- An overall7 years of system administrator experiencein multiplatformLinux, VMware ESX and Windows environments, with hands - on expertise in networking, storage, scripting, and systems integration.
- Experience inadministration, configuring and problem analysesforRed Hat EnterpriseLinuxRHEL, SuSe,CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows servers.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration, maintenance of openLDAPserver and application integrated withapache/tomcat, samba & send mail,web sphere application servers and postfix mail server for user authentication
- Experience with server/kernelperformance tuning, system security, system monitoring and system network interfaceload balancing.
- Expertise in system monitoring and software installation tools includingNagios,RPM, yum, apt-get, yast, and autoyast.
- Provide recommendations for newLinuxserver deployments in a datacenterenvironment.
- Setup Internetload balancingonMultiple ISP,Firewall, Port forwarding, IP routing using IPTABLES
- Experienced in supporting database systems includingOracle, MySQLonLinux/Unix, and Windows environment
- Expertise in utility scripting for automation, and monitoring usingShell & Perl scripts
- Experience inRPM buildpackage,Kernelupdate, Kick Start & remote network installation
- Experience in EMC CLARiiONSAN, NAS,and DAS installed & configured, implemented clustering, high availability (HA), and fail over
- Routine maintenance with latestSecurityupdates and software update.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration & TroubleshootingVMware ESX 3.5/4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1 , VSphere 4.0/5.0, Virtual Center 5.0 Servers.
- Creation of VM’s on ESX Servers and installation of hosts and guest OS Windows.Network configuration on ESX serverswhich include NIC teaming, Bonding for Failover and Load Balancing purposes.
- Migrating Virtual Machinesacross various VMware products like ESX servers Workstation and VMware servers.
- Designing and ImplementingClusteringwithHA & DRS, & Resource Pools for high availability.
- Installation ofIntel and/or AMD based HP, Dell, IBM standalone and blade servers, and knowledge on the hardware.
- Installed and configuredHadoopwithLinuxserver on workstation.
- Experience in Windows 2000/2003/2008 Active Directory Installation, Managing, Administering and Troubleshooting. Design and deployment of enterprise-wide Group Policies using Active Directory components, Creation of users, groups and assigning necessary hardware and software.
- Experience inP2V, V2V MIGRATIONusing VMwareConverter. Creating host and clientVM templates and cloning.
- Experience inFC,iSCSI SAN, NAS, NFSstorage and RAID concept
- Configure networking inLinuxservers.
- Remote system administrationexperience.
- Proficient inhardware, software and networkstroubleshooting and problem determination/resolution.
- Excellenttechnical skills, with strong knowledgeof current and emerging technologies.
- Strong communication abilities, with history of providingon-site supportto wide range of clients.
- Experience with system andstorage sizing, capacity planning, system tuningand system integration.
Operating SYSTEM: Sun Solaris 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, Red HatLinux3.x, 4.x, 5.x,6.x, SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows NT/2003/XP/2000.
Hardware: Sun Ultra Enterprise Servers (E3500, E4500, E450,E420R,E250,Sun Fire (6800/4800/3800/ v880/v480/v210/v440/280R/15K/25K), Sun Workstations (Ultra 5, 10,20,Blade 100,150,2000),SunstorEDGEA1000 and D1000,HP 9000 series,IBM RS/6000, p Series, x Series.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Software and Tools: VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/4.x,WinSCP, FTP, SSL, VERITAS Cluster Services, Cisco CNR, Send mail, Puppet.
Backup Management: VERITAS Netback up 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solstice Disk Suite, tar, dd, cpio
Tape Hardware: Storage tape libraries L40, L80, L180, L700, SL500, SL8500, DAT & DLT, STK 9940B, 9840B, LTOs.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, Web logic, Webspere iplanet and JBoss
Languages: C/C++, HTML, Shell Scripting, perl, python
Confidential, CHICAGO, IL
- Migration of applications from older Sun/Solarishardware over to HP blade environment running RedHatLinux(RHEL4, 5, and 6. P2V migrations of hardware servers toVMwareenvironment running on ESX V4.1 servers (HP Proliant hardware). Ongoing maintenance and support of several hundredSolarisandRHELservers, operating with a wide variety of applications, running on both physical and virtual machines.
- Establishing ODBC connection to move data from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008 and Upgraded Dialogue version from ver 6 to ver 8.
- AdministeredLinuxservers for several functions including managing WebSphere, Apace/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, SVN, build and firewalls in both development and production.
- Use strongLinuxand Windows Server Administrator skills to accomplish website migrations setup, and restore websites and troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- UpgradedSolaris8 andSolaris9 toSolaris10 using live migrations.
- Worked on YUM configuration.
- Creating profiles in Puppet and pushing them across all the servers in UNIX andLinuxenvironment.
- Setup and configured Apache in Redhat
- Red HatLinuxserver administrator, including security patching, kernel tuning, RAID disk array management, software packaging and installation using RPMs.
- Customize the migration life cycle concepts and implement the best practices that ensure quality standards and less downtime through the process.
- Associated for running jobs for migrating different client application servers fromSolaristoLinux Environment.
- Involved in Raising service now tickets for creating repositories. Daily kickoff call with team and getting project migration information.
- Perlandshellscripts to collection and summarize server information for server monitoring improvement project.
- Performed data migration across multiple UNIX/Linux(RHEL/OEL/Solaris/HPUX) servers, and Windows Servers.
- Upgraded and maintained software packages on servers usingRHELSatellite and Repository servers.
- Build new Virtual machine and physical server.
- Managing theVMwareESX and ESXi server 5.5, 5.1, 4.0.0 and 3.5.0 based on requirement.
- Installand configure the hardware agents on the ESX servers for Hardware monitoring and alerts (SNMP & Open Manager).
- Frequently checked ESX server logs for any problems and troubleshoot whenever necessary.
- Worked with application team in resolving any issues related application installed on the servers.
- Created Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for any server outages and server problems.
- Monitored ESX server alarms and VM's alarms and acted on those incidents to resolve.
- Implemented V2V and P2V conversion usingVMwareConverter.
- Proper power down and up process during Maintenance of ESX hosts or power outage.
- Taking Snapshots in the environment. Creating templates as per various business requirements.
- Coordinating with various vendors for hardware related issues.
- Adding new user and assigning permission and shared resources rights.
- Managing and troubleshooting AD users login problems.
- Attend team meetings, change control meetings to update configuration / installation progress and upcoming changes in environment.
- Creating Change Controls, Resolving Incident Tickets and Problem Tickets using Service-Now ticketing tool, and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment under strict SLA and resolve Production Incidents with minimum impact.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4/5/6, VMware, Solaris 8,SVN, SUN FIRE 6800/E6500/E4500, Service-Now, Sun Sparc1000, IBM RS/6000, Disk suite, HPUX, ESX, LDAP, DNS, NIS, NIS +,SNMP, Shell scripting, Apache, Puppet, WebSphere, Sun and Veritas Clusters.
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
- InstalledRed Hat operating systems, apply patches, manage file systemsand monitor performance on VM, HP Blade Server.
- Installed andConfigured DNS, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, NIS, and NFSin Red HatLinux.
- Buildphysical serversfrom scratch for Holiday readiness project.
- Build more than800 VMs in V blockenvironment.
- Assist on server migration from old rack to HD rack.
- Configured and administrateTCP/IP networking, routing, switchingload balancing and VLAN.
- Resource Management - ConfiguringVMware HA, VMware DRS clustersforVmotion- migrations between ESX servers.
- MaintainingVMware ESX serversand Virtual Machines throughVMwarevCenter.
- Upgrade implementation fromESX 3.5 to VSphere 4.1.
- Assist in information gathering and architecting solutions to fulfill various functional and performance requirements, including storage, networking, and other pieces of infrastructure.
- Involved in managing the VMware solutions to support multiplestorageconnectivity options such asFC-SAN,iSCSI, NFS (NAS)and internal storage
- Responsible for operational support and incident management ofLinuxserver.
- Responsible for Investigating and troubleshoot issues by determining root cause and remediate application, system, infrastructure issues and take proactive measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Worked with team to identify and address systems problems.
- Analyzed existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability onLinux.
- Performed KernelUpgrades and KernelPatchingusing both Command line and GUI.
- Performed Kernel Tuning to makeLinuxenvironment less vulnerable to internal security fixes.
Environment: Red HatLinux5.x, 6.x, VMware, Open fileriSCSI SAN/NAS V block, HP Blade servers, Kick start, Apache, Tomcat, DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS,SAN,LDAP, Active Directory, MySQL, PHP, Samba.
- Administration of Sun Servers (SPARC and x86) running Solaris 9, 10 and Dell, HP Servers running Redhat EL 3, 4.x, 5 which includedjumpstarting, performing live upgrades of Solaris operating systems and Kickstarting Redhat EL 3, 4.x, 5
- Administration and support of Unix Servers includingIBM AIX, HP-UX, Red HatLinuxandCentOS.
- Migrated Oracle databases and People soft applications running on HP PA-RISC to HPUX Itanium.
- Performed HW refresh by replacingHP 9000 servers with new HP Itaniumservers.
- Creation of VMs for Solaris x86 andLinuxonVMware ESX 3.5and administering them withVI Client.
- Supported vPar and nPar on HP PA-RISC and Itanium Superdome HW.
- Installed HP ARIES to support and compile core application files from PA-RISC to Itanium.
- Experience following SOX and SAS70 compliances in building the servers and implementing change process.
- Performed volume management usingSolaris LVM,VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVMand the creation ofzfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
- Installation and support of various applications includingWebLogic 10, JBoss 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Sun Java System Web Server 7, Tomcat, JDK 1.5, Ant.
- Provisioning ofLUNs from SAN based on McData Switches and Hitachi Based Storage.
- Patch managementusing native commands onSolaris andLinuxandfollowing the chance control procedures.
- Performance tuning and troubleshootingof the applications and resolution of issues arising out of the ticketing systems in Remedy.
- Monitoring the servers using tools likeBMC and Nagiosand providing 24x7 support on call rotation basis.
- Modified theLinuxKernel (2.4) to control the swappiness.
- Configuration and support ofHP MC Service Guard&Veritas Cluster Server 5.0for various agents including SAP, Oracle, DNS
- Decommission of the servers/service groupswhich include: removal of DNS, take full ad-hoc backup of file systems, removal from backups, removal of patrol monitoring, removal from AD, keep autosys jobs ON-ICE, removal from CME etc.
- User administration of UNIX /Linuxaccount usingsudo / RBACfor assigning special privileges to the users.
- Extensive experience in programming with C, C++, Device driver, Application Services on UNIX, Windows Host.
- Strong scripting knowledge(Perl and C)to perform different administration tasks.
- Experience inShellscripting(ksh, bash)to automate system administration jobs
- Automated tasks using bash, korn shell scripts.
- Backup and restore of file systems usingVeritas Netbackup 6.5.
- Worked onRemedy project and resolved Remedy ticketsas assigned to the individual or team
- Participated in projects as directed including planning and the implementation of new applications and projects infrastructure.
- Involved in migration of project from one flavor to another one.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
Environment: HPUX 11.11, 11i V2, rp 5470, rp3400,Solaris 8, 9, 10, Redhat EL 3, 4.x, Veritas Volume Manager 5, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Veritas Netbackup 6.5, VM Ware ESX 3.5, Virtual Center 2.5, BMC Patrol for Unix, Apache 2.2.x, Sun Java System Web Server 7, WebLogic 10, ksh, bash, Oracle 10g, Sun SPARC Enterprise T2000, T5120, Sun Fire v890, 6800, x4100, x4150, E6900, M5000, M 8000, 3510, 3511, Hitachi Lightening 9970v
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Installation ofSolaris 8, 9based servers withJumpstart and Centos, RedhatLinuxEL 4.xbased serversusingKickstart indevelopment, test and production environments.
- Implemented and administeredVM Ware ESX 3.5 and 4.1 .
- Performed project coordination function forevaluation, installation, monitoring, and maintenance of server software on variety of hardware platforms.
- Installed/ upgradedpatches, firmware(OBP), and security (Kernel) patches for all applications in installed infrastructure.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and applications, Scheduling of batch jobs and cron jobs.
- Upgraded over 35 servers withVERITAS Volume Managerfrom3.x to 4.0.
- Responsible for user administration and management usingSUDOandRBAC
- Built new systems for Production and migrated fromSolaris 8 to 9.
- MaintainedVolumesandFile systemsusingVxVM / VxFS for Oracle, DB2, Sybase MySQLdatabases.
- Used VxVM toadd disk, create new disk groups/volumes, resize, deport and importdisk groups between servers.
- Supported server running dataware housing application and terradata database.
- Experience with runningSQL queries on Oracle and MySQL.
- UsedVERITAS Cluster Server 4.1to create high available environments forNFS, WebLogic and Sendmail agents.
- Managed and supported LDAP environment running on Unix OS.
- Worked withSolaris Security Kit 4.1 (formerly known as JASS)to harden the Solaris servers and removing unnecessary processes on both the operating systems.
- Performedsystems monitoring, upgrades,performancetuning and backup and recovery.
- Implementation of naming services like DNS with Bind 8.4.x and NIS.
- Troubleshooting and fixing the problems related to systems, software and day to day regular maintenance tasks of the system.
- Respond toemergency callsrelating to server performance, diagnosis of problems, pairing problems or calling upon appropriate vendors to resolve the issue.
- Responsible forqualityreviewsandstandards.
- Provided24x7on-call /RemoteSupportfor UNIX Production Problems on weekly rotation basis.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day server related issues and problems.
Environment: Solaris 8,9,Centos, RedhatLinuxAS 2.1, 3, HPUX 11.0,11.11, Sun v245, E220, 420, 280R, v480, 490, 880, 890, 250, Netra T1/ X1, HP OV, TSM, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/ 4.x, Guardium, Best1, BindView, SysEdge, Tripwire, ITA, NIS, NFS, DNS, DAS/SAN/NAS, WebLogic, Webmethod, Apache, Perl.
- Configuration ofLVM(Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Configuration ofRAID 0, 1,01,10,50 for backupand recovery.
- UpdatingPatchesin the Systems as per the requirement.
- Responsible for supportingSun serversfor production, development and testing.
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining theDHCP, DNS, NFS, NIS, send mail server.
- User Account Management, Group Account Management, configuring dumb terminals, adding modems, formatting and partitioning disks, manipulating swap, local and remote printer management, taking and restoring backup, scheduling jobs.
- Performance tuning and preventive maintenance. Performed daily backup.
- Performed installation and configuration ofLDAP.
- ResolvingTCP/IPnetwork access problems for the clients. Implementing Remote System Monitoring with Sun Microsystems.
- Develop, Maintain, update variousscriptsfor services (start, stop, restart, recycle, cron jobs) Unix based shell.
- Experience with OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages andpatches.
- Scheduling full and incremental backups using Net Backup on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Experience with adding and configuring devices like Hard disks and Backup devices etc.
Environment: Red HatLinux, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, Apache, SMTP.