- 7+ years of experience in the IT field of system administration with AWS Cloud and DevOps Engineer with best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Designed, built and deployed multiple applications utilizing almost all the AWS, Including EC2, IAM, S3, S3 Glacier, EFS, Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Amazon IoT, Amazon KMS, API Gateway, Cloud Watch, Snapshots and IAM, focusing on high - availability and fault tolerance.
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like SVN, Git, GitHub, bit bucket.
- Good understanding knowledge on working servers like Blades, rack-mounts and manage of storing them. Experience in working with road blocks.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing. Also, expertise in post-production analysis of the projects.
- Implement company's software development guidelines and procedures regarding deployment workflow and continuous integration Python tornado, GitLab, Jenkins, OpenVZ and SaltStack.
- Extensive experience with Linux environments like centos, RHEL(OSE), Ubuntu.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments.
- Strong hands on Experience with scripting languages like Shell, Python, bash, Perl, JSON.
- Designed project workflows/pipelines with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, bamboo, build forge.
- Demonstrated ability in installation, configuration and management of provision tools chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks for Tomcat, MySQL, windows applications and versioned them on Git repositories and Chef Server.
- Used BitBake to run shell and python tasks efficiently and parallelly.
- Used Yocto to create custom Linux based systems for embedded products.
- Coordination experience with various teams like Dev, QA and production Operations.
- Designed and implemented the complete DevOps automation framework.
- Extensive experience with Linux environments like centos, RHEL, Ubuntu.
- Experience in Installing and configuring the various webservers and databases like Tomcat, JBOSS, and MySQL.
- Worked with several teams to transition workflows to Continuous Integration and Delivery model and implemented best practices for utilizing AWS.
- Experience in working with various CI/CD tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Subversion, Team foundation server (TFS), AccuRev and Nexus, Artifactory.
- Experience on working withbuildpipelines, ANT scripts, MAVEN, XCODE and Shell.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for app isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment. Strong knowledge on Docker components like Docker swarm Engine, Docker Registry, Docker Notary.
- Designing the entire cycle of application development by using Docker
- Wrote custom monitoring and integrated monitoring methods into deployment processes to develop self-healing solutions using Nagios, Graphite and Zabbix etc.
- Good working Knowledge in CloudBees, OpenShift and Whitehat.
- Implanted continuous integration concepts using Hudson, Cruise Control, Jenkins and AnthillPro
- Conduct systems design, feasibility & cost studies and recommend cost-effective cloud solutions like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and experience with Perforce, Subversion and CVS.
- Involved in handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance for Day to day Activities
- Management of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing of automated builds & test runs and Troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests, etc
- Worked with Engineers, QA, business and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Stash(Bitbucket), CVS.
Cloud Platform: AWS, OpenShift.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Anthill Pro, XL-Deploy.
Config Mgmt Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt stack, Terraform.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven and Gradle.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Junit, HP Quality Center, IBM Clear.
Other Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Docker, Atlassian Confluence.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, .NET, Python, Ruby, Objective C, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JSP, EJB, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON.
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, SQL SERVER, PostgreSQL, MY SQL, NoSQL.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
AWS Cloud and DevOps Engineer
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selectors and Services.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services.
- Worked on Docker Container to create Docker Images for different environments.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Authored Shell Scripts, Python Scripts to maintain weekly backups for applications and databases for disaster recovery and stored them in Amazon S3 Buckets.
- Maintained EBS volumes for storing the complete data of the instances and later mounted those volumes to new servers in case the old instances were crashed.
- Used Security Groups and Routing Tables to control inbound and outbound traffic from an instance.
- Developed Cloud Formation templates, also launched AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying, monitoring and scaling web applications using different platforms like Java, Docker, Python etc.
- Created IAM roles for DEV and QA environment and attached roles to them for security purpose.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, DynamoDB, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups and archives to Glacier archives, and configured AWS Redshift for data Warehousing.
- Worked together REST API contracts are documented and rendered using Swagger for QA and BA teams to view.Apache Camel is used for generating routes for Merchant portal Microservices.
- Used Cloud Watch Events to collect data from other AWS resources and transfer them to SQS and SNS for alerting solar.
- Used Jenkins for continues integration and Jenkins Master Slave Architecture to run Jenkins build in remote RHEL Servers. Integrated ApacheKafka for data ingestion.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system and used Ansible to manage Web apps, Environment configuration files, Users and Packages.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide Automation, Continuous Integration through Jenkins.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible Playbooks.
- Configured File beat to send logs from Apache Tomcat to Elastic Search, used Kibana and Grafana for visualizing and maintaining system Logs.
- Extensively worked with Apache Tomcat as application server and configured Nexus OSS with Jenkins as a Repository, involved in writing Maven build scripts and POM files for generating java based artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Managed GitHub as a Source code management tool and Git as a versioning tool for the projects to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
Environment: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GitHub, Maven, Ansible, Terraform, Grafana, Nexus OSS, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell Scripting, Python, Java, Kafka.
Confidential, College Park, MD
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Setup and build various AWS infrastructure resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Experience with container based Virtualized deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using WebHooks and Slave Machines.
- Worked with GitHub to manage source code repositories and performed branching, merging and tagging depending on requirement.
- Enforcing Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbook using Test-kitchen, Vagrant, FoodCritic and ChefSpec.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Implementation of JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle and integration of JIRA with repositories such as Subversion and Git to track all code changes.
- Used Python libraries such as paramiko, pycrypto, XML parser and logging libraries to develop automatic storage, networking deployment tool on scale-out environment with Linux.
- Writing JSON templates for cloud formation and Ruby Script for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins master and slave configuration. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Help developers and testers to understand the CD/CI practices and process for Securing and Hardening the Environments and Continuous Integration tools.
- Migrated legacy applications to a repeatable Continuous Integration platform.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, GitHub and AWS.
- Implemented app logging service using logging tools, such as Splunk, Graylog2 and developed and deployed stacks using AWS cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting.
Environment: AWS, Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Chef, Groovy, Python, Shell Scripting, XML, Docker, Ansible, Linux, Splunk.
Confidential, Neptune City, NJ.
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Created and Maintained Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each Production releases and perform builds using Hudson Continuous Integration using Maven Scripts.
- Maintained Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with specified configuration in maven configuration files.
- Strong experience in utilizing Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN and use ANT/Maven to build war/ear artifacts.
- Automated Maven and ANT builds by integrating them with Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Automated the continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven repository and deployed apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD process.
- Involved in installing Puppet client on Red hat & Solaris servers for Automation purpose.
- Implemented and maintained Puppet configuration management across two divergent service offerings (legacy and current generation) spanning several environments in the AWS cloud.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tools Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Maintained Chef Server and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Automated legacy infrastructure in the interim while working through Chef.
- Strong experience in deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Involved in POC on Docker and used Docker registry, Docker-compose, Links, Bridge and Docker file.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, Linux and Windows - Batch, Python, Shell script, Ruby etc.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Automated JBoss configuration and deployments using various Perl /shell scripts.
- Design and develop monitoring and troubleshooting tool utilizing Power Shell scripts.
Environment: AWS, Git, Chef, Docker, Puppet, ANT, Maven, WebLogic, UNIX, Linux, Batch, Shell, Perl Scripting, JIRA.
Confidential, Bridgeport, CT
Build and Release Engineer
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN)
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Hudson CI Automation.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Deployed mcollective for orchestration. Wrote custom mcollective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Stand up new hardware or configurations within our clusters by using the configuration management tool Salt Stack.
- Created & Pillar Grains for automation of the application with Infrastructure Management Tool Salt Stack Server.
- Implemented automations tools Chef, Puppet, Splunk, Salt Stack
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Support application projects and create new applications using python Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Ability to work on SQL queries across multiple database and applications.
- Experienced in deploying Database Changes to Oracle, MS SQL Server and MY SQL databases
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms, installed packages using YUM and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
Environment: SVN, Ant, GIT, Hudson, Python, Chef, Puppet, Splunk, Linux, Maven, MySQL, Java.
- Linux-based Virtualization implementation such as VM Ware, Xen and Physical servers-HP.
- Experienced in supporting database systems including Oracle, MySQL, on Red Hat Linux/Unix.
- Server platforms that contained Apache, MySQL, PHP5 and Samba Server configuration with Samba Clients mail, and FTP server.
- Comfortable with Installing, and configuring ubuntu servers.Had hands-on experience with Ubuntu Linux.
- Managed Red Hat Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area in Red hat Linux Kick Start Installation. Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8/9 to other Network Services.
- Managed server nodes running Red Hat Linux, for application bioask.com.
- Performed installation and administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and print servers as per the client's requirement.
- Upgrading and patching Linux and Solaris servers using 'yum' and 'pkg-get' respectively.
- Worked on monitoring of VMware virtual environments with ESXi 4 servers and Virtual Center.
- Wrote bash and Perl scripting for automation purpose.
- Co-coordinating with team members to push the newly builds into production on the time-line Wrote bash and Perl scripting for automation purpose.
- Experience with LDAP authentication.
- Used internal tools like ESM, Opsware Server Automation, Tideway.
- Implemented Virtualization using VMware in Linux on HP-DL585.
- VM ware/ Worked on installing and maintenance of VM in Linux.
- Installing, configuring and administering NIS master server.
- Installing & administering NFS services using auto mounter.
- Provision the new Linux Server based on the need.
- Linux Server Updates and Patching.
- Authentication and Authorization Management.
- Troubleshooting of Linux Severs and QA Deployments.
Environment: Red hat Linux 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4, NIS, NFS, Solaris.