- More than 6 years of working experience with a technology team in goal oriented
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of data centers and application server clusters comprised of several thousand nodes
- Extensive experience in infrastructure management tools, and data center automation
- Experience with virtualization and cloud infrastructure, including: VMware, Xen, KVM, AWS, SoftLayer, etc.
- Familiar with most popular programming, scripting, and markup languages: python, ruby, C, etc. Favorites are PowerShell and python
- Working knowledge of advanced features and system internals of major operating systems: Linux, BSD, Solaris, Windows, MacOS
- Consistently achieve 99.999\% uptime for supported systems
Systems: Windows (XP/ Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2), MAC OS, Linux
Cloud: VMware (4.1,5.0,5.1,5.5 and 6.0), Cirtix, SoftLayer
Applications: MS SQL Server, MS Office Suite, Visio, MS Project, MySQL
Hardware: Storage (NetApp, EMC, Centera), Server, Switches, Routers, and PC.
Networking: Ethernet, VPN, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN
Technologies: 802.11b Wireless
Systems Engineer III
- Successful migration of traditional Data Centers technologies to Cloud based technologies; this had immediate impact on reducing Confidential budget.
- Designed highly available network and server access solutions which improved overall systems availability by 25%.
- Build and manages 132 ESX /ESXi hosts in 7 different Data Centers globally.
- Build and manages 11 Cisco UCS - 5108 chassis blade system
- Build and manage 9 HP Blade System C700 chassis
- Manages over 900+ VMs (Windows, Linux/Unix, Cisco Appliance VMs and other).
- Manage HP standalone servers and configure Virtual connect
- Manage and Support Cisco UCS SAN on Cisco UCS
- Just upgraded our NetApp Grid from 7 mode to cluster mode.
- Managed and support the Vcenter Environments in Minneapolis/Boston/India/Vegas
- Upgraded to new VMware from 5.0 to 5.5 environment on HP and Cisco UCS Chassis blades
- Upgraded Vcenter datastores from Fibre channel (FC) to NFS.
- SQL Server administration duties
- Setup and administer ServiceNow for SysOps group
- Design and implement a new VMware 5.0 Environment in Cisco UCS Blade servers
- Build and manages IPT/Voice and Info Security servers.
- Setup LUN’s and Zoning for ESXi/ESX datastores on NetApp and Brocade switches
- Creates and maintains GPO for managed CompuCom servers.
- Maintains and use SCCM and SCOM to monitor servers, create custom OS images,
- Setup and maintain WSUS server to push out security patches to managed servers.
- Managed user permissions and NTFS Permissions
- Managed and supported DFS tunnels and DFSR for File servers as well as for data migration
- Managed and supported EMC Avamar backup for Vcenter to backup VM’s and windows/Linux file system
- Lead and often coordinating scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance after hours
- Submit, edit, update, and close service request tickets via ServiceNow regarding all manner of network/server performance, troubleshooting, problems, incidents, and general requests.
- On-call duties one week every month
- Design and write code to enhance new and existing applications
- Customize software and web applications (WordPress, CM/ECF, CHAP, and Intranet).
- Maintain, enhance and test the features of the courts on-line case processing system
- Create and execute test plans, gather technical requirements and assess the technical needs of our existing court systems and provide code review to the IT Team.
- Build and manages ESX hosts in 3 different locations.
- Set up and maintain user Citrix profiles.
- Build and manage 50+ HP DL380 and Cisco UCS C240 servers.
- Use of Source Control System to maintain code versions
- Lead daily SCRUM meetings within the IT department.
- Provide support for server and networking components, desktop personal computer hardware components, and courtroom-related equipment and software.
- Provide prompt response to help desk service requests and provide resolution with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Monitor critical infrastructure systems.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation in the Wiki database
- Analyzes and revises existing functional documentation
- Evaluates business requirements and prepares detailed specifications that follow project guidelines required to develop written programs
Systems/Applications Services Engineer
- Configured ServiceNow for Incident Mgmt and Service Requests
- Utilized technical skills to troubleshoot application & data issues
- Monitor and update ServiceNow tickets in a timely fashion
- Server/Network hardening to support availability
- Conversion of servers to Active-active configurations using port channels for network connections.
- Migration of server platforms to Cisco’s UCS B & C Series platform.
- Recommended future state business processes based on requirements and application analysis
- Research standard functionality & configuration options for new modules
- Executed system configuration for new modules and create technical system documentation
- Lead testing activities and troubleshoot issues following best practices
- Created training materials for end users, helpdesk, and application services
- In charge of Change management process for introducing system changes into production environment.
Quality Tech Analyst
- Provided and assisted in design feeds for server/network architecture on various projects based on clients’ specifications and requirements.
- Monitoring and verification of manufacturing process conditions3
- Assisted manufacturing engineers in system design and integration.
- Setup medical machines that runs on windows 2003/2008 platforms.
- Troubleshootsystemfailures and assist with recovery of machines
- Uses Lean six sigma tools to inspect, analyze products, and machinery workflow.
- Hold meetings with ME and QE Tech to discuss process continuous improvement and Principles of Lean Management.
- Completed leadership training and created documentation for others.
- Experience and proficient in SAP methods
- Participated in the KAIZEN Events with engineers to reduced wipe by 60%, cycle time, increased labor efficiency.
- Help QE Technician with disposition of Non-Confirming Events
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Analyst/Help Desk Support
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
- Performed Requirements Analysis and Design
- Performed level 2 troubleshooting on network and server infrastructure.
- Performed system integration and validation based Systems Engineers guidelines.
- Computer, laptop, phone repairs including OS installation.
- Troubleshoot and maintain personal computer hardware and software.
- Attended different lectures of specialist, which helps to increase efficiency of users.
- Attended the various seminars, which helps me to increase my knowledge.
- Interviewed and held meetings with clients regularly to update them on project status
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the application life cycle.
- Prioritized business and systems problems; analyzed legislation and conducted impact analysis.