- 5 years of experience in the area of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Administration and Unix Servers Administration (AIX, Linux).
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of following:
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager on AIX and Windows Servers.
- TSM Clients on AIX, Linux, Solaris, Confidential - UX, and Windows.
- Tape libraries from Confidential, IBM, Quantum, and StorageTek.
- VTL (virtual Tape library).
- Tivoli Data Protection.
- Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Administration Center and Tivoli Common Reporting.
- EMC Data Domain A580 and A680.
- AIX 5.3, 6.1, Red Hat Linux, SUSI Linux.
- Client Backups, restore, and failed backup problem determination.
- Experience in Handling Tape library issues.
- Developed complex shell scripts for automation of TSM Tape Library management & report generation
- One of the three developer for SmartPoC v2.0 and v2.1 in IBM Tivoli Software Group.
- Performance Tuning and capacity planning and evaluating products in UNIX/Linux/AIX/Windows area.
- Excellent knowledge of Confidential, IBM, StorageTek, and Quantum Tape Libraries.
- Good understanding and Experience in Data Deduplication using TSM V6.
- Strong technical background in Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) and logical partitioning on Unix Servers.
- Experienced in creating CRON jobs to automate various System Administration tasks (Job scheduling) using the crontab utility.
- Experience in EMC storage systems (Symmetrix DMX ), ECC Control Center, Power Path, SRDF synchronous/adaptive copy, Timefinder BCV Mirror/snap technology
- SAN Maintenance specifically experience with EMC/SHARK/McData switches / Timefinder / SRDF
- Day to day TSM maintenances fixing library related issues.
- Configuring TSM operations like expiration, migration, reclamation, collocation etc.
- Good Experience in Configuration, installation and integration of different Tivoli Products.
- Good Knowledge of configuring Launch in Context and Single Sign On for different products.
- Extensive experience in using VMWare (Virtualization) Tools like Lotus Automator and Lab Manager(V-center).
- Good hands on XWindows tools like VNC Viewer.
- Installation and configuration of AIX, Red Hat Linux and SUSE Linux.
- AIX Administration experience on versions 5.2, 5.3 and 6.1.
- Intensively worked on IBM hardware Power Series 7 6 5 4 and RS6000
- Sound Experience with Logical Volume manager
- Experience with NIM Master to install AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1, fix pack, Service pack, patches, Technology/Maintenance level, mksysb and all network operations
- Migration of OS from AIX5.3 to AIX6.1 through CD/DVD, NIMADM and rte boot.
- Good experience in configuring HACMP on AIX.
- Experienced in Micro partitioning, PowerVM, VIO servers, clients, virtual SCSI, virtual Ethernet, Folding, SEA, NPIV and load balancing on dual VIO
- Well versed in configuration of multipath software like EMC Powerpath
- Network configuration of TCP/IP such as interface configuration, etherchannelling, NIC bonding, routing and troubleshooting.
- Experience in implementing the various security features in the UNIX/AIX environment using LDAP like configuring user authentication.
- User and group configuration using Network Information services.
- Can write related programs in UNIX shell script, C, C++, HTML, Perl, Expect, Java,.net, Ant Scripting.
- Worked outside of normal business hours to accomplish special implementation.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for other users and knowledge of Skills transfer process.
Operating System: Aix 5.x,6.1, UNIX,Solaris, RH Linux AS, Windows NT 4.0, 2000/2003,Novell, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Applications: Tivoli Storage Manager 5.2/5.3/6.1/6.3 , TDPs, HACMP 4.x and 5.1, LPAR, Composite Offering Installer, Virtual Image Creation Tools, VMWare Tools, IBM Tivoli Asset Discovery for Distributed, Tivoli Directory Server (LDAP), Tivoli Network Manager, Tivoi Application Dependency and Discovery Manager, Tivoli Monitoring Server, Websphere Application Server, Process Automation (CCMDB, SRM, TAMIT, RPM), IBM DB2 9.5 WSE/ESE, IBM DB2 9.7 ESE.
Hardware: IBM P series, IBM RS6000/SP, Dell Intel Servers, NAS, Sun E250/V440, Digital ALPHA (RISC), IBM 3584,3494,VTL Tape Library. VMWare ESX Server, IBM Blade Center X3650, Data Domain A58ccccccccv0 and A880.
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Firewall, Mail, Proxy, Content Filter, Spam Filter, Webservers, Routing, Port Mapping
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Confidential, Dearborn, Michigan
- Schedule and control open systems backups for the Data Center and CMDB environments.
- Backup Unix/Win/Linux physical and virtual servers.
- Maintaining cross side backups using 44 TSM servers present in two Data Centers of Michigan.
- Maintaining CMDB environment consists of one hundred and eighteen (118) windows based TSM Servers located in one hundred and thirteen (113) distributed sites globally responsible for backing up distributed located servers.
- Administer Six (6) IBM 3584 tape libraries, and one hundred and fifty eight (158) IBM 3592 tape drives.
- Administer three EMC VTL frames and two Data Domains.
- Administer Data Protection Advisor (DPA), Monitoring and reporting application from EMC.
- Run reports from DPA for Backup and other TSM activities.
- Monitor the health of TSM infrastructure (TSM servers and Libraries) and generate email alerts/ pages.
- Collect backups statistics from the TSM Servers.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Installation, configuration, and administration of AIX and Linux.
- Upgrading TSM V5 to V6.3 running on AIX.
- Installation, configuration and administration of TSM 6.3 on AIX 6.1 running on POWER7 p740.
- Capacity planning for TSM environment.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of TSM Administration Center V6.3.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.
- Supporting different tape libraries from Confidential and IBM.
- Installation and configuration of Tape libraries to TSM server running on AIX platform.
- Experience in working with Tivoli Data Protection for SAP for Oracle.
- Experience in Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle database.
- Experience in Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Administration of Confidential Enterprise Systems Library (ESL) G3 Tape Library.
- Administration of Oracle StorageTek L700 Tape Library.
- Upgrading Firmware on Tape libraries.
- Writing TSM, Shell scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Administered multiple IBM machines running pSeries Hardware (POWER5,6 & 7) on AIX 5.1/ 5.2/5.3/6.1
- AIX 5.2/5.3, Co-ordinated application team to Upgrade AIX 5.1 to AIX 5.3 and AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Created and configured LPAR/DLPAR’s on p5-570s and p5-590s
- Installation and Configuration of NIM.
- VIO server planning and setup with Micro Partitions, Configuration of Dual VIO servers.
- Technology level upgrades from 5.3 TL7 to 5.3Tl11, upgrade of other secure shelled software
- Migration from 5.3 (TL9 and TL11) to 6.1
- Installed fix packs, APARs, e-fix, i-fix.
- Dual VIOS installation and configuration of SEA, Virtual Ethernet, SCSI and HBA adapters (NPIV) and LHEA
- Client LPAR creation using Shared CPU, Memory and virtual adapters
- Configured and upgraded EMC powerpath.
- Responsible for automating tasks using cronjobs.
- Advised and implemented health statistics of kernel for performance enhancement.
- Responsible for maintaining Linux servers.
Environment: Three TSM 5.5 servers running on AIX 5.5, one TSM 6.3 running on AIX 6.1 and one TSM 5.5 running on Windows. Approximately over 1000 nodes which includes TDP's. Five tape libraries, Data Domain 880 and VTL's.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Experienced in Installation and Administration of TSM on AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1.
- Installation, configuration and administration of AIX 5.3/6.1 and Linux 5.5.
- Implement the TSM servers and environment as per client requirements and standards.
- Implement and support the tape environment including VTL and 3584 library.
- Implement operating procedure for TSM servers’ daily operation.
- Provide the installation and configuration standards for the BA and TDP clients.
- Experienced in configuring Data Domain to TSM server running on an AIX server.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Storage pool using Data Domain.
- Design, support the implementation TSM servers in HACMP cluster.
- Implement the Disaster Recovery and vaulting process.
- Experience in taking backups of Oracle database servers.
- Work with teams to forecast the load requirements for migrations of client data.
- Monitor and ensure that backup server maintenance tasks are successful on a daily basis, correcting any errors when necessary.
- Provide support for backup server, Tape drives and library problems, including halting and/or restarting the backup server software application.
- Creating user profiles including groups and user accounts.
- Plan to determine Storage and Backup needs and solution for Enterprise projects.
- Solving Failed and missed backup problems and to work on root causes.
- Good knowledge of scheduling in TSM Server - Registration and Association to backup schedules and test.
- Daily monitoring of TSM databases, recovery log and Storage Pools
- Annual review of TSM Architecture, feature and functions.
- Monitor on-off site tape rotations and inventory, and monitor procedures for compliance with Disaster Recovery program.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and maintenance for the enterprise TSM environment.
- Provide technical/solution contributions to current operations and to the vision for the future.
- Manage capacity and performance of the backup infrastructure ensuring the integrity of infrastructure on a day to day basis.
- System administration including user, system & group management, system updates, performance monitoring using Topas, and Nmon.
- Responsible for all aspects of AIX System Administration and support for RS-6000 servers and pSeries servers like power550, power570. This includes OS installation and upgrade, OS problem resolution, OS fixes.
- Created/Installed/Configured Dual Virtual I/O servers on p6-570.
- Installation of application software, administration of user accounts, system configuration, troubleshooting, system monitoring, system tuning, security updates, hardware maintenance, disk usage maintenance etc.
- Disk Management including mirroring, unmirroring the disk.
- Made use of the NIM utilities to push out software maintenance and program fixes to the entire fleet of systems keeping the System software releases current and also applied Microcode/ Firmware upgrade.
- LPAR planning and virtualization
- Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes
- Provide standard troubleshooting guide to client support for support teams.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
- Developer for IBM Tivoli Software Group.
- One of the three developers of SmartPoC v2.0 and SmartPoC v2.1.
- Provide support to field teams doing POC at customer sites.
- Installing and configuring IBM Tivoli Products on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.
- Good Experience in Silent installation (unattended) and configuration of IBM Tivoli Products using response file.
- Automation of installation and configuration steps for IBM Tivoli Products using Ant Scripting, Shell scripting and Virtual Image Creation tool.
- Administration of Zeroshell Router.
- Working with different development teams in America and around the world like Canada, India, China, North Korea, Thailand and UK.
- Working with the testing teams from UK, China, Korea, Canada and Thailand.
- Creation of Virtual images of for PoC using VMWare tools to ship across the world to be used by field teams to do Proof of Concepts.
- Provide Management with written status reports for project and task.
- Execute test cases and work with designers to resolve product issues discovered during test.
- Writing Technical Documentation about the product for users of product and writing technical procedures for developers.