Documented the standard procedure for installation and deployment of VMAX Migration and logical volume manager.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services: DHCP, SSH, SCP.
- Managed and upgraded UNIX’s server services such as Bind DNS.
- Responsible for setting cron jobs on the servers.
- Configuration and administration of Web (Apache), DHCP and FTP Servers in Linux and Solaris servers.
- Configuration and administration of NFS and Samba in Linux.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's servers’ operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- User administration on Sun Solaris and RHEL systems, HP-UX machines, management & archiving.
- Installations of HP Open view, monitoring tool, in more than 300 servers.
- Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions to them.
- Worked wif monitoring tools such as Nagios and HP Openview.
- Worked wif DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and wif vendors for hardware related issues.
- Supported the backup environments running VERITAS Net Backup 6.5.
- Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24X7 technical supports
- Maintaining the Remedy tool, which is ticketing tool, reviewing the ticket complexity and assigning it to proper technical SA based on their technical skill set.
- Review the ticket description and segment the tickets into the various buckets based on complexity
- Ensuring high and critical severity work is assigned immediately to senior & above resources
- Defining the batch process, which will ensure to get the same kind of tickets into a batch and getting assigned to the Admin to have quick resolution.
- Implementing hand off rules & document the same in hand off tracker from one shift to another shift to have better hand shake and dat ensures proper handover.
- Report weekly dispatch effectiveness metrics to the pool management and dispatch lead
- Conduct analysis to improve metric performance continually
- Pull daily measurements for tracking performance and quality of the Pool
- Update the visual performance board(s) for the team and report to the team issues of concern wifin the daily cadence
- Measure and refine segmentation of complexity and batching rules for improved efficiency over time
- Working wif all the dispatchers and quality teams across RDC to standardize dispatch methods to manage multiple pools and gain additional scale.
- Coordinating across the levels in the pool from technical skill level and managers
- Actively participating in continual improvement from process standpoint.
- Contribute to defect prevention activities in the pool (in coordination wif DA's)
- Conducting daily pool huddles and raising issues / concerns / ideas / initiatives / highlights / appreciation's in the pool
- Supporting the pool during Standard Assessments from dispatch component stand point
- Conduct dispatch watch & coach self-assessments and improve the score from the last review
- Ensuring all the documents are getting updated wif version history and maintain them in central location such as TR.
UNIX System Administrator
- Level 2 UNIX System Administration for supporting Sun Solaris 9/10, RHEL 5, SUSE Linux 9/10 wif VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 and Windows 2003/2008 operating systems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Virtualization technologies such as XEN, Pacemaker, DRBD VMware, LPAR, and VIOS.
- Install and troubleshoot middleware applications such as IBM Websphere, MQSeries, AMQ, Weblogic, Apache, Geronimo, Message Broker and Connexus on UNIX servers.
- Monitor systems CPU, memory and disk utilization and network statistics using Wire Shark technology.
- Implementing RAID 0, 1, 5 using VERITAS Volume Manager.
- Systems administration, maintenance and monitoring various day-to-day operations.
- Processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub process.
- File System administration and management like monitoring various logs, file system sizes
- User administration and management like add change and delete.
- User profiles, security authorizations etc.
- Maintaining and changing file systems & disk assignments using meta disk
- Installation/Upgrade, System Startup & System Shutdown as needed.
- Monitor System Performance Parameters using nmon, iostat, and vmstat and fine-tuning.
- Customized the user CDE environments and user profiles.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, futures, queue tasks by using crontab, at.
- Resolved system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file sizes, file system errors.
- Administration and trouble shooting skills on Disks & File Systems, Users & Groups.
- Documented various regular administrative tasks and backup procedures etc.
- Working knowledge in services like Rlogin, Telnet, FTP, X-Window System etc.
- Monitor bad user logins and unauthorized users.
- Created New Slices, New File Systems, Mounting File Systems, Unmounting File Systems and Huge Slices using Daisy Chains
- Install VERITAS clustering on WebSphere server.
- Perform FSCK on the corrupted file systems in AIX and Linux servers.
- Perform Nightly backups on UNIX (AIX/Linux) and Windows server using TSM V5.3/5.4.
- Write shell scripts (Korn, Perl, BASH) for automation purpose.
- Configure TCP/IP network for the public network and backup network.
- Work wif LVM, Disk mirroring, RAID, Disaster Recovery on UNIX servers.
- Configure LUNs on NetApp and IBM DS3200 storage.
- Provide 24X7 supports on pager rotation and third shift basis remotely for all the stores.
- Develop internal website on Linux server and create/review/update documentation upon request using html coding.
System Admin & Technical Support Executive
- Supporting users through email, on call and troubleshooting.
- Carry out regular routine preventative maintenance schedule on servers.
- Monitor and analyze servers and resolve any problems, maintain systems reporting, tuning
- Maintaining integrity of security wif the use of group policies across domains.
- Creating and managing Organizational Units, Groups and users.
- Maintaining inventory of all components including systems and other hardware.
- Maintaining user’s data backup by creating particular user folder in File Server and applying security permission on folders.
- Time to time dressing of the cables and patch cords.
- To maintain all active components on the network such as the Switches, Hubs, Firewall, Audio codes.
- Involved in Second level troubles shooting.